Success stories with Male Factor Infertility

Hi all,

I think this success story belongs here after ttc for our first and two rounds of icsi I gave birth 10 months ago to a beautiful boy.

Afterwards we decided to ntnp as we were given a one percent chance of natural conception with severe male factor somehow we have managed a natural conception and I'm about 7-8 weeks just can't believe it! We are currently moving house too to a forever home and thought our boy would be a only child as we cannot afford any further treatment!

Keep hoping please 2 years ago I was devastated after a mmc but dreams really can happen!

Xxxxx

That's wonderful, congratulations! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats Annie that's great news! :) H&H all the way! :)

Hi melly2, just wondering what stage u are since ur story looked very much like a family friend - they had 1 testicle as well with low sperm count.
My best to y'all!

Hi melly2, just wondering what stage u are since ur story looked very much like a family friend of mine - they had 1 testicle as well with low sperm count. Just fyi- they also used fertility blend and it helped with the motility, count went from 500 thousand to 7 million in 6 months
My best to u!

Hi melly2, just wondering what stage u are since ur story looked very much like a family friend of mine - they had 1 testicle as well with low sperm count. Just fyi- they also used fertility blend and it helped with the motility, count went from 500 thousand to 7 million in 6 months
My best to u!

Hello!
We are in the exact same boat. My husband's count was 2 million back in February, and I have had him on FertileAid for men, plus lots of extra vitamins. He is now up to 5.9 million and his motility is at 78%. We have officially reached the 1 year mark for TTC, however, I am not discouraged. I still want to continue to try naturally even though we're both now pushing 38. Our FS keeps telling us that it's impossible and the only way we will ever conceive is through IVF/ICSI. However, I am stubborn and I am bound and determine to try naturally. I think if nothing happens in the next six months, then we will try IVF (maybe).

Thanks!
Melissa

Hi Melly,
Keep the hopes up.. Please keep us updated, and I wish u the best!

I have a success story to add. I am 39 and my hubby is 41. My RE had thought that my hubby's SA was O.K., so I didn't focus on it anymore. Dh's sperm count was 20 mil/mL, 30% motility, grade 3, and worst of all 0.5% morphology on the Kruger scale.

So not thinking dh's sperm was a problem, I had done everything under the sun to get pregnant--acupuncture, supplements, CBFM, preseed--you name it, I tried it. I also had laparoscopic surgery and a hysteroscopy against my doctor's advice, which found some minor things, but nothing that would have conclusively been the cause of my infertility.

After three failed rounds of Clomid/Bravelle with an Ovidrel trigger, I decided that I needed to stop focusing on me and focus on dh. I got dh on Fertilaid for men and Motility boost. A couple of weeks later, I also added in Countboost as well as daily pomegranate juice and modest improvements in his diet.

Three weeks after dh started on Fertilaid for Men, I ovulated, and 12 days later, this morning I got a bfp. I am positive it was the supplements that did the trick, and I am thrilled that it worked so quickly because I knew it usually takes at least 3 months to see any improvement. I'm really curious about what his numbers are, but I guess they are now good since we got the bfp.

Dh's diet before the change was atrocious, and was filled with sugary snacks, fried foods, fast foods, and processed foods. Sometimes he'd only eat one huge meal a day. He is not overweight but because his diet is so poor he is on blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I was hopeful the supps would have an impact since I felt his nutrition was the cause of his poor SA results esp since he had 3 children already with his ex when he was younger and one with me that took 8 months to conceive.

I'm still nervous about whether this pregnancy will be successful given the state of his sperm, but the fact I have gotten a bfp at least lets me know it is possible.

I have a success story to add. I am 39 and my hubby is 41. My RE had thought that my hubby's SA was O.K., so I didn't focus on it anymore. Dh's sperm count was 20 mil/mL, 30% motility, grade 3, and worst of all 0.5% morphology on the Kruger scale.

So not thinking dh's sperm was a problem, I had done everything under the sun to get pregnant--acupuncture, supplements, CBFM, preseed--you name it, I tried it. I also had laparoscopic surgery and a hysteroscopy against my doctor's advice, which found some minor things, but nothing that would have conclusively been the cause of my infertility.

After three failed rounds of Clomid/Bravelle with an Ovidrel trigger, I decided that I needed to stop focusing on me and focus on dh. I got dh on Fertilaid for men and Motility boost. A couple of weeks later, I also added in Countboost as well as daily pomegranate juice and modest improvements in his diet.

Three weeks after dh started on Fertilaid for Men, I ovulated, and 12 days later, this morning I got a bfp. I am positive it was the supplements that did the trick, and I am thrilled that it worked so quickly because I knew it usually takes at least 3 months to see any improvement. I'm really curious about what his numbers are, but I guess they are now good since we got the bfp.

Dh's diet before the change was atrocious, and was filled with sugary snacks, fried foods, fast foods, and processed foods. Sometimes he'd only eat one huge meal a day. He is not overweight but because his diet is so poor he is on blood pressure and cholesterol meds. I was hopeful the supps would have an impact since I felt his nutrition was the cause of his poor SA results esp since he had 3 children already with his ex when he was younger and one with me that took 8 months to conceive.

I'm still nervous about whether this pregnancy will be successful given the state of his sperm, but the fact I have gotten a bfp at least lets me know it is possible.

I'm so glad you posted here Cali - I was hoping you would! Although it's not going to happen this month you have given me the confidence boost I have been lacking recently regarding DH's sperm. Once we get the results from his next SA I am definitely going to order some Fertilaid - I've read great things about it so FX it might work. A huge congrats and wishing you a H&H 9 months! Please don't disappear from the other thread - we'll miss you! So make sure to pop in from time to time and let us know how you are doing! Big hugs :hugs:

Congrats hon! Such great news. Happy and healthy all the way!

That is great news!! Congratulations!

My husband has been on Count Boost and FertilAid for men as well. His count has went from 2.5 million up to 5.8 million. Though it's great that it doubled, it's still way too low. So, we've been keeping up with that regimen (as I'm convinced it's my husband as well) and we'll do another SA in a month or two. Let's hope it doubled again!

This thread gives me hope. I just found out two wks ago my DF has severe teratozoospermia (100%). I have to thank Bnb and all you ladies for all the info and support. If it weren't for this site I would be totally devastated and would think we had no chance.

Thank calidreaming for sharing your story here. It's nice to go thru the stages and see a happy ending. Congratulations again!

Congratulations!!! We were in a similar situation - DH had low count and motility. He started Fertilaid for men, countboost, and motilityboost and six weeks later his count had over doubled and his motility nearly tripled! We got pregnant by IUI on our first try :)

I was dubious too and nervous that we might have issues during our pregnancy, but I had the healthiest and most uneventful pregnancy! My daughter is six weeks old now and absolutely perfect! So don't be nervous, although it's easier said than done. Enjoy your pregnancy, it goes do quickly, I already can't wait to start trying for #2 :) congratulations again!!

Congratulations!!! We were in a similar situation - DH had low count and motility. He started Fertilaid for men, countboost, and motilityboost and six weeks later his count had over doubled and his motility nearly tripled! We got pregnant by IUI on our first try :)

I was dubious too and nervous that we might have issues during our pregnancy, but I had the healthiest and most uneventful pregnancy! My daughter is six weeks old now and absolutely perfect! So don't be nervous, although it's easier said than done. Enjoy your pregnancy, it goes do quickly, I already can't wait to start trying for #2 :) congratulations again!!

Isn't it amazing how fast those numbers can improve??? It's good to hear that your pregnancy was healthy because I was a little worried about that. I've heard some sites say the the health of the pregnancy is almost totally determined by the egg except in rare cases. I guess that is true!

Anyway congrats to you too and I hope ttc #2 is a breeze!

This is a great thread. Hubby's numbers came back 14.7 count, 49 mobility and 3% strict morphology. I am finishing up my testing with the HSG test next Friday. He has agreed to cut the beer (almost completely - couple of party exceptions) for the rest of the year to see if it improves the numbers. I am debating buying the supplements - there are so many out there.

Anyways - all the success stories here brings me hope!

hey there , i read 12 pages and let me tell u , it made me feel much better
dh has low everything
vol 2ml
count 20.1 mil/mll
normal forms 70%
abnormal 30%
total motility 40%
active 10 %
sluggish 30%

congrats for all the bfps

pushmug, yes you should definitely be hopeful because your hubby's numbers were very similar to mine. Your hubby's numbers are low, but borderline, so there's a good chance that it can quickly improve.

After DH's last SA I'm not so confident anymore. Turns out his count is super low - infact everything is super low! The only thing that makes me have some hope is the fact that his sperm has probably always been like that and we have a beautiful DS so I know it can happen.....

His count is 4 mill. Motility went down from 44% - 19% :( but his morphology went from 0% normal - 2%. He's now taking Fertilaid - but just the main one - we didn't get the additional supplements. Now I think I should order the count boost and motility ones but only problem is I don't know if he will take them all! As it is I think he is only taking 2 a day as difficult for him to remember the lunchtime one due to work etc......

Still I am keeping my FX! I'm really hoping that Fertilaid is going to be a miracle worker for us!

I am giving up TTC naturally, just seems so hopeless after 3.5 years. We had our first natural cycle IVF and my only egg was fertilised via ICSI. DH's SA on the day of EC was quite bad 5.5, mil, 35% motility and 1% morphology so we were told ICSI our only option but even if his SA was better on the day they would still recommend ICSI because his previous SA were always below norm. the IVF ended in chemical but at least there was some kind of action for the first time since we started TTC. I now think that we probably never even get to creating an embryo while TTC naturally. sorry I am not very optimistic but that's just how things are for us. I cant wait to start our second IVF. I now think we should have moved to IVF earlier as even with vitamins his count was never good enough, not even borderline always low.

Yeah I really have no idea what the future holds for us with everything being so bad.... Problem is I don't think we can afford IVF/ICSI so I try not to think about that yet as not ready to accept we might have to give up on TTC baby # 2. Will see if the vitamins make a difference and might also try acupuncture. He is being referred to a urologist as well so hoping he might have some suggestions!! Good luck with your 2nd IVF cycle :hugs:

WhiteOrchid, I was told that Chinese herbs work better than acupuncture for sperm issues. My DH was on Chinese herbs and his SA improved but it was at the same time as he stopped his beer and was taking tonnes of vitamins so not sure how much these herbs were actually helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->