Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I'm actually feeling pretty good today. Bloating is continuing to decrease and no sign of ms yet. I'm sorta worried I don't have any symptoms. Monday cannot get here fast enough!

Christie2011 - I was the only family member to have morning/all day sickness in my last pregnancy, my mum, nan, sisters and cousins never had one little bit of it.. You maybe luck like that

So, we have only told the people that knew we were doing IVF about our BFP - ie - my in-laws, my mother and my best friend. So my MIL asks DH 'Do you mind if we tell everybody about the baby?' DH 'No, I don't mind'. :dohh: wth? So this was this morning and he just tells me about it and I have to be the bad guy and send her a text about how we would appreciate it if they wouldn't tell anyone until at least after the clinic releases me and says it is safe because I would hate for everybody to know about it in case something bad happened. What a lug head. I was like - don't you think you should have consulted me on that one if you weren't sure?

Is bitchy a pregnancy symptom? - if so, put me down for that one too.

Two - well, tomorrow night a few others are driving too cos we'll all have work on Friday so I'm hoping I don't stand out! At the engagement party I'll just plead exhaustion from the wedding the night before. The wedding will be the tricky one! I don't actually like wine so at least I won't have to be refusing that at the meal! For the rest of the evening I'm planning on just drinking Sprite or something and pretending it's something alcoholic? Will have to keep sneaking off to the bar by myself so no one will hear me order! And avoid the offers to go into a round with someone else or I'll be pouring drinks down the toilet!:haha: Thing is I didn't drink when we went out for a pre-back to school get-together in August either cos I wanted to be good before the ivf so chances are they've already got an eye on me!!! Might tell a few before the wedding to make it easier to cover up - not sure yet :shrug: What's your plan?!

MissA - you're not being bitchy just cautious! :hugs:

Christie - don't worry about lack of symptoms. Plenty of time yet for them to develop!!! I know exactly what you mean when you say the scan can't come soon enough though!!

Both my parents no and my sister but I want to wait to the scan to tell everyone as I dont think that I can wait to 12 weeks + I believe what will be will be and sometime support is good to and I dont think it will take many people to work it out with summer around the bend and me not drinking lol

Yeah, I agree - I think support is very important too. I'll have had my first scan by the time the wedding comes so we'll see - I definitely won't last til 12 weeks without telling more people!! (Although I won't be announcing it officially before 12 weeks - just letting a few more into the secret!!)

phantom - I get shaky too but it is always when I am hungry and haven't eaten for a while

Christie - No ms for me yet either. I'm kind of hoping I don't get it though.

Still bloated here. It is the worst a little while after I eat. I've also been having some different cramping last night and today off and on. It isn't like AF more like how it felt when the catheter went in for IUI/IVF so I guess maybe its just my uterus stretching. Just another thing to worry about when new stuff starts happening. We also scheduled my 1st ultrasound for next Thursday. I can't wait! I'm waiting until afterward to let some of my family know (other than our parents who already know) and won't tell everyone else until 12 weeks.

So far just my sister and brother-in-law know. I also want to wait until I'm mostly "out of the woods", I'm hoping I can last until Thanksgiving. Then we'll all have something to be thankful for. Only 7 more weeks to go! I haven't been too successful at hiding the not drinking part. My sister has already been asked on 2 occasions if I'm pregnant. She beats around the bush when answering, but we don't have any gatherings planned between now and Thanksgiving, so hopefully no more questions.

I did try to play off like I was drinking, but it apparently didn't work, so good luck! I had put some sparkling white grape juice in a pink plastic wine glass that I use, thinking people might think it's champagne.

Hi ladies sorry for lack of personals I am totally wiped out and fearful I may be catching strep from the kids at my work as it is going around but I have never had strep...throat is SUPER sore..ughhh

I do remember someone mentioned spotting-I am glad your doctor is not worried about it!

Also, how pooy of your husband to not check in with you first..but sounds like maybe he just did not relaize you didn't want anyone else knowning perhaps?

Also, can't take my prenatals today, opened a new bottle and they look funky like smi melted idk weird so I am not going to risk it, but took my folic acid. Also, my prenatals reak of rotten fish smell...so I go to take my one a day regular womans vits and i cant either...reeeks of fishiness too wt?!!!!!

Anywho, hope all are feeling a bit better now-and christie, i think you mentioned worrying about no symptoms and ms...i totally am in the same boat, but we are both preggers and just lucking out right now!! also a bit of nausea i am sure would help reasure us!

I think he was just excited and didn't think about it differently. He does that....lol
This morning my stomach was turning from the smell of the empty wine glass that DH left on the counter. I doubt that is something I would usually smell? Maybe that is like what happened with you and the smell of the vitamins??

I think so-super smell is a big symptom of fine for sure!!

Almost - Happy Sweet Pea Week!! I was going to say that about your vitamins too - are you sure it's them and not just your sense of smell gone funny?! Did you ask your dh to smell them?

MissA - Good luck at your scan today!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Raelynn - yay for having a scan date!!!

Afm, just woke up and voice is no better! Throat is beginning to get sore now too - probably from straining to talk... Gonna take some honey in hot water when I get up and see if that helps.

sunshine I did make him smell them he thinks they are not that bad, but they are horrid to me-I still wont take them as they look defective!! However, my new ones were shipped to me monday, so hoping to get them no later than tomorrow, good thing I at least have my folic acid!!

also, sorry your throat is still icky sunshine, mine feels much better today, but we will see how long that lasts! also, got my 6 week-3rd beta today, waiting for results-usually no word about my beta until 2:30/3:00

Hi ladies....just an update about me....I lost the baby last night and the doctor confirmed it for me this morning. None of us know the reasons why as from my first and only ultrasound everything was perfect. Im confused...shocked and heartbroken. Waiting to see what the doctor says about my bloodwork and when we will start again. Hugs and kisses to all the fabulous ladies on here.....I will catch up soon enough and let you know my next BFP. xoxoxo

Hi ladies....just an update about me....I lost the baby last night and the doctor confirmed it for me this morning. None of us know the reasons why as from my first and only ultrasound everything was perfect. Im confused...shocked and heartbroken. Waiting to see what the doctor says about my bloodwork and when we will start again. Hugs and kisses to all the fabulous ladies on here.....I will catch up soon enough and let you know my next BFP. xoxoxo

I am SOOOOO sorry to hear this. :cry:

I am so very sorry. Many hugs to you. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"