Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I take one prenatal vitamin which has 800mcg of folic acid. I think my nurse told me to take at least 600 but I don't recall since that was a year ago and I've just been taking these same prenatals all year.

I'm also taking 540mg of omega-3 and trying to get at least 40g of protein, though I've read we should be getting 70g. But I'm finding it hard to get that much being a vegetarian and I feel that's a lot of food anyway. I'd be eating non stop all day.

Thanks for the info christie!! I was originally taking 400mg of folic acid separate from a discontinued prenatal pill LOL but now that I got new prenatals they come with a omega gel capsule, then also a prenatal pill with 400mg folic acid, so it sounds like I am right on track for folic acid then!

Hi ladies, I'm a newbie. 7 wks2 days and due 24th May. Can I join you ?

Hi ladies, I am so dizzy waking up and if I get up too fast I get these horrid pounding headaches, but they are short lived thank goodness....anyone else feel dizzy and almost like they won't be able to eat breakfast in the mornings? I do eat to try to make myself feel better!

Also, how much folic acid are you all taking? I am taking 2mg so 800 is that normal??

I also get dizzy on and off and yesterday I felt half drunk and half hung over at the same time, i try to eat about the same time everyday or I end up feeling sick.

Hi Frostie!!!
Welcome! :D When are you due?

Edit: Oops! Just went back and read your post properly :dohh: I'll add you to the front page :thumbup: Is this your first? How are you feeling?

Girls, I've just realised that yesterday I started doing kegels for the first time... Was feeling quite enthusiastic so did a few sets during the day. Do you think they might have loosened some old blood and caused the spotting? :shrug: (apologies for the repost to those of you who are also on the ivf thread!)

Can I join? (Cautiously)

Me:34
Dh:42
TTC since: roughly April 2009
Method:IUI with donor on 21st Sept

So we are pregnant, after almost 4 years of heartache, mountains of tests, my oh was diagnosed with azoo. we decided to go with iui using donor. This was our 3rd and final attempt, ivf was next on our agenda.
Today I am 16dpiui, I only tested today as I was full sure af was coming and the only reason I tested was basically to put myself out of my misery. We are so shocked. I've taken 5 tests so far 2 this morn and 2 tonight. One says 'pregnant 2-3' arrgghhhhaaaab buunngggaaa!

Ps congrats to the rest of you :)

yay 2 newbies-welcome wan and frostie!!! and congrats on the bfps!! wahoo!! wan that is A LOT of tests for one day, hehehe

wanbmum - So happy to see you here! I'm over the moon for you that you finally got your BFP!! Also very excited to get to share this with another diui success!

How is everyone feeling today? I am feeling so wiped out I could sleep the day away

Can I join? (Cautiously)

Me:34
Dh:42
TTC since: roughly April 2009
Method:IUI with donor on 21st Sept

So we are pregnant, after almost 4 years of heartache, mountains of tests, my oh was diagnosed with azoo. we decided to go with iui using donor. This was our 3rd and final attempt, ivf was next on our agenda.
Today I am 16dpiui, I only tested today as I was full sure af was coming and the only reason I tested was basically to put myself out of my misery. We are so shocked. I've taken 5 tests so far 2 this morn and 2 tonight. One says 'pregnant 2-3' arrgghhhhaaaab buunngggaaa!

Ps congrats to the rest of you :)

Hi Wan ......Welcome :hugs: Congrats !!!!!

Hi Wan!!
Welcome! :hi: Wow, looks like you've had a bit of a rough time of it. Many of us here are also LTTTC so we know how you feel :hugs: Finally seeing those pink lines is pretty amazing and very surreal! Let me know when you've figured out your due date and I'll add you to the front page :D

I'm feeling good today - no spotting yesterday or overnight so yay! Did another hpt yesterday too and the test line was much darker than the control again. Think I'm beginning to relax again now! Will still be running to the loo as often as possible today to check though!:blush: First day back at school today since my voice went - hope it doesn't do another disappearing act on me! Going to bring some honey with me so I can take a spoonful every now and then... Strangely I haven't felt extra tired at all yet - I was expecting that to be one of the first things to happen. No nausea either really but lots of indigestion yesterday so maybe it's on the way...!

Christie - good luck with your scan today!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and find out how many are in there! :dance:

twordue I have the usual wake up in the morning feeling hung over, lol...still no throw up yet..i hate that word lets use the code TU lol. I am very dizzy and puky feeling and am trying hard to put down half this bagel so I can then try to take my prenatals oh man!!!

and yay for scan today christie!!!!

Hi girls, thanks for your kind wishes.

So I had my beta today, I will get the results tomorrow morning.

Quick q? Did you guys start taking pregnancy vitamins straightaway, I had been taking folic acid anyway but my oh got me those pregnacare multi vitamins.

Here ya go girls a scan of my lil blurry sweetpea! I believe most of the white blur is the yolk sac. the baby is at the top of it. Just one, measuring as scheduled, and I saw the heartbeat! Due date was confirmed as May 31st. Supposed to go back in 2 weeks for another scan and then they will release me to a regular OBGYN.

They also gave me a schedule to wean off the endometrin and estrace. I should be done with those Nov. 2nd.

Attachments

• 6w3d.jpg
    6w3d.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6
I had been taking prenatals for a year before this BFP. Couldn't hurt. They are a good multivitamin anyway.

Woohoo Christie!!!!! Congratulations!!! Great picture. So thrilled everything is looking so well! Hopefully you've just started the ball rolling on a week of good scan news here! :D

Wow Christie that has brought tears to my eyes! Congratulations. :) You must feel estatic!
Congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->