Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

LO has been moving around pretty consistently now. Though lucky for me, no movement that actually wakes me or keeps me up. All pretty subtle stuff right now.

We should almost change the name of our little group here to Team Blue! :haha: So many boys! A bunch of heartbreakers we go growing I'm sure :winkwink:

Happy 21 weeks to me! Man I am really ahead of schedule with the weight gain. I feel like I'm not going overboard with eating and I'm trying to eat decently healthy. I think my LO (and myself) are about 2 weeks ahead of schedule with our growth, so maybe I only have 17 weeks left instead of 19.

Walker I the person that started this thread would have to do the poll.

Christie you don't look like you've gained that much from the bump pic you posted. I think you will be just fine. But I know the feeling. I'm actually within limits but I'm just so big, at least I feel huge.

Girls, all the :blue:, :pink: and :yellow: info is on page 1 of the thread... Do we need a poll as well? :shrug:
NoDoubt, I know exactly what you mean! Surely some of us :yellow:s must be having girls!!!

MissA - we are thinking of David for a boy and Fia for a girl but nothing definite yet!

NoDoubt - I'm up about 17 pounds already! Well over the top line on the Pregnancy weight tracker https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator. I kept telling my sister I wasn't going to gain 50 lbs like she did with both of her kids. But it seems I just might. The chart says I shouldn't be this weight for another 3 weeks. Oh well. Maybe it's a sign at how much this LO will be eating when he gets here! I should by some stock in a grocery store chain :)

Broody, David is my hubbys name so of course I'm partial, lol. But he doesn't want to ours that if we have a boy cause he's a second and never wanted that name. Weirdo, lol.

Christie you are carrying it well. Plus you have nice big got in there so you can have the extra weight. I'll allow it, lol.

I'm fine with or without the poll. The info on the first page is good for me.

I hope I don't crack at the u/s and find out. I have to remember my headphones and the DVD so they can record it for us. We go on Monday, first thing in the morning. I'll try to upload the DVD if I can, but I'm not really how to even do that. Definitely pics though!

I'm sure my height (5'8") helps with me not looking like I've gained so much already. Though I'm sure it's perfectly fine, especially since when I look at my belly, it's not as if the weight added padding all the way around my waist. I definately have definition where LO is pulling my belly away from my hips. Still have a bit of definition at the hip bones. LO better slow down his growth, or I'm going to end up giving birth to a toddler rather than a infant :)

I read in a write up the other day that you gain the most weight in the first part of the pregnancy and the gain slows down in the second half (I hope it's true lol) and if you have a small BMI then you tend to put on more weight to start with and slower the bigger the BMI.. with my twins I always craved and ate burgers and weight gain was slow but this time I'm more into home cooked meals, veges and fruit and I'm gaining fast.. as long as baby is happy and healthy I can sort of deal with it lol..

After this post I am off to go check the genders/team yellows on the first page just out of fun curiosity!

Christie-I would try not to worry too much about your weight with the tracker-I have been over as well-all woman's bodies are different in each pregnancy-the tracker cannot simply be right for every person ;)

I have gained about 14lbs almost-so not too far behind you! At work a nanny asked if I was expecting-and then a mother who already knew I was expecting told me I am definately showing so it's a good thing my boss announced my pregnancy and future employment plans Monday night! haha! I was excited that parents at my school are happy for me and that people notice my pregnancy-it makes me feel one step closer to meeting my baby boy!!

He did about 6 nice kicks for mommy last night, two of which dh could feel-he missed two, felt two, his hand was on my belly for another but it wasnt hard enough for him to feel. I love when my little one kicks around!!! So chatty this morning-hope all are well!!!

I told one person at work and told my boss I was taking at least 3 weeks off in May/June. Though I think people are starting to notice. I caught one guy taking a second glance at my belly. I work with mostly guys so I'm wondering if anyone will actually ask me or say anything.

I knew about 2 other guys whos wives were pregnant, but after telling one of them that I was joining their group, I found out 2 more guys are pregnant. There are going to be a lot of missing people at work in the next few months as we all start having out babies.

I have given up on worrying about weight during the PG. I know I am eating good and enough and that is all that matters. I have always been petite and thin and have always been on the borderline of underweight/normal BMI. I guess my PG self will be as well. I am still on the lower side for weight gain but within the normal limits that it says. I have gained a total of 9 pds so far. It is def all bump though. I don't seem to be gaining anywhere else.

Christie - There is a surge of babies at my work too! We had 2 babies born in Oct. One is due next week. Another girl is due in April and I am due in May.

We are off to do the registry today and celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary today! yeahhhhh!!

That's how my job is. There is one girl due middle of April. Then we just found out another one is due right around the same time as me. Just waiting to see who else is gonna pop up and join the group, lol. Me and the other girl due around the same time are both working on a big project team so not really sure what will happen when we are both gone. She most likely won't take 12 weeks like me though, only 6. I'm in for the long haul though! Gonna also try to find a job where I can work from home. Fxd that works out like how I want!

We know of a few other people who are having babies but they aren't in our department. So many little fingers and toes to be joining the world soon!

Found the stroller that I wanted in the store and ordered it online cheaper. Here's the one I got...should be here this week!

Attachments

• stroller.jpg
    stroller.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm jealous that people are seen you lady's look pregnant, I was out buying some cloths yesterday and when I explained to the shop lady I needed something that I will grow into see said I didn't even look pregnant and wouldn't have known, I hope it was due to what I was wearing.

As all my cloths are to small now my OH took me shopping and I don't see the point in spending lots as I'm not going to be in it for long but he had other ideas and spent twice as much as I would have but I did give in and try maternity jeans and OMG they are the most comfortable lot of jeans I have ever owned and worth ever penny + will fit the whole pregnancy. I do recommended them

Glad you had a good shopping trip Two! It seems we're all major maternity jeans fans!! Dunno how I'll ever go back to real jeans! I find how pregnant I look varies from day to day and definitely depends a lot on what I'm wearing...

NoDoubt - lovely buggy! Delighted you got a good deal!

Snowflakes - happy anniversary! Enjoy celebrating with dh! This time next year there'll be 3 of you!:D

So, I've got a new fun problem (not!) - stress incontinence :blush: Mostly happens when I cough, which I've been doing a lot of since myself and dh are both sick... New resolution - must be more religious about doing kegels EVERYday!!!

I, as I call it, piddled a little one day when I sneezed. Hubby thought it was funny, I was just pissed cause I was in bed ready to go to sleep and then had to get up and take care of that. Luckily I haven't experienced that since then, but I know that's not fun. Hopefully the kegels will help.

Two - I love my maternity jeans! Alos those yoga pants with the scrunchy waist bands - I cut the thread and unrolled it so it goes over my bump.

Happy aniversary Snow:)

I finished all of my shopping and am all ready for baby now ... well I am ready now, but want baby to come in another 4 months lol

Attachments

• 1 Name.jpg
    1 Name.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2 Nursery.jpg
    2 Nursery.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 3 Nursery.jpg
    3 Nursery.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 4 Nursery.jpg
    4 Nursery.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 5 Nursery.jpg
    5 Nursery.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 6
Love the nursery pics miss A. Can't wait til I can say I'm done with all the shopping. I still have a couple odds and ends to complete the nursery. I am however about to register next Saturday and start planning the shower! I just hope that it all goes well and I don't get too stressed with planning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->