Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I cannot believe we have ANOTHER boy! Congrats!

Yay for v-day! Jess I cannot wait for your LO to get here so you can start feeling better and get to meet your bundle of joy that made it all worth it.

Yay another boy that is so exciting, I so would have cracked to lol

Yay for V day Jess

Thanks ladies! Ahh, we're getting so close now!

How is everyone doing?

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that we finally settled on a boy name this morning. Virtue Amir! So now I can call my son by his name! That sounds so weird to say out loud, but it's the most awesome thing ever!

Jess I'm doing good. Finally back to myself after all the blah a couple weeks back. How are things with you? Has the sickness let up any?

I'm doing good too :D (other than this awful cough and cold!) Finally seem to have come to the end of food aversions etc. Started back doing yoga a few times a week...now I just need to start swimming. Was thinking of going tomorrow morning but we're having a cold spell here (snow this morning although it didn't stick) so there's a big danger I might decide my bed is too cosy to leave!!

What a beautiful name, I wish we could decide between the two we want but are waiting till he is born so for now he is my little sparrow (middle name)

Getting a swim Sounds great..

Jess how are you feeling?

Have another scan this morning so fingers crossed nothing has changed and turning funneling is no different.

Question - do any of you lady's have nightmares about your LO? I have been having a lot lately and plays with my anxiety and my mid wife thinks it could be related to my last pregnancy and suggested it maybe good to talk to the councilor there but I don't think it would really change a thing.. I'm sure dreams like that can be normal in pregnancy

Two, I'd say that is very normal for anyone who's pregnant. Haven't had any nightmares myself (yet!) but have had a few rather hairy childbirth ones where the pains are so vivid! Eek! Oh and one where I'd had the baby but I wasn't a bit interested in him/her and just kept crying cos I missed my bump!!! I'm sure all our dreams are only going to get stranger and more vivid from now until the end! Hope your nightmares ease off though, that can't be much fun... :hugs:

Two, I had one last night that I flipped out on the check in lady cause they didn't have the right u/s scheduled for me, then got scared I had done something to the baby...I was livid in my dream. But nothing directly related to something actually happening to my child once they are here. I will say I think that it is normal though, and I also think it's possible it could be related to your last pregnancy.

My mom said she used to have horrible dreams about someone coming and doing something to me when I was baby. Then when I was here the dreams got worse and she would wake up terrified and constantly checking on me. I'm obviously fine, so try not to let your dreams play with your head too much. But I think we all have dreams, thoughts, etc. that scare us. It's normal, we're going to be parents, and there's nothing that none of us wouldn't do to protect them. I have a million thoughts running through my head...what if this happens, what if that happens. I actually expected the lady to count all the fingers and toes on an actively squiggly squirming baby to make sure they're all there today. I know it's hard to just stop having these dreams, but maybe talking to someone will help relieve some of the stress you're feeling.

Hope everything goes well at u/s!

I'm better too :) Everything has cleared up and the sickness has turned into bad morning sickness last week - it's such a relief. Now I'm just trying to learn to eat again. My stomach can only handle baby portions and only certain foods so I'm doing food therapy after 5 months of vomiting!

Glad everyone is doing well!

Jess - Great news about feeling better!

Almost - LOVE the bag! The Vera Bradley bags have such personality to them! What a great deal!

Two - No, nightmare here. I'd have to sleep to have nightmares and since I'm not sleeping alas no dreams. :(

OMG another boy No Doubt!! Congrats!! I can't wait to pick a name but I swear we will be picking one when we see him in person!!

Since a good bit of us used ART do you think that might have something to do with all the boys?

Anniversary for us went great! So did registry! What fun! Shopping but not spending money! My kinda day! We ended up buying the car seat as they are discontinuing the fabric choice we wanted - good side is that they took the 20% off coupon even though it clearly exempts the brand on the bottom - good deal for us!

I had two of them last night losing Bubs and it's just so upsetting to have them.

Jess I am so happy to hear that things are looking up for you..xx

Sounds like you had a great day snowflake, and sorry about the know sleeping at the moment and hope you get some sleep soon.

AFM - I hate these weekly scans as there is always something, cervix has slight shotening and more funneling but they won't do the stitch as the risk is to high and he said I am at a high risk of pre term labour so it won't make a difference and to keep taking the progesterone as it's been proven to be more affective. When I am 24 weeks they will give me a steroids shot to help develop baby in case of early labour so to me that says they must be expecting me to go early?? Or I hope just a precaution

Hopefully its just a precaution two. Seems that he is hanging in there though, and if the progesterone is a better option then I think you should stick with it. It will all work out I'm sure.

Jess-Happy Vday! So glad you are feeling much better-it's about time-you deserve it mama!!

Sorry about the worries that have been coming with the scans 2-I hope only positive things are found and said at your next scan!

I'm worried this back/rib pain might be gallbladder related. Anyone else deal with this before?

Two - so sorry you didn't get the good news you wanted. Hopefully the steroids will only be precautionary and that your lil boy won't be showing you his handsome face for another few months... :hugs:

Snowflakes - interesting point about the ART and all these boys!!

Walker - no experience of that I'm afraid. Maybe a trip to the dr if you're worried?

Two, I was told that my stitch will probably only last until early third trimester so I'm starting steroid shots for Jasper's lungs next week too. I think it's better to be safe than sorry! We might both end up going full term but because of incompetent cervix, they will take every precaution out there. I was told to stay on bed rest until third trimester, AT LEAST, as it decreases any chances of anything going wrong with the stitch too. In my case, they just want me to get to 34 weeks, they'd really like as it's a 'safe point' but chances of that happening are slim as it is. What dosage of progesterone are you on?

Walker, back pain could simply be a UTI - my 'extra' back pain on top of SPD turned into one today!

& thank you ladies! I'm feeling loads better but having to use crutches and wheelchair still isn't.. fun! Although seems the further I'm getting, the better I'm feeling (well, apart from SPD but that I can deal with!) I haven't vomitted in days and I've gained 4lb too!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->