Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I hope it is, would be perfect timing, his daddy is home and we finally got the car seat set up. Ohhhh I hope its time, even if I have to do this for the whole night if I can have Isaac in the morning or tomorrow afternoon I'd be thoroughly pleased.

Good luck Nat, sounds like this is it for you!

I'm a bit nervous. Yesterday when I got inside I slipped. I didn't fall, but I had to brace myself so I wouldn't, and when that happened my belly tensed up and I felt a sharp pain go through the front of it...kind of in the same spot where I'd been feeling that stretching/pulling a few weeks back. Now I keep having the feeling every so often and I feel as though Virtue isn't moving as much and his movements aren't as powerful. I'm thinking it could be because he's been so active the past couple days he's just worn himself out, but it worries me that all of this after I slipped is happening. I don't want to call the on call and have to go to the emergency room for nothing, but I'm starting to freak out a bit. His movements even feel slower than normal.

I've noticed Leo not moving as much. Yesterday while I was at work, I kept poking at him to get him to move, just to reassure myself. Maybe he's just resting up for labor. If he's gone through a growth spurt lately he could not have enough room to make such active movements either.

It happened to me to. My lo spent two day this week with almost no know movement and as soon as I rung the delivery he poped into life and has been going hard since. There is less room but I have always been told that you know your lo best and a sudden change in movement or decrease should be checked. Im sure your lo I fine as I ofen slip and jump up on my bed and get a sudden pain as im a cluts but lo seems unfazed by it all.

Hey girls!! Hope all's well with ye. Congrats to everyone who's full term - can't believe all your lo's will be here soon! :dance: Seems like only yesterday I was setting this thread up!

Nat - sounds promising!!! How sore are your pains? My contractions were almost all in my back and legs - didn't really have any abdominal cramps... Good luck! Keep us posted!!!

NoDoubt - I'm sure all is absolutely fine but if you are worried then there is no harm whatsoever in getting things checked out. It'll be worth it for the piece of mind. Or you could just give them a ring and explain what's going on and they'll let u know if they need to see you... Better safe than sorry!

Christie - love that pic!! I used an app called SMA Know How to measure my contractions...

Afm, everything's going really well! Fia's been off oxygen since Monday and so far so good. :thumbup: Still has desatts at times (they're almost always after feeds)(but not after every feed) but she's so good the rest of the time that they're happy to leave her off. Taking a few feeds with a bottle everyday too and was 5lbs 7oz at last weighing. So thrilled with her! :D

Here's a pic of the little smiler! (although it was probably just gas!:haha:)

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/42EEB444-9E8E-4BEB-A0CA-F6FE4A6298C1-4954-0000073858597A13_zps94505987.jpg

Broody she is so precious! And you're so close to bringing her home! How exciting!

Of course when I logged back on here Virtue had started up with his usual routine. He's been going all morning and I checked him on the Doppler so I feel better.

Broody, she's getting so big! Just look at those chubby little cheeks! Adorable. I can't wait to meet my little man.

Just got back from our 2.5 mile hilly walk. Hoping that walk loosens things up a bit. Only had a couple of serious contractions on the walk, so I don't think it will trigger labor, just hoping it helps ripen the cervix.

They never got stronger :/ they were radiating to my hips though, I still feel crampy today so I'm hoping last night was a test run. I am prepared for a long early labor since LO is posterior :/

I can't believe your lo is being so stubborn Nat. Its kind of cute, but I know you don't feel that way. I'm sure you're telling him to get here now, lol.

Anyone else having very frequent BHs? I made an effort to track them for an hour and they were between 4 and 8 minutes apart. I usually ignore them because they aren't painful, just a tightening sensation, most with hot flashes. I'm not doing anything just watching TV. I think I've been drinking plenty.

Just curious if anyone else is having frequent non painful contractions.

Christie I have them at night when ever I go to bed or it just seems to be when I notice them and I get them every three to five min with a head rush but know pain at all to.

A couple of questions to ladies. With lo been head down and in the groin do you get lots of pain with head movement as I get so much and can be crippling. I'm hating it.

Also how is everyone emotions? I have been super emotional the pass dew days and just want to cry and I use any excuse to start an argument. I am not an sad emotions person and I hate crying so this own really getting to me.. are we to expect a hormonal rise this far into the pregnancy?

I get more frequent bh at night too. My doc said its normal, and to look out for contraction that feel like tightening with menstrual cramping. She said anything like four times an hour that I'm to call as that's considered preterm labor. She said they won't stop the labor, but they'll have me come in and check me out.

I get pain with head movement, I just do my best to work through it. I hate when it happens when I'm walking though as I start moving like chicken, lol. Wish it were painless but of course not.

No emotional surges or anything, but it doesn't surprise me so close to the end. I still hate stupid questions, but that's always been the case, lol.

With the head movement my OH was laughing at me the other day walking to the car as hard as I tried to walk through it I just ended up looking like a total idiot. I fully get the chicken feeling lol.

Wish we had a switch for these emotions. My Poor OH has know idea What's going on and can't do a thing right yet he is trying so hard. I feel like a evil cow.

Hope you are all having a good weekend

No unusual emotions over here. I have heard that after delivery you can get another rush of hormones that will drive your emotions crazy though.

I don't get too much pain from his head. Mostly if I'm having a contraction while walking I'll get it. Or if he's stretching and causing his head to push down. Mostly I just get a lot pressure from him all over, but especially down low.

Morning ladies! Happy mothers day!

I woke in the middle of the night feeling so sick. I hate when my stomach just turns like that cause there's no relief, but luckily was able to fall asleep and sleep through it. I woke about an hour later with really bad bh. All I could think was how I just needed my water to break. I've heard that women feel sick before and during labor so for a second I really thought that was going to be it. I was ready...right up until the pain, then I thought I could wait on this a little bit, lol. But it's gonna happen at some time so might as well get ball rolling. I'm assuming everything I've been doing...bd, bouncing on the ball, cleaning, just trying to stay active in general...has helped with moving things along cause these contractions just keep getting stronger and stronger.

Happy Mother's Day all!

I had two really bad contractions last night. Both times were as I rolled over to get out of bed to pee. I had to wait for them to subside before I could get up. But nothing more and this morning my BHs have been calm.

Hoping to get another walk in today. I'm feeling so huge, I just want Leo to come out before he (or me) gets any bigger.

I hope those are signs things are getting started for you NoDoubt.

Happy Mother's Day ladies! Sounds like we're all getting to that I'm so uncomfortable I'm ready for this to be over stage. Just a little bit longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->