Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I forgot to write earlier:

Holy crapload of Braxton Hicks lately. I had a ton yesterday and again today. Anyone else??!! So excited for Monday's appt to see if anything going on yet!!

Christie - I was a bit crampy last night but feel asleep on the couch so I don't know how long they lasted but don't think I've had any actual contractions yet...

Nothing for me yet, at least I don't think. I've been having more of those af type feelings though and today my back was hurting at the same time I would have them. Then it would stop when they stopped. I don't know what's going on with that.

Are anyone's boobs leaking?

Thanks girls! Fia got to try bf-ing for the first time today! She did very well for her first go (although I'm not sure she actually got much milk!) She needs to learn to coordinate breathing and sucking at the same time which is a lot of hard work - she was exhausted after just a few minutes!

NoDoubt - mine are! It's a nuisance!!!

No leaking here.

I've been having A LOT of BH today though. They are so tiring after a while.

I have been getting even more than I would normally and last night I was having them every five min. Do you feel like a flush around your chest area and head when you get them? Like a flush but without the heat.

Bloody your lo is super gorgeous and it's great she is doing so well.

I get a squeezing in my chest making it even harder to take a good breath, which is why they are making me so tired. I told LO that he has to stay put until at least next Friday, so I hope he's just getting ready and not planning any surprises.

This week would not be a good week anyway. My grandfather is in hospice care right now and we've just been told he may have only hours. Him coming right now would just be too much for my family. I just hope all that isn't causing me to stress and cause early labor. My grandfather and I share a birthday and I was his first grandchild.

Whew. And my dad just informed me that today was his and my grandmother's anniversary. She died from cancer 12 years ago....

OMG! Not only was last night constant with the BH, but this morning I'm an achy mess. They are making me nauseous and gave me diarrhea (sorry for TMI). My sister told me she did actually throw up with her first and if I wasn't at work right now I would too. She also tells me this is going to be about the norm from here on out. I also feel like last night's dinner hasn't digested at all. Just trying to get as much water down as I can today to rule out dehydration. But I get all flu like symptoms when a BH comes on.

My belly and back are sore. I wish I had someone to give me a belly rub.

Gosh Christie, you're really going through it right now. I'm sorry that all of this is happening to you right, but at least Leo is hanging in there for you, when if he is kind if causing you a little discomfort.

Christie - So sorry about your Grandpa in Hospice. I will keep your family in my thoughts. Yup, I had even more BH last night too. I sometimes get nauseous from them too. They suck but I guess it's just our bodies practicing!!! My legs are achy today so much that this AM I put Tylenol in the purse thinking I'm going to need it today. But have attributed it to the weather - I sometimes get achy legs from weather and it's gloomy here today. I also woke up at like 4 with a lovely leg cramp. Oh well. It's been a busy week at work and we had a busy weekend so I am totally taking it easy tonight and relaxing to the max.

No consistent leaking. I had seen a little something on my bras once or twice but not much other than that.

So I talked with this lady at my job, a couple really, but this one in particular has had four children and she used to teach lamaze. I told her about the af type cramping I've been having and she said those are braxton hicks as well. I told her that they used to happen across the top of my belly and she said they move down as you get closer to actual labor. She said the af type cramping are braxton hicks preparing for dilating and effacing. So even though it sucks as I've enjoyed af cramp free months for a while now, I'm excited to have them as it means labor is coming...maybe not soon, but soon enough!

Last night I had a wonderful dream that I had given birth and my son was here. People had come to visit and I was holding him and rocking him and walking all over the room with him. Pure bliss! I was saddened when I had to wake from that dream. I tried to get back but couldn't unfortunately.

Just had my appointment today and will be seeing a lot more of them in the next month. My schedule has never looked so crazy! Because I have GD, they're going to be monitoring me like mad the last 4 weeks. They're also watching for preeclampsia now since I'm at higher risk with GD. Oh the joys of this diagnosis. All good so far though, they're just keeping an eye out for it.

The one good thing is I'll be seeing baby plenty starting at 36 weeks. I'll be getting my growth ultrasound at 36 weeks plus 2 biophysical scans a week to monitor baby's movements, breathing motions, and fluid levels. She's been moving around a ton today, I guess to reassure me all is still well in there. My doctor also said that if I start getting any contractions to let them happen since they won't do anything to stop labor at this point. I can't believe how close it is getting! Pretty soon our little ones will be here.

Rae, wow that's a lot that going to be going on over the next few weeks. I'll only get another scan if they cannot tell which position LO is in.

Feeling much better so far this morning. I ended up not being able to eat anything yesterday. I just tried to sip on as much water as possible. I think my issue was either dehydration or something I ate. I do not recommend getting dehydrated ladies, it's no fun, so drink up! I also went to bed super early. It wasn't a very restful sleep, but I'm hoping somewhere in there I got enough sleep to get me through the day.

Tar glad they're looking at you closely. Exciting to be able to see your lo so much and hopefully that will make the time fly by for you til she gets here.

Christie glad you are feeling better today and got a little rest last night. Maybe tonight you'll sleep better.

AFM I slept ok last night but kept having to go pee and my might was filled with all kinds of bh contractions, from the top of belly to all over my belly then back to af type cramping. That actually started to hurt a bit and I woke hubbs up and told him my belly was achey and crampy. He rubbed it. It didn't help, but it was nice that he tried.

My nose had been running like crazy but they said this would happen. Plus I've been sleeping with the window open cause I just can't sleep when it gets all stuffy inside. Sorry for my whining just not a great night.

Ok, so now I'm not sure what was up yesterday. My sister has it today though. I think I definitely need to focus on smaller meals when I eat. I started to feel a little crappy again (mostly just out of breath) after I had oatmeal this morning. I feel so weak today, but guess it's because I didn't eat anything yesterday.

I feel ya No Doubt with the BH contractions at night. Yesterday every time I moved I got a painful contraction, starting in the back and coming around to the front. Whenever I went to switch sides, rolling from one side to the other would trigger a contraction. I was sure I wasn't getting any sleep last night, but they eventually stopped, thank goodness. He's got one more week before he make his arrival.

I just learned my grandpa passed away a few hours ago. I'm just trying to take solace in that he's not suffering anymore. He was tired of being sick, now he can lay in rest with my grandma.

So sorry to hear that your Grandpa has passed. He is Leo's angel now. Sorry your not feeling well these days. Really hope it goes away soon! I'm still getting lots of BH this week!!

Rae - Sorry about constant appts but it is for the good for both you and baby!!

:happydance: Yeahhhhh today is 35/35!! 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days to go!!! Happy 35/35 me and Almost!!! :happydance:

Christie - So sorry for your loss! We're going through the same thing with my grandfather right now. It is so hard. He has cancer and is in a lot of pain but of course we still want him around for a while. Yours has found peace and like snowflake said, he's looking down on your little ones now.

I haven't been having much luck sleeping through the night lately either. I toss and turn a lot trying to get comfortable. Apparently I also snore now which isn't helping hubby sleep either. Anyone else been congested lately? Just one more little annoyance to deal with.

Rae - try breath right nose strips. They halp with the snoring and will help you sleep better. They are def. not sexy tho...lol

Sorry for your loss christie (hugs)

Ok, so surprise shower at work today. Got a bunch of cute items for my munchkin and a nice gift card along with it to babies r us. I kind of had an idea it was going to happen, but just acted like I didn't know. But it was really nice and the cake was yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->