Sudden cessation of nausea?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Some of you have seen my previous posts about sudden nausea coming on. Well, a day or two after I had my scan where I saw the heartbeat, I suddenly had a stop of the nausea and even to a large extent the tiredness. This worried me a bit, because later that night, I was driving and didn't see a curb and I hit it pretty hard and it jostled and surprised me, and I hoped I couldn't have hurt my baby with the shock of it. However, I also had been extremely deficient in vitamin d and my doctor prescribed me a prescription dose which I was to take for 4 days and then once every three weeks. The nausea and tiredness did stop after the 4th or 5th day (the vitamin d didn't cause the nausea and tiredness as it has no side effects) so I'm HOPING that it is a good thing that I'm suddenly not super duper nauseas like I was and hoping that my vitamin d levels are suddenly high enough where that somehow affected it? I also have been eating more throughout the day, smaller little snacky meals, and I've learned that my calcium-magnesium drink helps my nausea markedly, so it's possible that I'd still be nauseas if I wasn't doing all these things. I do have a continuation of other pregnancy symptoms, like I'm still really tired (just not as exhausted as before, which the doctor DID say the extremely low vitamin d levels would definitely contribute to having extreme exhaustion) and I do feel a bit queasy sometimes, and my boobs hurt and got bigger to the point where I had to start wearing a bra again, so I think things are still continuing and I wouldn't think that when I was nauseas I'd be at all upset about NOT being nauseas lol, except that it worries me!

Has anyone else suddenly had nausea come on and suddenly have it go mostly off again?

My nausea has always been on and off. I'll think it's gone for good then 4 days later it comes back to say hello. I just say a silent thank you!! whenever it gives me a bit of a break!!! xo

My nausea has always been on and off. I'll think it's gone for good then 4 days later it comes back to say hello. I just say a silent thank you!! whenever it gives me a bit of a break!!! xo

Lol I think I'll join you in that silent thank you! Although I'm having trouble getting my breakfast down because I feel hungry and not hungry at the same time lol. So weird. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I think I was feeling many things happening at once that was making the nausea worse - low blood pressure, low blood sugar, low vitamin d levels, low calcium and magnesium levels, not eating often enough during the day, etc... I started to correct many of those things and I think it's really made a huge difference but it sort of scared me to have it just suddenly vanish because the ultrasound lady and my doctors were all like, "Yeah, well the nausea is a good thing because it lets you know the pregnancy is still progressing!" I still have other symptoms and the nausea is not TOTALLY gone but that's why I worried lol. So it feels good to be reassured that you go through this coming and going of nausea, too! Who knows, it could just come and go and nothing I'm doing nutritionally is affecting it, or maybe what I'm doing really has helped! Mysterious lol :haha: Thanks sun! :hug:

It probably has helped. When my iron was low in my 2nd pregnancy I felt like a totally different person once I got my levels up again. Also a vitamin B complex (that contains B6) can really help nausea - B6 is good for nausea, and low B12 can cause low energy and fatigue so a supplement helps.

Also breakfast! I thought you were in the UK all this time but I see you're actually in NZ!! :haha:

Lol yeah :D Also, I spoke too soon. I almost just threw up in the shower because of the sensation of water on my lower back if that makes sense. And I just spent about forty minutes trying to find something to wear that doesn't make me look like a giant heffer. I somewhat succeeded, but I'm wondering how I'm not going to put on tons of weight when the only things I want to eat are sugary and/or fattening. I try to substitute healthy alternatives but in the end this queasiness sort of dictates what I can actually eat. I know a lot of advice is well-meaning but some ladies are like, "Oh yeah! Just keep some carrots with you and then cook three amazingly healthy meals a day!" and I'm like... I have the energy to boil some eggs. That's about it. Maybe some toast. :haha: Oh geez. My OH stops being attracted to me when I'm even slightly overweight (not a nice thing but at least he's honest) so that has me really worried because I'm only barely edging on 7 weeks pregnant and between the bloat and what I can stuff down I'm not feeling so good about this not getting fat thing :(

Lol yeah :D Also, I spoke too soon. I almost just threw up in the shower because of the sensation of water on my lower back if that makes sense. And I just spent about forty minutes trying to find something to wear that doesn't make me look like a giant heffer. I somewhat succeeded, but I'm wondering how I'm not going to put on tons of weight when the only things I want to eat are sugary and/or fattening. I try to substitute healthy alternatives but in the end this queasiness sort of dictates what I can actually eat. I know a lot of advice is well-meaning but some ladies are like, "Oh yeah! Just keep some carrots with you and then cook three amazingly healthy meals a day!" and I'm like... I have the energy to boil some eggs. That's about it. Maybe some toast. :haha: Oh geez. My OH stops being attracted to me when I'm even slightly overweight (not a nice thing but at least he's honest) so that has me really worried because I'm only barely edging on 7 weeks pregnant and between the bloat and what I can stuff down I'm not feeling so good about this not getting fat thing :(

:growlmad: Well I hope he understands that pregnant women put on weight! I would hate to have to worry that my OH isn't attracted to me because I'm pregnant. I've been bigger and smaller through my pregnancies and my OH loves the way I look throughout. Sorry you have that added pressure from your OH. On the eating front, I just eat what I can stomach in 1st tri and don't worry too much. I can't eat anything raw (salads, etc) at all in 1st, but I find I get back to more normal and balanced eating in 2nd when the weird nausea and food aversions calm down a bit. xo

Symptoms come and go Hun, try not to stress too much.
And I don't think hitting the curb would do any damage it's only really a worry when bub is bigger. I've thrown up three times so far this pregnancy. And they've all been a few days apart from each other. Where as my 1st two babies I was chucking up everyday from the 1st day I was sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->