Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Nah, I'm just going to read up as much as I can online and get as much info as possible from the lady I know. Then practice, I'm pretty good at meditating. I assume its not much different.

No Doubt - I just turned 27 in Dec :)

Jess - so good to hear from you. Happy that you and lo are alright. Keep us posted!

Hypnobirth? I will have to check out you tube for sure.

Hey what are you guys all doing as far as carseats? I got the Britax Roundabout 55 as a gift, but it is a convertable car seat so you can't carry baby around in it at all. I was looking at the Chicco Keyfit 30 with a stroller base because it rated high as far as safety and it 15lbs, so wouldn't be too bad to carry around, but then I would need something else for after she is over 30lbs, right? So, should I return the convertible carseat for credit towards the keyfit (or something different?), or just keep it for later?

I would probably just keep it for later since you already have it and will need it in the future... We're getting the BeSafe Izi Go which gets fantastic safety ratings too... Can't remember exactly what weight it goes up to but it's an infant seat so we will need to get something else later too.

I went with this one for my son and will probably get the same for LO. One feature I like, and I don't know how many carseats are like this, but you can use it with or without the base. It makes it easier when I drop my son off at my sisters during the day to not have to take the base out of my car constantly.

The description doesn't mention anything about it being front facing, but it is. I know it says it's up to 35lbs rear facing. Right now I"m not sure if there is a different weight range for front facing.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3916142&searchURL=false

I would keep the convertible carseat, cause you will need it later regardless. I went with the chicco and got the travel system so it comes with the stroller, base and car seat.

Morning ladies! So I had to get up for a professional staff training day--all day conference almost an hour away-it was so not fun digging my car out of the snow at 7am in a snow storm and having to go to this conference-I felt so bad for the speaker too, because she was ready to pop-due april 2nd and very heavily pregnant! I am finally safely home, but exauhsted and just want to relax all day lol. At least the food was good! =) Hope all are well

and i see you are chatting about birthing courses...i am taking a breastfeeding course next month, and then a overall birthing class first week in May. They are a bit pricey-but it covers both mother and partner usually and insurance might cover some of the cost-my insurance is basically paying for my breastfeeding course and I get a free breast pump! Look into your benefits if you havent already ladies!

Cute bump, Christie!

So, today marks the first day of swollen feet . . . anyone else there with me?

Great bump Christie! I look huge compared to you I feel!!

No swelling yet walker.

Tomorrows the 1st of my showers! Super excited!

As for car seats we bought the Peg Perego SIP Primo Viaggio 30/30.

I also feel huge compared to you christie! And walker no swelling here hope your swelling doesn't get worse. Can't believe I am still awake I agreed to take dh out to drink w his friends I should have just stayed home ugh lol I t will be past 2am by the time we get home :(

Cute bump Christie!

No swelling yet walker. I hope that doesn't happen as it can be so uncomfortable. This girl at my job is 34 weeks and she ended up getting some slippers in different colors cause she can't fit her feet into any of she shoes. They look like moccasins so you can't really tell, but I felt so bad for her.

I got my results for the glucose test, it was 132. The range is under 130. But the doc didn't call about it so I'm assuming she's gonna let it go. I don't feel like doing that 3 hour test and she said she would call if something is out of wack so I'm assuming that's fine. She also did a whole work up of stuff...bloodwork I mean and I'm assuming all of that's good too.

Lately I've been feeling so full even when I don't eat much. I'm pretty sure Virtue had a growth spurt. My stomach had gotten a little bigger and harder and obviously it feels like there is less room in there. I'm not sure how he repositioned himself, but yesterday everytime he kicked I had sharp shooting pains coming out of my clit. A few of them hurt and made me stop in my tracks. That seems to have stopped now though so I'm assuming he moved again. Its now just back to the regular bladder kicks that make me feel like I have to pee, lol.

My right hand seems to swell a little when I"m driving, but other than that no real swelling to speak of yet.

HA! I always feel I look smaller in my bump pictures than I do in person. I feel I look huge when I look in a mirror.

I've been OK :) I've gone into labour several times and my stitch has gone now so I'm on strict bed rest and I'm waiting out another 4-5 weeks and then my induction process starts!! From 1st of april I'm gonna be trying out all the 'home remedies' for bringing on labour because if I don't go into labour naturally or by induction by 36/37 weeks at latest, I'll have to have a section! LO is doing very well, he's VERY big (he's already 4pound'ish, well he was on last scan, he's probably bigger now!!) but he's a healthy, happy boy who is keen to meet his parents!! We're just finishing off our nursery and getting the last few bits together and we're ready for him!!

I'm glad all you ladies are doing well. Enjoy your classes too! I've done them all last month and it was interesting.. I did learn a few things!!

Jess I'm so glad that lo is ok and you are hanging in there! So exciting that he is almost here for you two. How is your hubbs going with everything? I know it can be stressful, especially if he's worrying about you and the baby which I'm sure he is, lol. Sounds like your lo is growing nicely! He's gonna be a healthy boy!

I get full easily too! And rarely feel hungry. My glucose screening came back at 72 - woohoo!

Jess - delighted that all is going so well with your little man! Having had a little taste of "house rest" for the last 2 weeks I can't imagine that strict bed rest is easy (or fun!) How are you coping?

Almost - we get 2 antenatal classes for free under the public health system. The bf class (if I ever get around to signing up!) will also be free under the same scheme. Don't think I'm covered for a pump with my insurance but it's worth looking into :thumbup:

Went to a show with my brother last night. It was great fun but I found it so uncomfortable to be sitting upright in the seat for 2 hours!

Thats great that your classes are free broody!

I didn't get my glucose number I was just told all was well...hmm!

AFM never stuffed I have such a big appetite lately and am gaining very fast now...I feel like a pig!!! I think I need to slow down and start eating healthier choices too!

My husband (and I?) took on a big project this weekend after getting the kitchen ceiling repaired: painting the ceiling and walls, and painting the cabinets white!! I'm helping here and there (did a little priming of the cabinets), but I don't want to spend a lot of time in the fumes and crawling around painting cabinets. I think this is reasonable in my third trimester! But I feel like my husband is bitter because of all the work he has to do alone. He says he isn't, but I feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->