Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Owww I wish I had soft stools as would be better than been so blocked and having to go to and get things put up there to help and still not much help.. if no improvement today I am to go back....

Don't know if I would try castor oil as I have heard that it can stress baby and cause him to poo, not sure if it's true but that put me off. Was told to get primrose oil so will Ask about. Everyone at the hospital is surprised to see he is still in there. I say it's the food been to good.

Had my appointment today along with the first of my many monitoring ultrasounds. Baby is somewhere just over 5 lbs (great news since I was fearing monster sized baby). Everything looks great. She is head down and facing the side. She refused to make breathing motions during the scan though (talk about stubborn babies) so I had to do the non-stress test. They monitored her for 20 minutes and she did perfect. Moving around like crazy during the whole thing.

Had my strep b test done and cervix check. I'm 1 cm dilated so we're making slow progress but at least its something! I figured something had to be going on with the random contractions lately. Cervix check definitely wasn't easy - my doc said they tend to be up high around your tonsils at this point (LOL). Mine wasn't painful but not the most comfortable thing either with it being so high.

Me too with the TMI! But I don't think it's very new, in my case.

So, I'm kind of freaking out about what to wear in the hospital. I want to wear my own clothes during delivery, but I want there to be easy access to the goods (i.e. not pants) and I want to be able to do skin to skin right away . . . right now I got a Nursing Chemise and a nursing bra, but now I'm worried that elastic will be uncomfortable during labor and it will be tricky to do skin to skin. Aaaaaah I'm so bad at decisions!!

Have you looked at Pretty Pushers? It might be an option for you. https://www.prettypushers.com/

And on the TMI note. I'm with Two. Backed up city over here - have been the entire pregnancy. My Dr. said if I got real bad to try Colace - might help you Two. It's safe. I have heard lots of scary things about Castor Oil and wouldn't try it either.

Thanks snowflake:thumbup: will give it a go.. prob better than what the midwives have been doing for me.

Walker I'm wearing this tub top type dress so I can pull it up or down really fast. Its lose fitting too, not like tight spandex or anything.

See, I should have the same problem as Two since I'm taking three iron pills a day! Who knows?

I bought a comfy nursing bra and was considering the tube top/loose fitting dress too. My sister gave it to me in her maternity hand me downs and I haven't worn it at all.

I had some serious cervix pain walking from work to my car this afternoon. It took all my will power to not look like I was in pain walking through the parking lot. I'm pretty sure I was limping a bit though. Hopefully Leo is just getting his progress started. Oh and now hot flashes with contractions. Sounds like the fun is just getting started.

christie sorry for the pain and discomfort but yay, so you are in labor?! GL!!!

Not in labor. I've got nothing consistent, just changes from the normal BHs I've been having. I've only been getting at most 3 or 4 contractions an hour and not all of them are painful, but the last few have all been accompanied by hot flashes.

thanks for the congrats on me being full term ladies!!! very crampy belly for the 3rd time in the past week. also i have softer stools but not 3 to 4 times a day. I really hope I am ready to go into labor in a week or two!...come out baby!! LOL

snow-yay for being full term today too!! =)

Yay Nat, you've reached the single days til your EDD! Do you feel like you've made any more progress the last few days? Or is LO still being stubborn? I can't wait to get to go for my 2.5 mile walk this weekend. I'm hoping pushing my son up all those hills will get me some progress in the right direction.

I'm not sure if he has made progress or not :/ I woke up with really wet undies this morning, but I can't tell if it was my water or primrose oil.

Has anyone downloaded any contraction recording apps for their phone? I'm trying to find one. I want to see the progression over the next few weeks on how close/frequent my contractions get.

If this goes on for an hour should I go in?...This is the most consistent the contractions have ever been, I am having mild menstrual cramps and back aches.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
I was told 3contractions in 10min and to then ring the Ward and they can tell by your voice if you are in real labour or just getting tightening. Not sure where you are what the call is.

I have to go in when I start getting construction, before labour begins because of the shortened cervix.
Good luck nat hope this is it for you.

I had 16 contractions in one hour. Still having the back pressure/pain and occasional menstrual aches.

This could be it. I would ring and see what they say and def keep posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->