Sucking her bottom lip?

S

Serene123

Caitlyns new habit is sucking her bottom lip. All day, everyday! I am afraid it will get sore.. Anything I can do??

my little one does this aswell!!just keep an eye on it hun but i suppose its like sucking a thumb!

not alot you can do i'm afriad hun, like max-bump said its like them sucking their thumb

Grace does it too, often when she's falling asleep or asleep. She won't take a dummy unless you hold it in for her and she sucks on her fingers a lot too so I guess it may be some kind of comforter. I don't know whether you can do much about it

Can you really stop a baby from doing anything like that? haha, I so wished I could get Bren to stop chewing on his right index finger! It is so red now.

Bren has started rubbing his lips together, like you would do after putting on lipstick. It is just the funniest thing.

Colton does it too. He doesn't do it enough to make it red though, just every now and then.
I dont know why.. he doesn't really suck on anything for comfort. He doesn't suck suck his thumb (he more chews on it) and he hasn't had a binkie in months.

Yeah Skye also does this all day and night, I think they just like to suck on something. She wouldnt take a dummy so just using her lip instead :)

Our little girl has been doing this for the last few days too! lol never seen a baby do it before looks sooooo funny

Hie my 3yr old does that as well,butas he sucks his bottom lip he will put his hands in his pants and play with his balls,need help what can i do.

Sam went through a phase of sucking his lip all the time (or his thumb). It never got sore though, and he doesn't do it any more. Just makes crazy frog bbbbbbb noises with his lips instead :rofl: x

Hie my 3yr old does that as well,butas he sucks his bottom lip he will put his hands in his pants and play with his balls,need help what can i do.

Little bit unrelated?! You might want to start a new thread...

But it's totally normal for young kids to explore their bodies, so I wouldn't worry about it.

my baby girl does this all the time. shes 6 months old. I think its just a comfort thing as she is not distressed when she does it so i didnt associate it with teething. she does often hum when shes doing it though. its always tucked inside her mouth and if shes had it there a while it sometimes goes a little bit blue in the middle. it sounds quite normal though as there are lots of replies here.

Max dosent do that so cant offer anything ..but just wanted to say hang in there :)

lol.... I just read the rest of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->