Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I painted our nursery in the summer after our first ivf cycle failed. It was fun to do and kept me positive. I painted a sun around the light and clouds on the ceiling. I am going to do a jungle animal theme when I get some stuff...later on.

I did some shopping today and discovered more of the brown discharge on my liner. Going to try to take it easy for the rest of the weekend - it is going to be hard for me to sit still.

Attachments

• photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
Aww so cute miss a. Our nursery is yellow as well. We are doing a tweet bird theme. Gender neutral cause I don't want to know the sex.

i love it miss a-especially the ceiling-who painted that part???

Thanks :) I did it all by myself. I used paint we already had and just lightened it with white so it was soft enough for a baby's room. I did the clouds big and fluffy - like a cartoon - and lined the parts facing 'the sun' with yellow. I was really feeling down one day and just started working on it and it really helped to make me feel more positive. You can't really see it well because it is dark out and the light is on. I will take another pic of the ceiling during the day.

Hello ladies,

Not much going on here. I weighed myself for the first time in weeks, I've been too afraid. I've been eating too much and not really healthy, I thought for sure I would have gained 10 lbs. But I've only gained 4 and I'm pretty sure it's more from not exercising as much as I used to and from eating bad than from baby.

Jess I'm glad to hear you found something else that will stay down.

I love the nursery! I've gone completely none traditional and painted mine red and accented with white furniture.

I'll try to get a pic in the morning. It's not fully complete, but this was my inspiration https://www.potterybarnkids.com/pkimgs/rk/images/dp/wcm/201050/0013/img71l.jpg

I haven't been able to replicate the pictures though.

Great pic MissA, loving the baby room...

Christie I to decided to weight myself this weekend as was surprised that I had not put on as much as I thought even though I am finding it hard to fit most of my cloths but there is a definate bump starting so that would prop be a good reason why cloths are tight..
I will post a bump pic later I hope others will to.

That is a great bump pic almost!!! And what great legs lol (hope you dont mine me saying)

hahaha thanks! i purchased wonderful nightgowns for my future pictures so my tush isnt sticking out but hey we are all ladies here. My bump looks so cute in the babydoll nighties-they are nice and stretchy and soft-so I can grow into them for sure!!

christie-my weight is fluctuation as usual but I have gained between 4-6lbs...sounds like we are similar with growth hehe! and i LOVE your inspiration for nursery-you ladies are making me want to go into a house sooner than later so I can picture my nursery better!!! haha

NGR - congrats on a great scan! It's a great feeling to actually see them in there! I don't know the protocol in other countries but over here if you're just having a regular pregnancy (without fertility treatment) then you don't get your first scan until 12 weeks! I don't know how people last that long without going crazy!:wacko:

i haven't talked to my fertility clinic since they gave me the clomid.
it was my regular GB who got the early US for me.
I told her that I wanted to rule out multiples and i was afraid because of the MMC I had the year before.

Otherwise US are at 20 weeks, 12 weeks if you get the genetic testing.

How the hell am I supposed to try to eat?! I can't even take a drink of water anymore before being in tears. I got out of her office and I sat outside crying for half an hour. This is horrible! I never imagined I would be suffering this bad! I know MS is normal, but this is not MS anymore. It's HG and doc said, chances are, it might last my whole pregnancy. Screw this if I'm gonna feel like this till birth. I hope the next few months go fast and the baby will be here already! I will certainly not be in a rush to have a 2nd one either!! :cry:

I really hope for you that it doesnt last the entire pregnancy. My friend just had a baby in October and she had HG. She was kinda miserable.

I painted our nursery in the summer after our first ivf cycle failed. It was fun to do and kept me positive. I painted a sun around the light and clouds on the ceiling. I am going to do a jungle animal theme when I get some stuff...later on.

I did some shopping today and discovered more of the brown discharge on my liner. Going to try to take it easy for the rest of the weekend - it is going to be hard for me to sit still.

the nursery is really cute. I think I am going to do green or yellow, as we are not finding out the gender.
hope you have been relaxing

My little bump

Attachments

• 20121104_140128.jpg
    20121104_140128.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
Aaaagh! Just wrote long post and lost it! :dohh: Start again....

Loving all the nursery talk in here! I'm dying to get started on ours but at the moment we're fostering some kittens for a local charity and guess what room they're in?!:dohh: It's been a spare room/dumping ground since we moved into the house 8 years ago so it's going to need a serious stripping out before we decorate. We'll probably be going with yellow too since we're not finding out. My parents still have the cot and Moses basket that we had as babies so I can't wait to get them out of the attic and set the whole thing up!:dance: Are you guys going to get one of the nursery bedding sets? I've been looking at them and even though they're fab to look at there's so many things in the packs that aren't recommended for newborns (bumpers, quilts etc) that I just don't see the point in spending that much money on them. All the baby's going to need at the start is a fitted sheet and a cellular blanket (or maybe a swaddling blanket, is swaddling recommended these days? I can't keep track!) So instead I'm thinking of buying some fabric and getting my mum to help me make up some accents for the room like a cot skirt, dressing for the basket, curtains etc Really this fabric but no idea how much I'd need so don't know how expensive it might work out... https://www.ebay.ie/itm/18085966648...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_656wt_689

MissA - I love your ceiling!!! You're quite the little artist! Will you come do mine too please?! :D Sorry you're still spotting, rest up and take it easy today :hugs:

Jess - delighted you've managed to keep some toast down :hugs: Hope it stays down today too....

Sw33tp3a - welcome!! When are you due?

Christie - love the red & white room! Looking forward to seeing yours when it's finished!

Almost & Two - great little bump pics!!

Everyone else - :hi:

I have not posted on here for a while. My sickness was so bad that I was not really in the mood but I think it might be starting to improve a little now.

I love the clouds MissAnnabelle.

Our nursery will be a budget nursery so nothing special like some of the ones on here will be. I had a few ideas but the theme that DH, my mum, and DS seem to like the most is the vegetable patch theme. My son likes vegetables and the colour green and I quite like the idea that he will feel comfortable in there too. Here is my mood board for it;
View attachment 508283

Omen glad to hear you are feeling better!

Broody I know what you mean about everything not being approved for babies these days. I plan on getting a crib set and just maybe not using all the prices. My supervisor said she got a crib set and didn't use everything like the bumper, but then when then when her daughter turned to an active sprout, which didn't take long, she would wake up hollering evening every night cause she would be rolling around in her sleep and then getting her leg caught in between the railings. So she ended up putting the bumpers on which she thinks works better for her than without. I think it's all more about the timing of using some things mixed with a bit of mothers intuition. They now have those things that you can stick on the sides of your new born so they don't move or roll over in the middle of the night, I guess into their stomachs seeing how they are supposed to be on their back. That may be something to think about.

Do any of you who have a doppler also notice that your bump is not where your baby is? I have a doppler and there is no bump where I find the heartbeat. Which makes me wonder if my bump is pregnancy related or just me gaining unnecessary weight.

Lol Christie. I don't have a Doppler, but I did notice that when they did the u/s my bump isn't where they did that. Sometimes I think it's cause with the uterus growing it pushes everything else up which pushes the belly out. I keep saying that I feel like I look like I've gained more than 7 lbs, but people keep reassuring that I don't and still think I'm losing weight. I always tell the hubbs when I'm sitting down that I just don't have enough room in there between my stomach, bladder, and the baby, lol. So I don't think it's unnecessary weight gain.

Also where did you all get your dopplers? I'm going to get one now that I've seen Thumper.

Christie - I love the red and white! I think they key to that would be to make sure there was a lot of while and no other dark colors in the accent. It is really beautfil and stylish :)

Loving the bump pictures everyone :)

I am thinking about getting a cradle to keep in my bedroom for the first few months and then moving baby to the crib. There is a lot to think about. I wonder if there are any classes in my area. I searched pregnancy classes and all I found was a place for teenage moms with unplanned pregnancy and I would not go there. I know the hospital that we are going to deliver at has some, but it is almost an hour away.

2-such a cute bump pic yay!!!!

no doppler here christie-but my doctor said weight gain so early on can be due to extra fluid in the body =)

getting-I am loving that fabric!!

Not sure if I already shared my nursery ideas or not, but I am thinking dark chocolate colors mixed with white and aqua! Then I wanted to theme mine with elephants-maybe not elephants everywhere, but I found this super cute elephant laundry basket made out of basket or wicker and then some other cute elephant objects to bring into the room =) Also, I want my changing table to have a changing basket with a fitted changing cushion inside =)

Lol Christie. I don't have a Doppler, but I did notice that when they did the u/s my bump isn't where they did that. Sometimes I think it's cause with the uterus growing it pushes everything else up which pushes the belly out. I keep saying that I feel like I look like I've gained more than 7 lbs, but people keep reassuring that I don't and still think I'm losing weight. I always tell the hubbs when I'm sitting down that I just don't have enough room in there between my stomach, bladder, and the baby, lol. So I don't think it's unnecessary weight gain.

Also where did you all get your dopplers? I'm going to get one now that I've seen Thumper.

I like your theory on baby pushing everything up and out. I think I'll go with that instead of the unnecessary weight gain! Sounds so much better. My sister gave me her doppler. I believe my parents bought it off ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->