Suddenly dropping all Milk feeds?

dizzyspells

Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx
Reaction score
Finnlay has suddenly stopped taking his Morning and Evening bottles.He woke up the other morning and just point blank refused and the same again at night.Keep offering it him morning & night and he is just not interested.Have tried putting it a sippy cup,Bottle with a spout but to no avail.Is this normal do they drop them at this age?Mia still has her Milk before bed and she is 7 ha ha!so this is all new to me!

Have given him supper so he is still getting some milk intake in an evening but just worried he is not getting enough.He eats 3 good meals a day and plenty of fruit and now supper so he is getting enough in terms of food just the milk.

I don't know tbh hun but I don't think it will cause problems, as long as he still eats plenty of calcium rich foods like cheese etc then he should be ok ... I wish Thomas would point blank refuse ... instead we're up in the night getting more milk for him :rolleyes: x

We still up in the night too Kel with Finn but he has not had a bottle for a while now in the night but he is usually up at 5am every morning!!

Tried him again tonight and he just looked disgusted at it and left it again.

My niece just refused all milk at around 18 months I dont think she drank it again for a long time but shes a perfectly healthy 5 year old so hasn't done her any harm

My eldest point blank refused milk at 16 months old not only that she went off cheese and yogurts to! she started drinking milk again at the age of 3 but still wont eat cheese or yougurt, you cant force them to eat and drink things so i just tried to get as much calcium as i could in her diet... i wouldnt worry about it. x

Well Ella did this when she self weaned off her bottles. It took her quite awhile to take milk from a sippy cup and then a normal cup and these days she still rarely drinks it. We just have to make sure she get plenty of other calcium rich foods - yoghurt, cheese etc.

Omar is starting to hate his bottles. for the past few days he's been refusing his bedtime bottles, but he took it tonight. He's not soo keen on milk, so I offer him plain yoghurt at least twice a day to make up for the dropped milk feeds. xx

Thanks girls for the input it has def put my mind at ease!

He is still eating yoghurts & cheese etc so at least that is somthing.Will keep offering him a little maybe in his sippy cup and just making sure I keep an eye on getting him to have extra intake.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->