Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I bought everything myself and am going to tell people they can bring diapers and/or a kids book to the small lunch I am having. I started planning a shower and it basicaly turned into a cirus, so now I am having two small lunches with close friends and family only.

Love love love the room MissA! Especially all the animal stuff! The two animals peeking out from behind the curtains are so cute! Where did you get the animal hooks? We went for animals too. Struggling to find a nice lampshade at the moment...

I need to start shopping again... Bought a few bits at the start but nothing since. Must start stocking up on things like vests, sheets, nappies etc

I bought the animal hooks at Hobby Lobby.
I shopped mostly sales and clearence for everything and if it wasn't on sale Amazon usually had the best price. I did find that those sleep and plays were something I needed a lot of. Especially the ones with the scratch protector sleeves, built in feet and zippers instead of snaps and they run about $20 each. I found a ton at the goodwill all in like new condition for $1 each. I know that's not for everyone, but I bought enough for the whole first year for $20, so I am super happy. I found my stroller and pack and play in the dented box section of babies r us. Also, I bought a snow suit, fleece sleep and plays and fleece sleep sacs all in size 9 month for next winter because they are all on clearence now at the department stores. That's all of my savings advice for now :) lol

Miss A well done on your lo's nursery! I LOVE the ceiling and the colors...well, everything actually-very cute!!!

Love the nursery MissA. Since I just had a shower for my son, I'm not going to have one for this LO. I thought I might just have a get together, introducing my son to those who have yet to met him and if people want to bring diapers or gift cards, then that would be all I'd really need. Since LO is also a boy, I'll have plenty of clothes to go around for him. And since he'll be a Summer baby he'll need less clothes. Probably mostly short sleeve onsies.

That's true - you wont have much to buy for this LO. I just bought most everything in gender neutral, so that I can use it if we have another child. You could do that thing where you have everyone bring a signed childrens book instead of a card to your get together. I saw that before and thought it was a cute idea.

I do need to start on my sons library. That would be a good idea to suggest too, for people who want to give something.

Ladies-I am SO excited-Just bought the Vera Bradley "Baby Bag" in the color Coral and it came with a matching changing pad and everything-this $100.00 baby bag I bought brand new at the paper store 75 percent off for only $26-had to share-made my day!! LOL!

MissA I love the baby room it is gorgeous..

Looks like everyone is enjoying baby shopping, I so cant wait to get out there and really go crazy with it..

Christie, just put this on the bottom of the invite:

Just one last request, and we hope it's not hard
Please bring baby a book in place of a card
By signing your book, we will remember and share
Your special gift, even when you're not there!

That is a cute rhyme missa!

And thanks getting-I felt so nauseas shopping, so I was SO happy to get a great bargain deal-I did not want to spend anymore than $50 so I def. exceeding my goal!!! 21 weeks tomorrow getting-so exciting!

And happy 21 weeks nodoubt-woohoo!!

Almost are you gonna post a pic of the bag? Sorry I just want to see everything baby, lol.

So here is the latest photo on our little MAN!!!!!! Yes I cracked about 4 min after walking out of there. I refused to close the car door and let hubby leave until he told me. Plus at one point I thought I saw something and just lied and told myself it was the umbilical cord, but I knew. And when she told me to look away I heard three keystrokes, this was her typing boy, and then her deleting it, lol. Yes I'm a spy, lol. But I'm so excited! I was so sure we were having a girl, but so excited to be having a boy!

Attachments

• 21 weeks.jpg
    21 weeks.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
Almost - I would like to see it too. Is it a designer diaper bag?

NoDoubt - congrats on a beautiful boy!! So exciting:)

Nodoubt-congrats on your baby boy you sneaky spy! haha

Haha you ladies are so funny! It just so happens I posted it the other night on my blog, so I have pics! Yes Vera Bradley is a big purse/wallet/tote bag designer but not too high end I don't think! This is a front view of the bag then the changing pad that goes with it-I thought it was pretty neat! I just couldn't stand the look of the boring diaper bags at babies r us and target-I wanted something that looked more like a purse haha.

Attachments

• Bump pics! 066.jpg
    Bump pics! 066.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2
  • Bump pics! 068.jpg
    Bump pics! 068.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2
Wait, what is v day again? The only one I know is valentines day, lol.

Ohmygod No Doubt! I can't believe you're adding yet ANOTHER boy to our list!!!! Congrats!! :D So funny that you gave in and made DH tell you, lol!!

Happy VDay Jess!!!! :dance:

(PS VDay = Viability Day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"