Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

getting-so glad fia is continuing to do well and increasing her feedings-yay!

Happy St. Patricks day to those who celebrate!

No Doubt - all going well we might get to bring her home at 36 or 37 weeks. Hopefully it will fly by!

So for those of you planning on having baby start out in your room, what bassinet/co-sleeper are you getting? I can't decide!

I can't even remember the name of the bassinet I put on the registry, I will have to post a pic of it. I did put the pack and play on there though which also can be used as the bassinet. That's what I prefer, but just in case I put a bassinet on there too. I figured kill two birds with one stone. I'll have to remember the brand.

Eeekkk! Virtue is finally a squash!

I plan on getting a bassinet. Probably the one I put on my son's registry that I never got. Though I don't remember which one it was. I just know I wanted it to vibrate and I want to be able to rock it.

Between this weekend and this morning, I can feel my energy level going way down. It's taking a lot more effort to do things lately. I'm beginning to seriously consider taking the elevator at work, rather than the 3 flights of stairs. Between both my two little guys, I"m carrying around a lot of extra weight. My sister joke with me that I'll have super strength by the time Leo comes out. Between carrying around my son in (or out of) his carseat, who has got to be pushing 20lbs now, and the extra nearly 30lbs Leo has me carrying around!

YAY for cuddles broody! I can't wait til I can get some with my little man, who will likely not be so little with the amount of weight he has me gaining ;).

I put the safety 1st nod-a-way bassinet on the registry and the graco day2night sleep system. I'd prefer the sleep system.

Christie - I too am feeling like energy has plummeted this past week or so. I am sure the lack of sleep I've been getting for the past 2 months isn't helping either. But I've been feeling it esp this past weekend. I find it harder to do my shopping and going up and down the stairs at our house. I am out of breathe more often too. So because this is happening, I am starting to freak out about all the little things I want to do around the house still like re-organize the pantry and under the bathroom sinks. Make sure the bedrooms are dusted thoroughly etc....

Raelynn - I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Silhouette-Pack-Playard-Carlisle/dp/B004IEBOX6

We had our corned beef and cabbage last night for St. Patty's day!! Yummm-o!!

Love the newest Fia pic!! I can see how little she is with your hand!

I'm at 30 weeks today . . . and it's the week of my 30th birthday! What are the odds, huh? :)

Happy 30 weeks walker!

Not sure if I am using a bassinet or not

sno-I also feel like my energy plummeted....my prenatal apt. is tomorrow I will ask them about it. I feel like I am getting too much iron and it is making me feel super spacey so perhaps I can take the suppliment at night before bed instead of in the day time....

and great news...my mortgage is approved...so we officially have a house-just have to wait until next month to close...soooo excited and releived. Now to sell our condo!

Almost, yay for your mortgage! Congrats on the house! Here's to hoping the condo sells fast!

I'm pretty sure my energy has plummeted because I haven't been sleeping at night. But I'm getting so uncomfortable. It seems like everything I eat just sits in my throat which gives me indegestion at night. It's not heartburn or anything, just won't digest. My back hurts on one side, my hip/groin area hurts on the other side. I feel like my belly has gotten huge and heavy. Virtue is putting up some hard kicks into my right rib that gives me pause, and I'm pretty sure that I'm having some crampy type braxton hicks which also gives me pause. Ok, I just needed to complain that out a bit. But is anyone else feeling this way. I'm really getting to a point where I'm ready for him to hurry it along. I of course want him there as long as necessary, but I just want to fast forward a bit.

hehe nodoubt-I feel the same way-back ache side ache in my belly, everywhere!!!! But hey, we are all in 3rd tri and more than aloud to complain and be ready to meet our babies!!! Although-I am SO busy with the move next month, I will be happy waiting for babies arrival for week 40....I need time to settle in the new home AND I need the money to work work work up to my last day possible!!

Ugh! Just found out my glucose levels came back elevated so now I have to go in for the 3 hour test. Really not looking forward to having to fast half the day and 3 hours in the waiting room again. The 1 hour was boring enough. Pretty bummed right now.

rae so sorry to hear-no fun-but lets hope it was just a fluke thing-good luck!!!

Complain away I say. It feels like that is all I do at the moment lol

Anyone else feel like there groin has been punched? I'm told it's normal but shit it hurts and feels all swollen and every time lo moves his head low I get a horrid shooting pain in my lower back.
My OH keeps say he was told pregnancy is a beautiful thing and even he is trying to find the beauty. Lol I still love every moment of it though.

:/ how is everyone's belly's doing?
Mines in quite the state, the more my LO grows the more my stretch marks increase :/, the ones on the underside of my tummy are almost as high as my bellybutton. I'm not even that big, I've used oils and 32 fl onces of lotion on my stomach and it seemed fine till about 4 weeks ago I just started stretching at a crazy rate. Hmph, I really thought I was going to luck out. Oh and LO keeps wanting to lay transverse or more on one side than the other. Silly boy just can't make up his mind.

Natalie - I've got stretch marks too. Not much you can do about it. I've been told you're either genetically predisposed to get them or not. Mine are all below my belly button as well. I'm sure they'll fade in time.

Walker - Happy 30 weeks and happy birthday!!! :cake:

Almost - yay for mortgage approval!!! :dance: (by the way, I always take my iron supplement at night...)

Rae - sorry your glucose level was up. Good luck with the long test...:flower:

Afm, had Fia out again today for more kangaroo care. Basically it just means you tuck them up under your top so that they're lying skin-to-skin on your chest and it's been shown to give them a huge boost in all areas (breathing, heart rate, quicker all round recovery etc) All her wires and tubes must come with her so taking her out is a bit of a job but once she's out it's fab! They have to stay in kangaroo care for at least an hour because the move from the incubator is so stimulating that they need another hour to totally relax before moving back (anything stimulating burns calories which we want to avoid as much as possible...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->