Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

MissA - I've been using the breathe right strips at night but hubby says it doesn't help much with the snoring. It helps me breathe better at night though. I think some of it may be that I still have lingering congestion from the bad cold I had. It just isn't clearing up on its own - definite downside of not being able to take any medicine. Hopefully it will all go back to normal after delivery.

I have not been having a lot of luck with doctors lately. We were waiting to hear back from a pediatrician if we could meet with them to compare to the one we already saw. They finally got back to us today after 3 days of waiting. I had pretty much given up. Now I'm waiting to hear back from my GD doc who seems to never return messages :(

That sucks - I know I buy them for my husband and he likes them. I'm not sure if I snor or not? I think dh is too deep a sleeper to notice lol

Has anyone else had a decrease in appetite? I havn't gained any weight in over a month and have been having a hard time eating enough in the evening. If I eat breakfast and lunch I am full for the rest of the day. Also, I have been feeling really uncomfortable in the evening. My tummy feel tight and uncomfy and baby will stretch her legs up into my ribs.

MissA my appetite has definitely decreased, has nearly disappeared all together. I'm pretty sure I've lost weight in the past few days, but that could be from being so sick a few days ago. I couldn't eat anything Wednesday. Dinner from the night before was just sitting in my stomach, until I TU 24 afterwards. Then breakfast yesterday just sat all day. I finally had a roll with some butter just before bed.

Today I'm eating more because I know I have to rather than because I"m hungry. And I'm trying tiny tiny amounts in the hopes that I don't get that food just sitting there feeling. Also if I eat to much, breathing gets more difficult. There just doesn't seem to be any more room in there anymore with baby taking up so much space.

At least I'm not the only one. I feel better now - well not 'better', but better about it..lol My baby has not dropped yet. I wonder whne that is going to happen? I have two fibroids on top of my uterus that are not helping things either.

Happy 35/35 to you ladies that are there!

I'm always hungry in the morning, but never in the evening. I just eat dinner cause I know I should. If I don't Virtue puts up a fit and I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like my stomach is attacking the rest of my insides.

MissA did they say anything about your fibroids affecting the pregnancy or possibly delivery? I have one on the right outside of my uterus that's been growing with the pregnancy and they said it could get in the way and block the birth canal which means a cs. The last doctor didn't think it was in the way at all, but the rest said maybe and to monitor it.

Im hungry all day and cant stop eating:blush: but if find I dont eat a whole meal but still eating way to much and not looking forward to getting my weight checked next week.

My lo has been engaging and disengaging and it is so freaken painful. The worst cramps when he moves his head and shooting pain in my back and groin. It cripples me to the ground sometimes and makes me cry... I wish he would just nest in there and stay put.

I can't even distinguish between what's what sometimes anymore. Is it a bh, it is him shifting downward, do I just have to pee really bad. It hurts all day long and walking has turned into more of a spread your legs as far apart as possible and waddle your butt to minimize the discomfort/pain, lol. But I just keep pushing through. People keep asking when my last day is and I just say the day before he gets here. Still going all the way so I can stay home with my munchkin longer. Hopefully I'll make it the whole way.

I never know when I'm hungry anymore since I'm on a food schedule for GD. I pretty much eat every 2-3 hours and always feel full. Tonight I feel extra uncomfortable after dinner but I think baby just had another growth spurt too since my tummy was itchy yesterday and feels stretched out today.

I'm doing the same thing as you, No Doubt. Working up until as close as I can so I save all my off time for afterward. I'm getting more and more ready as the days go by. Days seem to be fine but at night I can't seem to get comfortable anymore.

Dinner is still with me this morning. All I had was an Amy's frozen meal. Apparently I should try only eating half next time. Trying some cinnamon and apple tea to help digest it.

I'm now going with 4 weeks "and change" as how much longer I have but really hope it's only 3 weeks and change.

Nodoubt - they said that they shouldn't because they are on the top of my uterus, so shouldn't get in the way. It just sucks because they grew with pregnancy and push up into my lungs.

Night time is the worst for me - I really don't what baby is doing in there half the time - but it really does hurt sometimes.

Some of my friends are throwing me a diaper party today :)

The 36 week mark is coming up for us and I know a few of us are thinking about trying some old wives tales to encourage LO arrival sooner rather than later. I found this link so thought I'd share. Anyone going to try galloping?

https://www.hisboyscanswim.com/2498/29-ways-to-induce-labor-at-home-naturally

I'm gonna attempt to jump my hubbies bones more often, but let's face it who feels like doing that right now, lol. I am gonna up my walking though, especially now that it's nice out and Knubia enjoys her walks. We got out on the strip for about an hour or so. Also gonna start squatting on the exercise ball.

Well spent last night in maternity because of sever pain on left side of back, was just about to head out for tea when it happened so had a lay down and it when away but when I got back up the pain came back so they wanted to rule of any type of infection, food poisoning and even listera as I started been sick with loose bowel motion (sorry tmi) but its am mystery and know one knows what it is, am home and still getting so will wait to see my specalist on tuesday. Got baby monitored and had to keep it on for two hours as he would not have a rest period and keep going but finally went to sleep so we could both rest - little active guy.. he is head down and locked in and waiting to arrive. He was sucking his thumb on the scan and me and oh just cant believe how a head and a arm is fitting between the legs, its just amazing.

I hope when I stop pergesterone at 36 weeks that will bring labour on.. not to much longer yay

I'm pretty sure walking is going to help me. I have what feels like constant BH when I go for a walk. So even if it doesn't bring on labor, I heard lots of walking will help to shorten labor by priming your body and 'ripening' your cervix so it dilates quicker.

I also don't have a birthing ball, but do have a rocking chair and read you can use the rocking motion and sitting tall to get the same effect. Also squats and lunges.

Though I would like to try the different foods suggested, not sure if eating much will be an option any time soon.

Two, hope you feel better soon hun. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer for your munchkin...it doesn't sound like you will!

Last night I was sitting on the chase and kept having the worst pains in my vaginal area. I just keep telling myself that all of this is good and means Virtue is preparing to make his debut. It sucks though, and so does walking anywhere as there's always this nagging pain that doesn't end. All in the name of motherhood.

Two - Glad you are home and resting now. Make sure to drink lots of extra water so you don't become dehydrated from the diarrhea.

I do plan on trying to help speed things along once I get to full term. But until then I am am not messing with LO - he still needs more time to cook!!

We did the Birthing Class all day yesterday - it was from 9-4! Learned a good bit but I took it more for hubby to know learn more. The relaxing techniques and breathing was the most helpful for me personally.

Appt. tomorrow. So excited for the Strep B test- NOT!! I am however excited for them to check to see if I am dilated or effaced at all - which I am assuming most likely not at all! It's still too early!

We went and purchased the rest of the items we needed from the Buy Buy Baby registry. So I feel good about that at least. I called Target and asked where my completion coupon was and they told me to wait another week. It better come this week or I'm gonna be pissed. I need to get some stuff from there and they are holding me up and I'm annoyed!

I went and bought 2 black nightgowns to pack for the Hospital Bag. Got a great deal at Macy's and got them for $3.40 each!! Also, got 2 cotton nursing bras to pack - 1 in size S and one in size M as I have no idea what size my boobs will be when the milk comes in so I one of each to pack in the hospital bag. Still is a work in progress but at least I've got a start in on it.

Anyone get an Angelcare movement monitor? Hubby and I are contemplating getting one and was wondering if anyone had any good or bad review on them. We went to our friends house last night and they have one for their LO and now I really want one!! We have our video monitor already and was thinking of incorporating this as well....

Anyone else starting to feel a bit overhelmed and have a bit of anxiety? I don't know if it because alot of things are going to be happening these next few weeks but I am feeling like things are piling up and I'm not going to ever have enough time to get things done. I just feel so much anxiety. 3 major life changes in May - I am due of course, hubby graduates, his family (9 people) are visiting for 10 days (not at our house but still staying about 15 min away) and he's starting a new job. Plus, we got tons of other things going on - I just feel like so much is going on and I don't have time to do the things that we need to do. I don't know.

Wow! Sorry I wrote so much!

Reading your post gave me anxiety snow, lol. You do have a lot going on all at once. All you can really do is let tomorrow worry about itself. I'm sure while everything seems very overwhelming right now, it will all work itself out and come together just fine.

I don't feel like I have anxiety, especially now that I've gotten through the second load of Virtue's laundry...and last load thank goodness. How can such a little person have over 2 baskets worth of stuff? I also got through all the boxes that came from Amazon and all the bags from babies r us. Got all the big items assembled as well. The only stuff I haven't done is wash the feeding items as I won't need those for a while, and I haven't taken the reversible car seat out of the box as I won't need that for a while either. Everything is in its place and ready to be used. I said I was gonna relax the last two months of pregnancy, so maybe I can at least relax the last month, lol. I still have to go have the car seat put in, but that will just take a few minutes next weekend.

I'm starting to get anxious. I can't believe 36 weeks is coming up soon. My apt this week is Tuesday. I hope I can remember to ask about birthing positions and if they will allow me to try different things to find what feels right. I was reading a post today where some girls were saying they were practically forced into a lying on the back position and the study along with that said it was because that's how practitioners are trained. I also want to ask if they do any internal exams. They haven't mentioned it so I don't think they do. I think they will wait until active labor.

LO has been doing a lot of stretching today, not quite painful, but nearly and the amount of his reach makes my insides feel weird when he's doing it. He is getting super strong.

Snow - I heard great things about the angelcare monitor. I was going to get one but then my mom discovered the snuza which is basically the same thing but instead of using a pad under the mattress, it clips on the baby's diaper. I just got our target registry coupon 2 days ago so hopefully yours will show soon!

I'm starting to feel a bit anxious too! I still have to pack my hospital bag and our shower is next weekend plus all these appointments I have now. There is so much to do! But, I also wouldn't mind baby coming a bit early, I'm tired of being unfomfy all the time and waddling around.

We had our infant care class all day yesterday. There were some good tips but most of it I already knew. The good thing was the pediatrician that visited was from the practice we're checking out next week and he was wonderful so hoping the doctor we're meeting with is just as good. Then we should be able to decide between the 2 places we've visited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->