Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Apples, bananas and oranges are good. They're in my GD diet plan. Others like berries and grapes have to be limited because they have a lot of natural sugar in them and can skyrocket my blood sugar. You can definitely still have carbs even if you're trying to watch your sugar levels, especially when you're pregnant. Otherwise you go into ketosis and start losing weight (think Atkins diet) you just pair carbs with proteins. For non meat proteins you can use nuts, cheese, beans, and tofu. I even count greek yogurt as a protein depending on what kind it is. Light and fit greek has almost no carbs and a ton of protein.

I'm the same way with the fresh stuff. I hate having to shop all the time. I get a lot of those fast frozen steamable vegetable bags and just heat one up with a meal and then usually just get enough salad stuff to get me through a week since I like to eat one for lunch with my sandwich. I eat a lot of cheese too :)

I'm thinking with the warmer weather I may like to have some pasta salad using whole grain noodles or something. Picnic type foods are sounding delicious to me right now.

Packing my hospital bag...
I packed a robe, slippers and some throw away underwear and pads - clothes and toiletries for me and dh - change for the vending machines - a few outfits for baby (2 newborn and 1 0-3 just in case) one swaddle blanket - a couple of books. Lanohlin and some nursing pads.... I feel like I am forgetting something though??

Miss A, what about music if you would like to listen, medications or a list of medications at least, chapstick, camera, camera charger, cell phone charger, something to use as a focal point, maybe your own towel, socks, birth plan, headband or pony tail holder, extra pillow.

Oh yeah - extra pillow! Phone charger will have to wait, but those are great suggestions nodoubt! Thanks a lot:)

Anyone else get period pains low in the pubic bone area? Its horrid

I had them one day last week Two. Not to pleasant but it let up eventually. I've been having lots of different pressure down low lately. I'm sure it's because baby is settling in lower now.

I haven't had anything to bad, but I get some light cramping down low.

Well I stocked up on veggies yesterday and other, what I hope are, good for me foods. Now I just need to figure out what to do with it all. I started this morning by making a cucumber and tomato salad. Next maybe a coleslaw. But I'm using plain greek yogurt instead of mayo.

I don't know if I can pack a bag yet. I feel like I need everything I'd pack, except of course clothes for baby. I should at least make a list though. I'll have time to pack while I'm waiting for my sister to come over to watch my son. Or so that's my plan anyway. Leo might have a different plan.

I had af pains last week when I was walking around babies r us for an hour. Thought I was doing too much, but I agree, I think all the different pressures are from the little munchkins heading south. I always feel some kind of pressure down there these days and I've never had to pee so much or so often in my life.

I feel the same way Christie about my hospital bag. I need a god bit of what I will pack, but I'm packing it this weekend no matter what. So I'm going to get travel size items for the toiletries. I don't want to pack last minute ad I don't think I'll be able to handle the pain and packing and hubbs is horrible at it and will just throw anything in the bag and I won't have all that I need, lol. I'd rather just breath through it until the time comes then grab my stuff and go.

two-yes I had cramping there and all over my belly-had to have a nonstress test to rule out contractions as a possibility! It must just be growing and stretching pains for the all over aches and cramps and then the pelvis could be that lightening crotch pains you hear about toward the end of third tri!

hope all are well <3

Nodoubt - I just bought travel sized toiletries. I heard you should pack the underpants you wouldn't care about throwing away, so I did that. My friend said that her smaller pants fit her when she lest the hospital, so I pack my 'big pant' that became too small for really big me...lol

I bought this thing and it helps for when I am going to be on my feet for a while for shopping or something

https://www.amazon.com/Prenatal-Cra...qid=1366463675&sr=8-9&keywords=maternity+belt

I wad going to do the travel size items as well. I was in wal mart today though and saw little travel size bottles. So I'll just put my items into those travel size kits...just enough for a few days though. I heard the same thing about underwear so I'll pack those seeing how I never wear them anyway unless I'm down to my last few. Anyone hear to pack maternity underwear? I didn't even buy any to be honest for pregnancy and I don't plan on buying them for the hospital stay.

Vacuuming right now, then to start on my overnight bag, then to pick up my girls from the groomer. Then to relax when I get home. Thank goodness I did everything I needed to today so I fan have a full day to relax tomorrow.

And I don't think my feet are swollen today so could have been me being preggo mixed with the fact that it was a bit warm the other day.

Yes it does. I'm getting excited too! I remember thinking how when my coworker had her baby I'll be just 7 weeks behind her...this like a million years ago, lol. But how its here and this past week had flown by. Only 6 more weeks to go! But if my munchkin is nice to me, he won't make me wait that long.

I started my bag. I have socks, for when I'm trolling around the hospital trying to hasten labor, comfy pants, lanolin, and nursing pads so far. I also went shopping today and bought a few possible coming home outfits for LO. I bought my older son matching outfits, can't wait for pictures. I'm excited they will be so close in age that I can shop the same section for them.

BTW lanolin is buy one get one 50% off at babies r us right now. Actually it's buy one Lansinoh accessory and get the second 50% off, so includes milk bags and nursing pads. Picked up Leo's bassinet finally too.

I think my swelling has gone down today too. Not sure if its from the walking at the mall or because it's cooler or what. I've actually heard conflicting things about walking reducing or adding to swelling. :shrug:

Either way glad the swelling has gone down a bit. My feet aren't swollen either, so I really think it was from the fact that it was 82 degrees that day and today it's only around 50.

I got my bag done, for the most part. Just need to throw my bobby in there when the time comes as I'm obviously still using it. The only other things are my makeup bag and breast pads. I even threw some clothes in for hubbs. He really doesn't need anything other than his phone as he looks at sports articles and what not. I do need to tell him to throw a pack of Uno cards in there though. I threw in a couple pairs of linen pants in case it's cold, a couple pairs of Nike short...thank you elastic waistband...obviously some tops, and a lose fitting halter dress to wear home. Plus a throw on kind of thing to wear while walking, laying in bed at night, etc. Luckily my mil sent me some socks that have those bud things on the bottom to help with traction so I packed those too. I got all my toiletries in there plus the camera with charger, Nook with charger, and I'll obviously grab my phone that day. Oh and I got the a few different outfits for Virtue, a few receiving blankets, couple pairs of socks, and a hat for him. Anything else I need to think of? We'll pack snacks as it gets closer.

I've attempted to do a bump pic every 4 weeks. Here is a compare between 30 and 34 weeks. I can def see the weight gain :blush:

Attachments

• 30-34 week compare.jpg
    30-34 week compare.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 4
No Doubt - I love those socks! I call them my grippy socks and plan on packing them too instead of slippers since I'd probably never wear them.

I'm packing a robe so I can just throw that on when people are visiting, flip flops for the shower, coins for the vending machines, nursing bra, chapstick. I'm also thinking about getting a pack of depends since I hear they're good for afterwards since you don't have to worry about leaks and you can just toss them. I'm hoping to pack my bag up tomorrow since I must have hit the nesting stage and have been cleaning all day today.

Christie-your bump looks fab!

So yesterday I finally came to the realization that I indeed have a stretchmark on my left side!!! For days and days I thought it was indetation from my pants or something but OH NO a big pink stretchmark-so sad =( lol. I have a couple by my belly button too-so I really shouldnt complain as it could be worse-just hoping I don['t get any more "mommy marks" as I like to call them.

nodoubt and rae-I also love those socks-I am going to pack my lucky ones from my successful IVF-they are teal with paw prints...hmmm I wonder if they knew I was having a boy? hehe.

The big move into the house is today. We have the truck, and now all the guys are making there way over shortly to load ALL of our furniture. Hopefully we will only need one trip. We still cant put furniture in our living room because of the floors being refinished-the workers said to give it 4 days before going on it-so we are being safe than sorry and waiting until monday or tuesday for that. Baby's room is already done and once I am finally settled in in the next couple weeks I will share my nursery in photos! =)

Wow I am quite the chatter box this morning-hope all are well =)

Christie I think your bump is beautiful!

Rae I hadn't heard about the depends, but I will have to look into that, especially for sleeping at night.

Almost, I can't believe you're gonna make us wait, lol. I want to see!

I took a pic of myself and my belly seems to have dropped considerably, even my mil said so. So I guess it's only a matter of time now. Still of course hoping my little man doesn't come too soon, but sooner than 40 weeks. At least my bag is packed.

I've read somewhere that the average delivery date for first time mommies is 41.5 weeks. And not that I"m wishing that on any of you girls, but I sure hope I"m not on the high end of the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->