Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Appt today went well. Baby is still not engaged, but I told her I was having a little pressure when going to the bathroom and she that he was probably trying to engage around this time and that's what I'm feeling! So no progression yet, but finally getting somewhere kind of, lol.

At least your LO is trying to make an effort. Maybe that means once he gets started he won't hold anything back and you will get a nice short labor. I don't think I'll get checked for engagement for 2 more weeks. I'm really hoping I don't have to wait that long though. He's measuring a week a head, and has since his 6 week u/s so maybe, just maybe he'll be a week early.

On the off chance he needs some encouragement I've got a baby arrival encouraging menu planned for the next few weeks. Full of eggplant, pineapple, and spicy foods :) Not that any of that will really work, but a good excuse to eat some interesting foods.

I've been eating pineapple too, but I love pineapple, lol. So if it helps great! I was gonna try some spicy food...thats not really my thing, but lately I've been wanting some. Hopefully once he gets going he won't hold anything back.

Well I called my MW and she said I would be fine to use the EPO.. and that I should put two in at night. :) I am going to start tonight and see if it works. I read that it really is better to be dilated a little when you start using it. So maybe it will encourage the process to move on along.

I've read that eating the pineapple core is what works. I'm not about to start gnawing on the core of a pineapple. I'm going to try to see if I can create a smoothie using the core though. If I can get it blended up then I'll consume it.

I wasn't told to take EPO vaginally, just orally. Maybe I'll switch one of my 3 doses a day to a vag dose.

Leo has been pushing on my cervix today and not just during contractions either. Pain get so sharp at times I'm jumping in my chair.

I wish I could try to pineapple trick but just recently realized that I am now allergic to pineapple :/ So I'd have to cook it first before I tried eating it. I have a feeling if I cooked it it might take away purpose of eating it for pregnancy. Sighhh I love pineapple too *tear tear*

I hope it works for the ladies that try it though!!!

I'm hoping this EPO is my ticket.

My MW also let me know yesterday that I am neg for strep b so if my water breaks I don't have to go in right away. Which is a good thing for me because I want to labor as much as possible at home, rather than in the hospital.

ladies-glad your pats went well today. it is official, after last week, my dr. is def. afraid to hurt me again by checking my cervix LOL. We just had a quick chat and measure of the belly after my scan which showed my amniotic fluid is where it should be yay! I passed my strep b test woohoo and will not start cervical checks until 39 weeks----so 2 more weeks!

Ahhhhh had to make an appointment to see tge maternity doctor due to bad constipation since lo has barrowed himself in my groin. Was hoping to see my gp for it but no...

Cant wait to see who has there lo soon. There will be lots of photos to come.

I have a stubborn lo as I have now been walking for the pass week, sex, spicy food, no progesterone pretty much doing all the stuff I couldn't from week 24 to 35 and the only pain I get now is his head moving in the groin. All this with a shortened cervix. Wander when he will finally show.

Almost how often do they normally check you? In nz they wont unless they really have to due to risk of infections. They dont do cervical checks leading up to labour

Two - have you tried some castor oil? That cleared out my sister and started her labor all within a few hours. She was overdue by a few days though, but I'll be trying some castor oil if Leo hasn't arrived in 2 weeks.

they did the strep b and wanted to check me during that but it was too painful and that was at 36 weeks so i wont be getting checked until 39 weeks thank goodness lol

Congrats on reaching full term almost (37 weeks)! That sucks that it's painful for you.

I was told I wasn't going to be checked until 38 weeks. I just wonder if they are going to wait until my apt at 38 weeks 4 days or if they will check next apt at 37 weeks 4 days. Might depend on how much contracting I'm doing? I was actually surprised the midwives I see do checks. I've read a lot of MWs don't until you are in labor.

Yeah for full-term baby today!! Just really want him to stay in for another couple weeks to continue cooking - not going to try to evict him any earlier than he wants! Too many scary things happen I feel when you mess around!

Nat - Check out spinningbabies.com it is supposed to be of great help to get a posterior baby in the right position. My baby is head down but is on his side facing the left so I am going to start doing some of the exercises to encourage him to move into an anterior position.

Woo hoo - I'm a watermelon!

I can't imagine having as many ultrasounds as some of you! I only saw my little guy once, at 18 weeks. Can't wait to meet him in person though!

Christie - I plan on laboring at home too, until my contractions are at 5-1-1.

Had my first real hot flash today! Started sweating and shaking . . . drinking water and eating something helped, but yeesh! Otherwise, feeling great! I do get strange lower back throbbing with my heartbeat sometimes - could it be a form of BH? It used to just be my lower back and be dull, but over the past couple of weeks it's gotten sharper and radiates all the way up to my neck!

I was told that it's a BH unless I can feel more than just pressure (ie the pain of baby pushing down) in my cervix.

Leo is being a little greedy with the space he takes up. At times it's nearly impossible to even sit. It's like he takes advantage of me laying down or standing to stretch out as much as possible and refuses to be squished back up when I sit. I don't blame him, but it sure is uncomfy for me!

Happy 37 weeks Almost and Snow!

Tmi, but I've been having really soft stools. It's not diarrhea, just soft and I'm going like 3 or 4 times a day. I've heard that this can happen a little before baby is ready to come out. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Christie Virtue is the same way. I was trying to dry off this morning so I propped my leg up on the counter and bent to the side to wipe my leg down and he refused to move his foot. He does this every morning. And when I sit he'll move around until he's comfy (which is not for me) and will stay there. I told him this morning "most babies would move, but not you". Stubborn little boy...just like his mom.

In response to your TMI - me too. And I have also read that it signals the end is near, but how near, who knows :shrug:

Please let this be it, cause I'm so done. I sit in the bathroom all day if it means Virtue's arrival.

Me too with the TMI! But I don't think it's very new, in my case.

So, I'm kind of freaking out about what to wear in the hospital. I want to wear my own clothes during delivery, but I want there to be easy access to the goods (i.e. not pants) and I want to be able to do skin to skin right away . . . right now I got a Nursing Chemise and a nursing bra, but now I'm worried that elastic will be uncomfortable during labor and it will be tricky to do skin to skin. Aaaaaah I'm so bad at decisions!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->