Success stories with Male Factor Infertility

Congratulations on your pregnancy Victoria79!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you :happydance:

This is the post I posted a few months ago...is that what you wanted Regalpeas? I don't know how to link you to it, so I just copied and pasted:

Don't Lose Hope!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I just want to encourage everyone that struggles with MFI with my story. We found out in October that DH had low count and motility (only 6.2 million and 17% motility) at that point we'd been doing Clomid rounds with our OBGYN (which wasn't really going well either, I only O'd once during the three rounds we took it) If I don't take fertility meds, I have anovulatory cycles. So, DH's MFI really compounded our problems!

After discovering we had MFI, my OBGYN referred us to an RE. I felt pretty down after doing research on MFI and reading everywhere that there's really nothing you can do. I did read though about Fertilaid for Men. I did tons of reasearch and everywhere I read it got rave reviews. So, I decided, hey what do we have to lose?

DH started taking Fertilaid for Men, CountBoost, and MotilityBoost in mid-October. In mid-November we started our first round of Femara and on December 1 we did our first IUI. (6 weeks after starting the Fertilaid) DH went early to drop off his sample and we went to breakfast, feeling pretty anxious. We were ready to walk in there and hear the worst!

When we got there my RE came in and shared the good news, DH's count had gone up to 13 million and his motility was up to 50%!!!! After washing the sperm we were left with 5 million very healthy sperm.

We were elated and our RE told us with numbers like that we had a very good chance of getting pregnant within 3 rounds of IUI. We couldn't believe the results we saw in just 6 weeks, I couldn't imagine what another six weeks would do!

To our surprise, we found out last week (Dec. 10) that I'm pregnant!!! We were in shock. The only thing I can attribute our success to was the Fertilaid, we hadn't really changed anything else about our lifestyle.

I hope this offers all of you ladies hope, I know when we first found out about DH's MFI I thought that was the end, I felt so incredibly hopeless. There are solutions though, don't listen to the negative people out there that say you have no hope!!

I'm praying that everyone who struggles with male factor their BFPs very soon!!!

Thanks so much for the repost! I really appreciate it. Such an up lifting post :)

Congrats to you again! :) H&H

Well ladies, I have to tell you. We got or BFP yesterday! DH was on 15 supplements for the last 3 months and it changed his morph from 1%-2%.... and we got or BFP. There is hope with MFI.

Well ladies, I have to tell you. We got or BFP yesterday! DH was on 15 supplements for the last 3 months and it changed his morph from 1%-2%.... and we got or BFP. There is hope with MFI.

Congratulations!!! Happy and healthy 9 months :) :hugs:

another success story - I got my bfp after 2 years TTC with PCOS and low count and motility and i am now almost 8 weeks pregnant. I haven't posted in this thread for ages so hope it's ok to post! :hugs: we had 3 failed monitored cycles of femara with ovitrelle trigger and timed BD and I was so depressed after that that we just kind of gave up and resigned ourselves to waiting for ICSI in may 2014. for some reason I started ovulating on my own after femara and my OH was still taking vitamins up until the middle of february and we conceived end of march (I think), we weren't really properly 'trying' anymore so I hate to say that it was a complete accident and surprise. we don't remember when we :sex: around that time but we think it might have been two or three days before and one day after.

he was taking 100mg bee pollen, 100mg grapeseed extract, 1000mg cod liver oil, 1000mg vitamin C and wellman conception :) we will never know if they improved his count and motility though because we didn't do a repeat SA!

Congratulations foquita!! Happy and healthy 9 months :) Thanks for sharing your story!

CONGRATS!! That is so amazing!!

Congrats to the new bfps! So awesome! H&H all the way through! :)

Congratulations!! I love all the happy BFP! It gives me hope and made my day. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

DH repeated his SA a few days ago after not drinking beer for 3 months and taking some serious vitamins and we finally got SA results, not great but much better than last time. count moved up from 1 to 11 million but morphology is 2% which is very poor. Motility is good (last time it was non-existent). I am still very happy cos it's a really big improvement on last SA and it shows that we can actually do things to improve hubby's sperm, the bad news is that over the last 3 years it was never within norm so not sure if it ever will be…

That's great news Briss! At least the numbers are going up. What vitamins is he taking? I don't know if this matters either, but before DH went in for our IUI (which acted kind of like a SA) we didn't BD for a week before. I know there's mixed reviews on whether or not that's a good thing, like the quality goes down etc. but it seemed to work for us! My fingers are crossed for you!

Thanks. we have been checking Dh's SA for the last 3 years that we are TTC, the first one was 12 mil, then it got down to 2.8, then further down to 1 and now back to 11. if he continues with no beer, and supps I hope it will be improving but it was never above 15 mil so not really sure. The main progress of course was him stopping the beer but I think supps also helped.

My Dh is on the following:

Wellman Conception
Vitamin B complex
1,000 Maca
1,000 Ginseng
200 COQ10
60 Pycnogenol
1,000 Flaxseed oils
1,000 Fish oils
1,000 L-Arginine
1,000 Carnitine
700 Horny Goat weed
500 tribilus
60 Zinc
50 Selenium
800 Calcium
1,000 Vitamin C
1,000 Vitamin B12
200 Vitamin E
4,000 Vitamin D

DH repeated his SA a few days ago after not drinking beer for 3 months and taking some serious vitamins and we finally got SA results, not great but much better than last time. count moved up from 1 to 11 million but morphology is 2% which is very poor. Motility is good (last time it was non-existent). I am still very happy cos it's a really big improvement on last SA and it shows that we can actually do things to improve hubby's sperm, the bad news is that over the last 3 years it was never within norm so not sure if it ever will be…

Wow...that's great news, that's a huge improvement. Though the morph is still low, it averages out better since there are more sperms overall. I think it's great news, good improvement.

Thanks. we have been checking Dh's SA for the last 3 years that we are TTC, the first one was 12 mil, then it got down to 2.8, then further down to 1 and now back to 11. if he continues with no beer, and supps I hope it will be improving but it was never above 15 mil so not really sure. The main progress of course was him stopping the beer but I think supps also helped.

My Dh is on the following:

Wellman Conception
Vitamin B complex
1,000 Maca
1,000 Ginseng
200 COQ10
60 Pycnogenol
1,000 Flaxseed oils
1,000 Fish oils
1,000 L-Arginine
1,000 Carnitine
700 Horny Goat weed
500 tribilus
60 Zinc
50 Selenium
800 Calcium
1,000 Vitamin C
1,000 Vitamin B12
200 Vitamin E
4,000 Vitamin D

Are those vitamins you list above in addition to wellman or are they included?

Melly, the vitamins are in addition to wellman, wellman has the right stuff but we need larger doses of certain things

Congrats Briss! Good news =better chances. Praying everything works out and you get a BFP!!!

Hi all,

I think this success story belongs here after ttc for our first and two rounds of icsi I gave birth 10 months ago to a beautiful boy.

Afterwards we decided to ntnp as we were given a one percent chance of natural conception with severe male factor somehow we have managed a natural conception and I'm about 7-8 weeks just can't believe it! We are currently moving house too to a forever home and thought our boy would be a only child as we cannot afford any further treatment!

Keep hoping please 2 years ago I was devastated after a mmc but dreams really can happen!

Xxxxx

Hi all,

I think this success story belongs here after ttc for our first and two rounds of icsi I gave birth 10 months ago to a beautiful boy.

Afterwards we decided to ntnp as we were given a one percent chance of natural conception with severe male factor somehow we have managed a natural conception and I'm about 7-8 weeks just can't believe it! We are currently moving house too to a forever home and thought our boy would be a only child as we cannot afford any further treatment!

Keep hoping please 2 years ago I was devastated after a mmc but dreams really can happen!

Xxxxx

Congratulations Annie! I love happy stories! Thanks fore helping us keep our dreams alive. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->