Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Blah, that's horrible. I hope this doesn't go throughout your pregnancy. I would be pissed too.

To be honest, I did expect to get MS, because I had it with other pregnancies but I never once thought it would be this bad, especially since HG is a pretty rare thing. The thought of throwing up right up to the birth.. just doesn't sound appealing.

How are you all ladies doing today?

No Doubt, I'm really just pissed. I have been off sick with MS all october! It looks like I will be on sick leave then straight onto maternity :growlmad:

HG is Hyperemesis Gravidarum ''(HG) is a severe form of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy different from the more common nausea and vomiting known as morning sickness. Dehydration, malnutrition, and other serious complications are the result of the "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids."

It's a right pain in the ass :/

I tried eating other things and nothing works, any potatoes/rice/pastas make me sick instantly. I'm just worried because the only vitamins I'm getting atm are from my prenatals and the fruit.

And this doesn't impress me :/

"infants of women with severe hyperemesis that gain less than 7 kg (15.4 lb) during pregnancy tend to be of lower birth weight, small for gestational age, and born before 37 weeks gestation."

Getting broody, they've tried me on 6 different types of tablets, I tried the bands too and other things, I'm allergic to :/ (I'm allergic to all the good things in this world + a lot of medicines)

I'm just fed up. I just ate some pasta with simple, pure, bland tomato sauce to see if I can keep it down for half an hour to at least get some of the nutrients and calories, but I'm struggling, sipping water with lemon juice, it calms it down slightly but all I want to do is just throw up :/

My throat is just killing me! :cry: I was really hoping to have a nice easy going pregnancy :dohh: That's out of the question already. I am so worried about the baby too, thank god I can listen to the HB whenever I want or I'd go crazy!

I can't stand anything sweet at the moment (drink and sweet wise) so sweets are out of the question too, chewing gum helps me a lot but only for the first 15 minutes and I'm supposed to avoid having too much of it so I just have it after food to keep at least some of it down.

I've been counting my calorie intake as advised by my MW for the past 2 days and hell, I can only manage to eat about 700 a day, that's before I throw it all back up :/

Sweetpea, welcome! :thumbup: Congratulations!!

so sorry about the sickness. i havent gottin sick yet so far(Knockonwood) but im having heartburn. my friend is 18 weeks if i remember right and she has had similar to what you are speaking of. she has been sick the whole time so far and is miserable.

Thanks ladies. It was a long night and not much sleep but dont feel to bad today, The OH apologised (and he normally never does) and does not know why he acted like that... MrsA there could be some truth in your theory as he already taken on the extra eating but I wont put up with it..

Jess I really do feel for you, I find my nausea hard to deal with and you are going through so much more, I hope that you and your little bean dont have this the hole pregnancy and that you can start to keep things down.

Sour lollies maybe worth a try for me, I saw a pack of sour lollies the other day and my mouth started to water but was not sure if it would be any good.

Hope you all have a good weekend

Two, glad things are better :) :hugs:

I'm really considering going to bed now and sleeping for the next 5/6 months! :lol: Wake up, have the baby, be happy. Sounds like a great plan!

I've just finished doing my 'checklist' for baby shopping, just so we don't buy too many things that aren't going to get used at all or wasted and of course waste money. Now I'm shattered and I think it's bed time. I have to drag myself out shopping tomorrow. I need some more maternity pants as I'm not fitting into my clothes anymore. I officially have a bump!

On monday it's time to start looking for a new house. We're moving out of this house as we need more space and our friend currently lives with us so we're trying to get away from him too. We have the rent in advance and deposit all ready so just viewing, signing a few things, moving and done. We hope to be out of this house by mid December.

Anyway, have a good night/day (damn time differences!!) but I'm off to bed now! :D

Just popping in-only able to skim recent page-worst bout of nausea my whole pregnancy with head ache and chills...no TU though so cant complain compared to what you have been going through jess! And Jess DH and I are in a 2 bedroom condo and need a 3 br for more space, after our trip to Brazil we will put our place for sale and start house hunting-so exciting!!!

Hope all are well will chime in more tonight or tomorrow if I am feeling better-did post my itty bitty bump in my journal if you want to peak! dont mind the attire! lol

Almost, oh, I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

I am having a fantastic day today, feeling as sick as ever BUT... I've read that some of you have toast in the morning, personally I hated toast and I didn't like it, but I've ran out of things to try to make me feel better :wacko: When I was shopping today, I got my usual fruit and I got a nice loaf of bread. I got home and was like 'hell, I'll try it' I just had bread with butter as didn't fancy anything on it but omg, it hasn't come back up and it's been over 2 hours since I had it. I only had two slices of toast but geez, if it can stay down then it's better than nothing, right? :lol: I am very impressed with myself!

Although afterwards I thought maybe my vomitting was going away.. boy was I wrong. I had some of my OH's lunch and it came back up.. immediately :dohh:

So.. my diet now consists of fruit and toast!

How is everyone feeling today?

Yay something else to add to your diet!

I'm feeling good. Have errands to run, but just want to stay in bed all day. I'm fighting with myself right now. As to do I go out or do I just lay here. Laying here is winning. It's so hard for me cause I'm so active and I hate procrastination. I'm trying to "listen to my body" and rest. Blah, just tired of being a hermit is all.

I had another 2 slices and they're staying down although I am starting to feel a bit funny so gonna go for a bath and sleep to try and keep it all down, just have a nap as I'm shattered.

Good plan jess.

I've been craving tuna salad like no ones business and obviously can't have it. I would substitute it for some seafood, but it just wouldn't be the same...sigh.

I had a little nap and I feel better. It's annoying that I have the nausea 24-7, on a scale of 1-10 it ranges from 7-10 throughout the day (I don't know how else to describe it.) But even with feeling so damn sick, it's nice to know that I actually kept something down, I know it's not much and not a very good meal but it's something. I've had some prunes too when I woke up to ease the nausea from a bloody 15! I hate waking up at first, always feel the worst!

What's everyone up to?

Well hubbs is finishing painting the nursery, well for the most part. Didn't know we ran out of primer so one section will have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm about to eat and relax.

No doubt do u like salmon? It's good for you in pregnancy to eat twice a weeks. I have been told wild Alaskan salmon is the best with hardly any mercury at all and can be canned or fresh.

Yay for keeping toast down Jess, I no pregnancy is different to normal nausea but marmite or vegemite on a dry piece of toast is meant to be good and will normally stay down. Not sure if you would like it but it's worked for me..

I'm not a fish eater. If it's not tuna from a can with some salt, pepper and mayo no thank you. I like seafood though. I guess I could always go with crab salad.

Hi ladies hope you are all feeling well!

Jess-I am so glad to hear you found something you can keep down! Is having a fuller stomach helping with your MS a bit? Food is starting to no longerh elp with my ms since yesterday and today-like you jess-i dread morning wake ups as it is also when i feel the sickest-but now i have been feeling sick all afternoon! I am much better tonight, sitting here eating pasta-due to my increase in MS and food not helping-sometimes making it worse-my appetite is starting to decrease.

No Doubt, you've already got the nursery painted? :D In regards to seafood and fish, I know you can have small amounts of fish every week as long as you have little portions and don't over do it!

Two, marmite or vegemite.. argh, I can't stand both of them :haha: Even now that I'm pregnant, just the thought makes me feel sick!

Almost, having a full stomach actually makes me feel worse but I haven't been able to eat anything else. I mean.. I haven't had a warm meal that stayed down since.. crap, it's been over 3 weeks now. I had to throw up just after I posted my last post but I think my stomach acids destroyed the toast by then as I only brought up water and stomach acids. I just couldn't hold it in any longer and now I can't stop throwing up :cry: but I'll try eating some more toast tomorrow and stick to fruit for the evening because they don't make the nausea worse or better. I know what you mean about the loss of appetite. I completely lost it at 6 weeks and since then I haven't been eating much, then soon after MS hit me. I hate the loss of appetite. I LOVE cooking and it's one of the things that just relaxes me and I got to do it everyday, now I'm not even bothering as the slightest smells are getting to me. I can't even use deodorant, that sets me off like anything :wacko:

Me and OH are gonna watch a movie tonight and then go to sleep. I'm gonna have another early night and he's working really early tomorrow so I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow at some point! :)

Excited for my MW appointment on Tuesday too, and well, my scan on Friday!! :happydance:

Hope everyone is well!!

Yeah...almost about the nursery. We started back in January and that was the last time we were in there...lazy, lol. We had been trying for over a year by then and I wanted to be a part of the experience so I figured we could go ahead and get started with painting. Plus we just bought our house last September and had been doing some painting and cosmetic touch ups to our liking everywhere else. The people that lived here before had the room painted a rainbow blue. Every wall was darker than the one before...stupid. And it wasn't even a blue you think for a room in a house. So knowing we were having children and which room would be the nursery I decided to not paint twice and just go ahead with the nursery colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->