Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I took the flu shot back in January I do believe, I handled it fine. First time in my life to take it, but apparently one of my friends died a few months ago due to a blood infection he got from getting the flu. So I went ahead and got it.

I got the flu shot at the start of Jan even though I never usually do... I was pretty sick with a head cold etc the following week - not sure if that was as a result of the shot or if it was just a coincidence :shrug:

Ugh! My bump seems to be really getting in my way lately. It's starting to feel really heavy and LARGE. I can't imagine it getting even more heavier and bigger for 2 more months! I'm moaning and groaning getting in and out of my car, sitting down on the couch, and don't even get me started with getting off the floor after playing with my son.

Yesterday parking at work was non existent so I had to park at least a mile away and walk both to and from, because of course the bus wasn't running on my schedule. Today my lady parts are sore from that. I'm just hoping all that walking didn't give LO any bright ideas about starting to make his entrance.

Christie, I know what you mean. I feel like I just keep exploding more and more every couple of days. We have a chase lounge and it's the big overstuffed furniture so I pretty much melt into that every evening and getting off that takes a lot of effort. I'm about to stop sitting on it. My belly's been feeling heavy for about a week now and walking regardless of the distance seems to be a bit of a pain. I'm sure your lo is in there nice and snug though. When you get close you'll probably be walking everywhere you can to get him to make his entrance, lol. I plan on it!

I woke up this morning and my belly was lopsided, lol. Virtue's butt was sticking out the right side and it was hard. Lol, I thought it was so cute. I actually got a little engrossed in it and just kept staring at my belly cause of the odd shape it had. He's definitely growing in there!

Anyone else also feeling a lot of pushing down by your LO? Either Leo is looking for more space, or he's just fed up with not having any. I'm glad I have a desk job. Not sure I could be on my feet much anymore.

Mr. Isaac received a new quilt in the mail from his crafty cousin! :D I still plan on making him a little blanket as well, or maybe one for when he is big enough that he can use it forever and save the ones his other family made for his future kids!:thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_5770.jpg
    IMG_5770.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1
Hey, y'all - the flu shot can't make you sick. If you get sick after getting it, it was already in your system.

In fact, there was a study done in Denmark this year. Pregnant women who ran a fever had twice the chance of having a child diagnosed with autism by age three. Women who had a fever for a week or more had THREE times the chance!

So, I'm not taking any risks. Got mine months ago, and I'd encourage you to do the same! It's perfectly safe - just don't get the nasal spray and make sure your shot is thimerosal-free (thimerosal is the mercury-based preservative, which adds just a very minute amount of mercury to the shot).

I have the downward pressure. It seems to be more so after I've been sitting for a while. I sometimes feel it when he shifts.

Girls - Do you think I should be worried - Baby boy has barely moved/kicked today. I will admit I have been busy at work but usually I still feel him. I've been getting some good and hard kicks pretty frequently this past week. Today is the 1st day in a while that he's been pretty quiet. Do you think I should I call Dr or wait til I get home and drink something cold and lay down 1st?

I'd try drinking something cold and or sugary and laying down. Maybe do some poking at your LO and or nudging. My LO has some really lazy days, so that may just be the case.

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes, actually just the other morning and after I'd had a nice meal he was up and ready to go. Try the sugary something and see if that helps.

Can I just say that having a cold while pregnant is miserable! I'm all congested and I'm so afraid to take anything that might put baby at risk. I had hubby go out and get me vaporub and a saline nasal spray to get me through for now but I just want to be able to breathe!

Raelynn hope you feel better soon.

My lo is the same, he has lazy days and some very active days, my midwife said as long as there is 12 movements in 12 hours then it's normal. Orange juice don't seem to get him moving put a big icey glass of water or a cold soda always works

sno-I have been worrying the past two days-I did feel him move yesterday, but not as much as usual and today has been even less. I am about to have some cold water and see what happens! He did move when I talked to him last night-so maybe start talking to your lo!

I think LO bruised my ribs while I was sleeping, the front left upper side of my rib cage feels super sore :/

I think LO bruised my ribs while I was sleeping, the front left upper side of my rib cage feels super sore :/

Last week, I swore I was going to wake up with bruises on my belly from LO stretching so much. I had a severe pinching in one area and he wouldn't move until I finally laid down for the night. But yeah my LO likes to push on my ribs and always the same spot. He must be too big to move already.

We just could not get comfortable last night. My son had went to bed and I was trying to get some relaxation time in, but sitting was just so uncomfortable. Laying down seems to be the only comfortable position for me right now, or reclining. Except when I lay on my right side, my hips get numb and sore, doesn't happen when I lay on my right side.

Well, I woke up at 4am to baby boy having a little late night party for himself! I was so relieved. He seems a bit busier already this AM.

Rae - I was sick last month. Breathe right strips and the humidifier helped me greatly. Feel better soon!

I booked Maternity Photos!! I go on April 14th - it's my birthday too!! I can't wait!!

Ooh maternity photos, I was just thinking about those this morning. The lady that did our wedding photos was so good and I was hoping she'd do out maternity photos. Still want to wait till I'm a little bigger yet so maybe towards the end of next month.

Is anyone gonna do a belly cast? I was gonna do one and am still thinking I might, again when I'm bigger. I googled pictures of them and people have gotten really creative in decorating them. I know it'll just get stored somewhere, but how cool would it be to whip it our one day and show my son, here's what you looked like from my point of view for a while, lol. I think that would be great.

Thanks snow! I've been keeping the humidifier with me religiously and I use the breathe right strips at night already since pregnancy has made me snore and it keeps hubby up. Breathe Right strips help with that issue too :) I'm feeling slightly better today but vaporub and saline nasal spray just are not as good as cold meds. I'd never forgive myself if something did happen to our little one because of it though so I'm staying away and will continue to suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->