Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I gave up pregnacare a while ago as it was messing up my ovulation strangely.

Another q? I just realized I have a beta today and for some reason I booked another for Thursday! I meant to do 2 days after, is that right? Should I ring to reschedule?

Wanbmum - My first betas were the same as yours Monday and Thursday

Thanks Rae, I called the docs office to reschedule, is 2 days ok dya think? I'll go google :;

I say two to three days would be good and you can see if your levels are doubling

twordue I have the usual wake up in the morning feeling hung over, lol...still no throw up yet..i hate that word lets use the code TU lol. I am very dizzy and puky feeling and am trying hard to put down half this bagel so I can then try to take my prenatals oh man!!!

and yay for scan today christie!!!!

TU is good. I was up at 6.30 as felt like TU and had to eat to feel better, I don't like to eat so early as I'm hungry every two hours so that means I will eat my cupboards empty today lol.
Yesterday I really craved a peanut butter and banana toastie so I cooked it you took a couple of bites and started to gag, I didn't want it after all lol.
How are you feeling today? Watch the dizzy spells as it is common to faint in first tri.

Christie - I'm loving the scan, I so can't wait till mine.

Question?? Will one coffee hurt? I am really craving a star bucks coffee?

no one wont hurt-especially if its decaf!!

and I am so worried about morning faintings!! lol I am just so spacey lately! and a bit forgetful I feel!

so funny about your craving I get those too then am like oh yick no thanks, dh do you want this?? lol

I'm sure either is fine Wan but we don't do betas here so what do I know?!!:haha: As regards vitamins I was on Pregnacare Conception from about a month before I started stimming and now I've switched to the original Pregnare. I'm also taking Omega-3 fish oil capsules... Also, I read before that prenatal vitamins can contribute to morning sickness so if any of you are feeling very nauseous it might be worth looking at a different brand? Something to do with the iron content I think?

oh christie beautiful little bean, yay, did you tear up at the US? I think I just might as reality may really start to set in...and then it may even more after my 2nd scan and telling my family and friends, ahhh! now I am all excited lol

as far as betas, my clinic only had me go in 3 times....once a week.....15dpo, then 5 weeks, then 6....us at 7 weeks and prob. more bloodwork? hmm

Two - the daily caffeine limit is 200mg so I'm sure one coffee won't do you any harm - just don't make a habit of it!!! I posted a list of the caffeine amounts in daily food/drinks on one of the early pages of this thread. Copied it from my What to Expect book. I'll check what page it's on....

Thanks Getting and Almost I will have to have one now lol, probably make it a once a week treat.
Almost try and take is easy, I got out of bed way to quick yesterday and almost fainted, everything went fuzzy for about 10 seconds and I had to lie back down before I did pass out. Hope it passes soon

Thank you I will! I am making an effort to get up from bed and from the sitting for a long time nice and slowly. Just something to get used to and I tend to forget half the time!

Hi girls, I am only 4 weeks, my tummy is doing somersaults. Almost painful. I just had my dinner and I feel so bloated and uncomfortable, mainly on my right side, like a burning sensation. Is this normal?

Wan - I got my bfp at 3wks 5 days and for the rest of that week my stomach was in bits. I was more or less ok during the day but by the time evening came I was fit for nothing but lying on the couch. It eased off after about a week and now it comes and goes every now and then but I mostly feel fine. God that seems like a lifetime ago already and it was only last week!!:haha:

I'm still having a pretty easy time over here. No nausea yet. Though my clinic did give me a nausea diet just in case. Maybe it'll help one of you girls. The main goal is to eat at least every 4 hours and when you eat combine sugar and protein. Here are a couple of combos they suggest:

-peanut butter, crackers and Sprite
-cheese toast on whole grain bread with fruit juice
-a slice of cheese with an apple
-sliced turkey sandwich and low fat chocolate milk
-dry roasted nuts and 7-Up
-milkshake
-ice cream, pudding or custard
-cottage cheese with sliced peaches and pears
-high protein cereal with fresh berries or raisins and milk
-cheese, crackers and ginger ale
-trail mix and fruit juice.

They also suggest keeping crackers near your bed and having a few before getting out of bed in the morning. Avoid sodas with phosphoric acid, eat a snack at bedtime, take vitamin b-6 (10-25mg), 1/4 tablet of Unisom Sleep Tabs 3-4 times a day as needed (I found this one interesting).

Avoid greasy, spicy, fried, or oily foods including butter and margarine (use jam, jelly, or honey instead).

Basically your goal is to keep your blood sugar level as the rapid rise/fall can cause nausea, irritableness, tiredness, and headachy.

oh christie beautiful little bean, yay, did you tear up at the US? I think I just might as reality may really start to set in...and then it may even more after my 2nd scan and telling my family and friends, ahhh! now I am all excited lol

as far as betas, my clinic only had me go in 3 times....once a week.....15dpo, then 5 weeks, then 6....us at 7 weeks and prob. more bloodwork? hmm

I was quite relieved at my u/s. I was convinced I had an ectopic pregnancy. During implantation my cramps were very off to the left, not very center. I didn't tear up but was very excited to see the heartbeat. I noticed before the doctor even pointed it out.

Thanks for that Christie! :thumbup: What are the sleeping tabs for?! The idea of combining sugar and protein is interesting.

That's so exciting that you saw the heartbeat too today!! :D

glad to hear you learned you are having a non ept. preg christie!! mmm now I want peanut butter!

Thanks for that Christie! :thumbup: What are the sleeping tabs for?! The idea of combining sugar and protein is interesting.

That's so exciting that you saw the heartbeat too today!! :D

The sleep tabs combined with B-6 are another way to ward off nausea, if the food combinations are not working. It says vitamin B6 and doxylamine (which is what the sleep tabs have) will help with nausea. Otherwise if the food combos and B6/doxylamine aren't helping then to consult your doctor for prescription options.

oh why oh why did I nap for an hour? I woke up feeling the same as when I wake up in the am...all icky and it is really hard to eat my dinner. Oh boy. Also-does anyone ever feel feverish? I am SO hot all the time, then I will get the chills

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->