Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Sounds like a good plan no doubt! I aslready found the crib of my dreams it is white and has an awesome shape to it but is 699 and dh and I feel like that is a bit pricey but I still want it! Hoping my mom might buy us a big gift or pitch in :) she loves shopping for me so when baby comes oh boy she will bring lots for us I'm sure!

I don't think that's pricey for a crib. The trick is to get in on a sale though. See if that place had any sales coming up and then wait for that.

this is a new crib so not sure when it will be on sale-but no room for baby nursery stuff yet in our condo-we won't buy until next year! FX it goes on salee!!!

Hay ladies how is everyones weekend going?

The spotting has definitely gone now Yay but now have a head cold. Always something so I'm spending the day lounging in bed watching tv.

As for cribs I decided to buy one the other day as it's the 4 in 1 one that I wanted $800 down to $400 so I could not miss it as it probably wouldn't come around again.

Great news about the spotting Two!!

Yay for getting bargains too! So exciting to start buying cribs etc! :dance: Almost, fx'd yours will be on sale in the new year! I can't wait to start setting up the nursery!!

Afm, fell asleep on the couch yesterday evening and woke up with the most awful gas pains... Went walking around the house to try to get it moving and when it did....!!! I'd say ye'd all have heard me in your various countries if ye'd been listening!!:haha: Instant pain relief! Was very glad I wasn't out in public somewhere!!:blush:

Heading off today to buy a small second-hand trailer so that when we go on holidays or away on trips the dogs can go in the boot (it's an estate car), the baby and some stuff can go in back seat and the rest can go in trailer. Usually the dogs travel in the boot (trunk!) anyway but we often move them to back seat when we're going away because it's easier to fit the luggage in the boot. Don't want to put the dogs into the back seat with the baby though - they're very good in the car and normally just sleep but if they saw another dog they might get excited and jump around a bit and don't want them accidentally stepping on him/her in an effort to look out the window!

What has everyone else got planned for the day?!

Reading your posts I now feel better about crib shopping already!!
I was planning things to put on my registry the last couple days, and I think I have picked things out.
I found out that my dad had bought my sister her crib, change table and dresser (she is due in January), so I hope I am as lucky!!! :)

Had my doctors appointment earlier this week. Found out that at my 9+6 US that I was measuring 9+1. They wanted to change my due date to June 5 which I know isn't accurate, because I know when i O'd and when we BD so its kinda impossible.
My doctor because of this is changing it from May 31 to June 1.

GettingBroody, I am there with you on the gas pains. I have had them for weeks now and by the end of the night my 'bump' has doubled in size from having bloating on top of it.

Our furniture will be Ikea so my nursery budget is probably tiny compared to a lot of peoples on here. I have noticed that Americans seems to spend a lot more on a crib than people in the UK do though. I have a full 'vegetable patch' theme nursery planned and have now moved on to making a list of the cloth nappies we will buy.

My scan is in 8 days and it feels like this I going to be a long week! I am nervous about it and am finding the waiting is getting hard now.

Hay ladies was wondering if any of you lady's have had a few good days with less nausea ect. And then it just randomly comes back with a vengeance? I'm sitting here in bed and all I want to do is throw up as my tummy won't stop turning... it's the worst feeling

I didn't throw up for about 5 days and only had mild nausea and then suddenly I spent 40 minutes throwing up.

Almost I think you have a good chance at getting the crib on sale. The lady told me they are doing another sale come march like this one, so I wouldn't fret about that.

Two, glad to hear everything is better. The nausea has back off quite a bit, but it does come back every now and then.

Broody I know what you mean about the gas pain. And it seem like when I have to pee I can really feel it cause things are moving around in there, lol. I was in public yesterday, but it was moving so I had to just deal, but it finally moved later when I got home. Normally dogs are pretty good with babies and are very careful around them. They know they are babies...even of the human kind, lol. But I understand. I know my older two will be ok, but my youngest is so rambunctious I'm not taking any chances. She's just playful. To be honest my oldest is probably the only one I'll allow to lay next to her cause she's very maternal and the only one I've had an opportunity to see with babies and small children.

Ng I can't believe they would only move it one day, they should have just left it, lol. I think my doc is just leave mine where it is although like you know I know that's wrong cause if when I Oed and we bded, but we will see.

Omen I was wondering if anyone was doing cloth nappies. I'm thinking about doing that, but have to educate myself as I know nothing about how. My mom said she had to use cloth with me cause I was break out in a rash with anything disposable.

AFM, my hubbs left this morning for 4 days for a conference in Texas. A little sad about that. I'll miss him and now I wish I never would have been ok with him going. But it's work so I guess so...blah. Might get out a bit today, but we will see. Might just stay home and relax.

I have my crib, change table and dresser in my amazon cart now for under $700 with free shipping. I found that they were they cheapest for the set that I want.

Broody - I hear you about the gas pains:haha: I am going to a family get together for hubby's little cousin. I think she is going to be 5?

Two - so glad that the spotting has stopped:thumbup: Watching anything good on TV lately?

Nodoubt - hopefully the time will fly by and he will be home before you know it! I always miss my hubby whenever he goes away, but when he gets back we have the best time because we both realize how much we need eachother :)

....Omen I was wondering if anyone was doing cloth nappies. I'm thinking about doing that, but have to educate myself as I know nothing about how. My mom said she had to use cloth with me cause I was break out in a rash with anything disposable....

We tired using them with DS but he was tiny and everything leaked and I got too frustrated to carry on with them. But we are going to try again this time. Our nappy budget is higher than last time so hopefully that will help a bit and we are only going for pockets and AIO's this time except the newborn stage when we might try flat terries with wraps (so we can make them fit if we have another small baby). I have a pintrest board set up to keep track of which ones I want to buy.

Looks like we're all suffering a bit from gas then!!!! :haha:

Omi - my parents still have my cot from when I was a baby so I'm taking that. Otherwise I would definitely be going to ikea too. We've spent so much on the ivf to actually get the baby here that we're going to be looking at money saving options on everything else! We spent our baby fund on the actual baby!:haha: There's a very good site for second-hand items here (we got our trailer on that today) so I'm scouring it everyday for the buggy I want. There are loads of the double version of the same buggy for sale but no singles - hoping that one comes up soon!!!

Two - definitely finding my nausea comes and goes, although I've yet to actually be sick thank god!!! Tiredness varies everyday too - yesterday I was absolutely wiped!!!

NGR - that's strange about your EDD. Do you want me to change it on the first page?

NoDoubt - yeah, I'm not worried about the dogs hurting the baby because they're nearly 8 now so they're generally quite calm but if they were all together in such a small space like the backseat I would worry about an accidental paw on the baby's face or something. Better safe than sorry!! Hope the time passes quickly for you until dh comes home!

Omi - hope your wait for your scan passes quickly too. I think the nearer these things come the more we worry....

Feeling a bit achey and stiff today so going to go try one of the yoga videos now!!! :D

Edit: NoDoubt - I'm also considering cloth nappies but haven't reached a decision yet!!

No doubt-4 days will pass fast, enjoy your alone time at home-movies in bed! lol

Omi and broody sorry you are also having gas pains-my doctor says it is from constipation-I just bought 90 calorie fiber one bars-not crazy about the taste but hey if they do the job! ouch i am having pains right now ughhh it happens a lot if I have to poo or if the poo does not want to come out bleh lol

two-so glad the stopping has stopped for you!

ngr-glad your doctor listened and did not change it to the 5th, kind of silly changing it by one day huh? but hey if it is more accurate then I am sure its a good thing! I love May and June-I am a late June baby!

afm beeling a bit dizzy since waking up-my sundays consist of doing 2 loads of laundry at my moms since I do not like to pay to use the laundry on the first floor of my condo. can't wait for a house so i can do laundrey at home!! lol Then birthday shopping for DH and my sister with my mom since we are celebrating the birthdays together next saturday-I have been working about 44 hours a week ,sometimes 46 or 48, so I happily took off my babysitting shift next weekend hehe....so excited to have a full weekend off for once!

I think my gas pains are from constipation too. I am having some more fig syrup tonight before bed, it helps but it tastes really gross. My diet is pretty much small amount of carbs at the moment and add the iron from the pregnacare and it is not wonder I guess. To be honest weeks ago I had a mild case of hemorrhoids from it! I thought that only happened at the end of pregnancy and even then i never had it when I had DS.

Just spent the last hour discovering the fun of pinterest! Anyone else on it and wanna be friends so we can see each others nursery/baby finds?!

I love pintrest! Lol and has anyone gained weight this pregnancy then lost some of the weight gained? I dropped a couple pounds since my ms lessened as I haven't had to eat more to make me feel better so I started at 102 pre pregnancy then up to 107.8 then back down to 106.8...crazy! Lol now I feel like my bump is going away and that maybe its more of bloat and consitpation

I have to go check out this pinterest. I've heard of it, but haven't been on there ever. I honestly thought it was like an online photobook, but clearly there's more to it.

AFM, I'm having a lazy day and am doing some online shopping. I bought the bedding on Amazon this morning! Can't wait for that to get here! I included a pic.

Attachments

• bedding.jpg
    bedding.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g