****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Foxforce- does the infacol help a lot? poor Bram was up for HOURS crying (for the first time!) last night and nothing we could do seemed to help. I ended up calling my mw in tears at 11.30pm/23.30 to ask for her advice and she suggested getting some infacol... we're going to try today.

Also, for those of you using dummies/pacifiers... do your LO's sleep with them? We tried using one for the first time last night but I thought it was a little scary letting him fall asleep with it... :blush: but it was the only thing that seemed to calm him. Ended up taking it away when it fell out of his mouth after he fell asleep... but we're just not used to it so don't really know what to do.

Morning

Itsy yes infacol has helped, thing we have now is hiccups after most feeds, poor baby.
Eliza doesn't always go to sleep with her dummy but if she does it normally falls out as soon as she properly nods off. They actually recommend to use them to prevent SIDS.

We probably had the best night so far last night, fed at 8pm, she woke for another at 1230, 5am and then 0920. So feel like I have slept, but since yesterday been getting headache, shooting pains in my cervix and bottom, and some after pains, all trying to get back to normal im sure. Feet still swollen but not as severe. Mw coming today, Eliza having her heel prick test :(

Right best go tidy up a little, Itsy hope the infacol does the trick, it took a couple of doses/feeds to see the benefit.

First of all congrats Flybee on your gorgeous little man Raphael!! he is super cute.

Itsy, we are using Dentinox colic drops which have really helped... I'm still not sure if Ivy really does have colic or is just a fussy baby... but they've made a difference as she's much more chilled. our hard part is 8pm-11pm as she's really fussy at that time and hard to settle.

Hayley we are all rooting for you honey!!! Is it your induction today? :yipee: you will DEFINITELY have your baby by this weekend! :yipee:

ooh we cross posted Fox!

Forgot to say we don't use the dummy at night, only because if it falls out she gets upset so i'd rather her get to sleep without it.
Fox i'm also have shooting pains, in my bum though! think it's from my constipation but things are getting better down there now.
We also had a good night last night - 11pm-5am - she's a good little sleeper so far i'll give her that much!!
ooohhh she's crying now gotta go nappy change!xx

21 hours til induction ladies! im now crapping my pants about being induced! arrgghhhh why wont he get out! :lol: its just i know what to expect after jacks labour and one continuos contraction fills me with dread! i dont know how im going to do my hypno birthing!!! just repacked my bags , kids are going away tonight until sunday so last night was the last night as a family of four! i will update you ladies as soon as i can 2moro! according to the mw she reckons he wont be long coming out , i bloody hope he isnt!! xxx

Hi ladies! Just a brief one, will do birth story later.
I'm finally home. Feeling really good. Not in much pain at all. Georgia is perfect. She's a very sucky baby and the midwife advised a dummy. So she is laying happy in her moses basket right now :)

Thanks for the messages xxx

Hayley - one more get up :dance: not long now hun :D and you will be fab i am sure!

I am waiting for the midwife to come hoping they discharge us today but only will if Amelia is back up to birth weight.

We use a dummy but she is not too keen and only has it when i am trying to stretch her out a bit for a feed. She doesnt cry for it or use it out of choice. I also have infacol in the cupboard but have not had to use it yet. I brought it as i would rather have it in and not use it at all than need some in the night and not be able to get any, as Callum had terrible colic but so far so good this time.

Good luck hayley xxxxxxxxx

Hi all. I'll fill you in soon. Just Read all posts.

Xxx

I thought pacifiers (dummies) werent recommended until after 4 weeks if breastfeeding to reduce the potential for nipple confusion?

IMG-20110708-00067[3].jpg

Bradford-20110703-00055.jpg

Hi all just quick post with some pics of Eliza, sorry one is on its side, also I didn't read previous page earlier when I posted.

Lilly sorry your have bm problems, hopefully that should ease very soon, I have ben eating prunes to keep me regular! Hard when your feeling in that area isn't right.

Itsy the mw who phoned just said congratulations lol and that she had not been inform :shrug: oh well ...

Hayley you must be feeling excited that the time is almost here, so sorry your little boy didn't put in a appearance sooner, so sure he would have been one of the first.

Great your home Ailey and feeling so good.

Back in a bit :flower: xx

Foxforce Eliza is gorgeous!! look at all that hair, she's rivalling Ivy and Amelia in the hair stakes!

Ashley - yes some people say not to introduce dummies/pacifiers too soon but we've had no problems with nipple latch confusion - she is breastfeeding like a little monster!
My MW said to me there's no problem with it, and the dummy literally saves us!!

I expressed my milk for the first time today, managed to get 2 ounces after a feed so happy that i seem to have enough milk. Its currently in the fridge ready for when DH feeds her tonight! We're just trying it out.

Even though we are getting good sleeps (considering) I am exhausted and emotional today and had to turn away a friend who wanted to visit this afternoon. just want to be with DH and kids!

Foxforce i've been meaning to ask, how did you feel when they said 'its a girl!" ?! Did you have any inkling at all or were you totally surprised?

Well girls just Hayley to go then I guess we have to say goodbye to this thread.. our new one is over in the Lounge - Groups & Discussions - Baby and Parenting section for those who don't know :kiss:

xx

aww Foxforce, thanks for sharing pics of Eliza! She looks so alert with her beautiful eyes open in the first pic! What a cutie!

Ashley- my mw told me to avoid a pacifier for the first week, and that after that it was up to us.. I'm still feeling a little weird about using one though, but so far he hasn't really needed it (except for last night!)

I tried the infacol today for the first time... and it was like magic! He literally stopped crying, fed, then went to sleep within 30 minutes of using it. Do you guys literally use it before every feeding? or only when your LO's are crying/having issues (and Lilly, same for your colic drops... when do you use it?)

Hey all. Georgia has a dummy! I literally did not sleep at all last night cos she wanted to suckle all night. The midwife recommended it. My nipples are so sore, but I'm determined to plough through. Got some satchets of lansinoh from the hospital so I've been using that.

Georgia too has lots of hair! When we bathed her and dried it it literally fluffed out, so cute!

Really hope Hayley has her baby soon.

I still can't believe that my baby is here and I didn't need inducing! :D

I'm so lost on what to do in regards to the pacifier. Everything I've read has said not to give it to her, but I wonder if I could give it a try and then if I notice any change in her feeding I could just stop giving it to her? She wouldn't have it all the time, but she does have a very strong suckling instinct and she likes to use me as a pacifier after she's done feeding. my nipples are cracked, one is bleeding, and it's not because of latch problems. she usually latches fine, i think she just sucks too hard lol

awwwww look at all the gorgeous babies! and mine WILL be joining them all 2moro! if i dont get on in the morning before i go , i will update you all as soon as i have had him! speak soon ladies :) xxxx

good luck hayley, do you think they will just break your waters to start? xx

Lilly re being told it's a girl I burst into tears and I was in disbelief! They asked Izzy to tell me but he could tell for a few moments he was so overwhelmed lol I still can't believe as I think deep down I was thinking it may be a boy, but then I thought the kicks should be a bit stronger if a boy :shrug:

Hayley good luck Hun for tomorrow, can't wait to see pics and hear your story :hugs:

I still need to do my birth story, try get round to it this weekend

good luck hayley, do you think they will just break your waters to start? xx

I have no idea hun , I hope if I'm more dilated then 2cm then I think they break your waters but I'm not sure! That would be a better option then being induced! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->