Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

That's a lot of new posts :thumbup:

MissA - I love the nursery, I always wanted clouds on the ceiling too, but my OH doesn't like the idea and thinks it's just too much work :dohh: You did a really good job! It looks absolutely lovely! LO will love it! :baby:

Christie2011, some weight gain is normal and good for you in the first trimester :) & about doppler, hmm, I already have a pretty big bump which scares me to think how big am I gonna get? :lol: I was tiny before getting PG, lol. I always find the heartbeat on my bump though, slightly to the side but it's still on my bump.

OmiOmen, I'm glad you're feeling a little better :hugs:

No Doubt, I rented my doppler on ebay. 8 pounds a month and I'm glad I got it. The good ones are really expensive and I only plan on using it for another 1.5 month or so until I start to feel regular movement. So I'm better off spending 30 pounds over a few months rather than 150 upfront :wacko:

AFM, Eating yesterday turned out to be a disaster, I should have had the two pieces of toast in the morning and stopped. I had such a bad urge to throw up in the evening, I couldn't stop for 30min, my OH called the ambulance as I was practically choking, they've put me on IV for a few hours to get my fluids up and then sent me home again. I'm actually HATING this. I've never been to hospital so many times in my life and in the past month, I'm there at LEAST 2 - 3 times a week :cry: They did a US to check the baby though so I got to see LO :happydance: Bouncing around, happy, waving at us! Those idiots still wouldn't tell me the exact date though! 'Wait until your dating scan' WTF! :growlmad: Although I'm definitely further ahead than 11+something. At least a few days. I've to speak to my MW about admitting me to hospital for a few weeks so they can monitor my diet better and well, my fluid intake.. :cry: FEW WEEKS? :cry: Hell no :(

About nursery, we haven't really thought about it and we're obviously not gonna do anything until we move but I sort of want to go for a yellow/neutral theme. I like 'bear' themes if it makes sense, it looks cute and it's neutral. Even though we're finding out the sex I don't want to have a pink or blue nursery. I've had a look through many ideas and I do like a lot though me and OH will finally settle on it when we move.

LO won't be staying in the nursery for the first few months anyway, we're getting a moses basket so he/she can stay in our room and can get moved around. Unless of course the nursery will be really close to our room, then we'll see.

I'll post some bump pictures later too, though I just look fat :haha:

Jess I am so sorry your pregnancy is not a better experience let's just pray it gets better asap!

I have total bump envy! Y'all bumps look great! I don't have much of anything.

I have a sonoline b doppler and got mine at fetaldoppler.net. I do find baby's HB right near a surgery scar which is quite low. My teeny bump is right below my belly button so not close at all.

My friend had HG and had to have some sort of tube in her stomach to help her. She spent 9 days in the hospital at one point.

I can't believe you guys have nurseries already put together and painted! They look great and l like the inspiration rooms too! The room we are using to be the nursery isn't even cleaned out yet. I have my huge makeup vanity in there (I'm a huge cosmetic nut!!) and the closet is filled with my childhood stuff. We have plans to move everything out and get started on things in mid-December.

Jess-- i hope you feel better... that would suck to be in the hospital this early that long but at least im sure you will get to hear the heart right next you on the moniter, that always made me feel better and able to sleep when i was in alot with both my little ones.

Question? where is everyone seing pics of each others bumps.. im lost i saw the nursery though and its beautiful.

as for me we just moved my mother in a month ago before we knew we were expecting , and put my two kids in same room so now, the room she is using could have been the nursery. we are hoping to buy the house we are in within the next year, so if we do we will turn part of the garage into a bedroom and either place my mom in there and that way we can use one of the rooms, like if its a girl my daughter will share her room or my son will if its a boy. we hope at least, but until then our room is a little big with room to have the crib and a bassinet. and we will decorate with the sticky decor decals.

also i woke up with a major migraine this morning and was so nasues but after sitting in tub with warm water from shower on my head and neck really helped.

We announced the pregnancy on facebook today, as more people were finding out through that girl.. Argh.

"Expecting a little crocodile in May 2013 :)"

It took people a while to 'click'!

I have my bump picture.. it's horrible, I couldn't take a good one :wacko: I just look weird with my maternity joggers :lol:

Attachments

• 2012-11-04 17.01.58.jpg
    2012-11-04 17.01.58.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 5
Sucks that girl won't keep her mouth shut, stupid wench. But I will say, you weren't young to be able to hide that bump any longer...so cute. And you do not look fat...you look, what's the word...PREGNANT!

I saw the fetal Doppler website so I will go there and order it. How long did it take for delivery?

Super cute bump Jess! Another person to have bump envy for!

Sweetpea - Glad you feel a bit better after a shower.

No Doubt - I ordered mine on a Friday afternoon and got it on Monday! I did the free shipping too! It comes from IL and I live in NC...

Here's my bump. I took the pic maybe a week ago. It hasn't changed. At least I hope not, the scale hasn't, although I did have to retire a pair of pants this week, lol.

I will post a pic of the nursery when we get up the wall decals...hopefully within the next week or so. But the tweety decal we are using are attached. Sorry it's a bit wrinkled. I had just taken it out of the package when I took the picture. The accent colors are the teal and green so we will use those decal as well along with a few sayings next to the tweetys.

Attachments

• tweety decals.jpg
    tweety decals.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1
  • bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2
I am loving all the bumps! And snowflake I posted my bump pic on my journal lol ill be doing bump pics weekly now so excited to grow grow grow! Just hope the twins grow too they may be slightly bigger but not noticable maybe its just my imagination lol I hope to get a bigger chest from my pregnancy since I'm lacking in that department! On my cell but will post some nursery stuff later....probably won't get started on nursery until next year...hope that's enough time?

Cute bumps!! :D

I don't know, I've not been able to go out anywhere really anyway, it seems so big :lol: I'll try to find a picture of me before pregnancy, lol! Its odd, I'm roundy from my 'hairline' up. I find it strange and exciting that I actually got to this point! :D

No doubt, mine arrived next morning, lol!

Almost, I wouldn't worry about it! I went from 34B to 34DD in the few weeks :wacko: I was measured last week at some point :haha: I think the only weight gain I had was in my boobs, lol!

We need more bump pictures!! :D

Sw33t - the bump pics are just showing as attachments under the posts, dunno why you can't see them! :shrug: I hope your plan to buy the house goes ahead - ye'll be super busy!

Snowflakes - I also have serious bump envy! Although my jeans are really tight today and I've had to leave them unbuttoned (could button them but so uncomfortable!:haha:) They're also just out of the wash though so it could just be that!!

i have mine in my main page as well i guess i can add to my journal too. mine i put the date only on them untill i find out exactly how far along i am.
https://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag114/Sw33tp3a/babybump10weeks-1.jpg

Jess - meant to say congrats on announcing it officially!! Being stuck in hospital doesn't sound great but if it makes you feel better in the long run....?

Almost - I feel the exact same, lol! Was relying on the bbs getting bigger!!! They did grow in the first few weeks (or at least, it felt like they did!) but now I think they might actually be gone back to their original size!! :dohh:

Afm, have a lingering headache all day. Think I might be a bit dehydrated - am struggling to drink anywhere near the recommended amount of liquids per day. All that water sloshing around in my stomach just makes me feel sick! Anyone else having problems with this?

I do not want bigger boobies. I repeat, I DO NOT WANT bigger boobies, lol! I actually wanted to get a reduction and said by the time I was 24 I would...which was 3 years ago...but then I married and decided to have kids and when it was taking a while I said I was just gonna go ahead and do it. No sooner than I made that decision I was pregnant, lol. I was trying to wait cause I want to breast feed, and now I can!

Sweepter mine is a page or two back....

Love all th's bump pics, it's so exciting to see everyone growing. Almost I understand why you are showing early as you are having twins but I'm surprised I am but I did get big with the twins in my last pregnancy so maybe my uterus starched enough to make me show early this time. I'm going to do bump pics every three weeks.

Jess so sorry that you are still not getting better but been in the hospital may help, I no it's not a nice thought but it could be for the best.

Jelouae of all you lady's with dopplers I'm not allowed one or to even look at doing anything to the baby room for a few more weeks

I honestly didn't even know my bump was there until I caught a side view of myself in the window when we were leaving that morning, the morning of the pic I mean. I saw and was like, hun come here...look! Neither one of us expected that. I was going to try to conceal it I was around 5 months. Guess not. But it doesn't matter seeing how I'm letting hubbs announce it on FB in a few weeks.

Two, do you want a doppler? Im still debating, but I know that only means I will get one, lol. If you want one get one. You can at least start looking at nursery ideas.

Almost I must've missed it cause I didn't know you were having twins, lol. How exciting! Does that ever make you nervous? People kept joking with the hubbs about us having twins and so did I, but when I really thought about it I got a bit freaked out cause we will both be working and as you know everything will be double.

AFM I'm done with everything pretty much. Doing some cooking now, but that's all I have left for the day. Can't wait to eat. I'm hungry now so I'm of course stuffing my face with whatever I can find. Just don't want to ruin my appetite as I'm really looking forward to this meal, lol.

:haha: Almost isn't having twins! When she mentioned the twins growing she meant these twins!!!! :holly:

Lol...oh! Ok then... I'm an idiot. I'll just blame this one on the pregnancy too, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->