Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

No doubt- that is adorable...
i noticed alot of you are buying stuff already.. are any of you gonna have a baby shower?
i hope to have since we have nothing from our previous two children except a hand down bassinet that is antique and my dad refinished it.

Hey ladies!

I find when I am constipated that I have the gas pains. I def have had to take Gas-X a few times this PG already! My constipation comes and goes. And there for my little bump comes and go with it. And my weight goes up and down as I go poo too...

I have pinterest and would love to be anyones friend. I however, have my my baby stuff under a secret board and no can see it yet. Only our parents know that I am PG so I am keeping it secret for another month or so when I do my announcement. Then I will make it open to the public to view... PM me girls and I'll give ya my profile link...

Speaking of announcements - anyone doing anything special? The little shoes seem to be quite popular these days. I have a few ideas but aren't sure what I am going to do yet. I need to start thinking though bc I def plan on doing one!

We plan to go crib shopping over Christmas break. I am going to try to find one that isn't too high and easy for me to lean in and out of. I am short (5'1") so not all cribs will be the right height so I need to look around in person 1st before making a decision. I want to get the lifetime crib, tall dresser and a short dresser for the changing table. Going to try to keep the budget under $2k.

I am not really worried about my dog with the baby. She truly is the most gentlest dog ever. She is so lazy too. She's been around babies and does great. I do worry about my parents dog though but they live 11 hrs away in my hometown that I grew up in...

I still haven't gotten any nausea at all and def haven't gotten sick so I am not a good one to ask about it coming and going bc it just never came at all for me!

Got a baby bargain yesterday at Target - they had some baby spoons on mega clearance for $3. They came in a pack of 2 and I bought 3 packs. These are them: https://www.booninc.com/products/Swap/297. I also got a stuffed animal that has a music box in it that plays the same song as a stuffed animal I had as a child.

My NT scan/bloods is Friday AM. I am so excited to see baby again on the screen! So excited!

Thanks!

I don't know if I'm having a shower or not. Stuff like that never works out for me. Not to mention, the big stuff I want to get myself. I don't want someone else picking out furniture. If I do have a shower it will be for stuff like bottle warmers, diapers, wipes...stuff that I can use like a breast pump if need be. After the bedding and furniture is delivered I just need the saying for the walls and we won't be getting anything else. Hubbs mom is already shopping for clothing so I know I don't have to worry about that. The few people that know I'm pregnant ask what the baby is gonna wear and I'm just like a onsie until they are old enough...I mean seriously, where are they going when they are first born. I'm sure I will get a few prices of clothing, but I'm not going overboard.

Speaking of, do any of you plan on breast feeding? I do. I always worry what if I can't go it or Thumper doesn't latch on.

I will be having a shower. Because all my family lives 11 hours away, we will have to fly in one way and rent a mini-van to bring all the stuff back to our house. This is what we did for my bridal shower and it worked out good.

I am only picking up stuff that I see on clearance and things that are meaningful to me in some sort of way. I have already started the registry under a fake name for now and then when it comes closer and we know the sex and I can go finish things up - I will change it over to my real name.

I plan to try to breastfeed as I know it is best (and it is free afterall!)- I worry bc I am very small chested - 32A - that I won't be able to provide enough for the baby. I want to go to some lactation classes that the hospital offers to learn more about it as I don't know much at all.

I love pinterest...

No doubt hope you enjoy relaxing and been able to get out is great to.

MissA how are you feeling? Not to much to watch and getting rather board with the rest I am on but tonight will be a early night as I'm a big gray's anatomy and private practice fan lol so that's me in
bed tonight

As for cloth nappies I say not for me, the hubby and I are going to go with disposable.

Hope all your gas pains go soon.x

Almost - I gained a couple pounds and then lost it all plus more once morning sickness hit. I've been reading it is ok because baby will take what it needs from you plus the prenatal nutrients. Hopefully 2nd tri will be better for us!

snowflakes - I also need to check out the height of cribs since I'm 5'2. There are a lot I can't easily reach over.

I have pinterest too but my baby stuff is all on a secret board for now too until we tell everyone. Probably will be sometime after Thanksgiving when everyone will know.

I think we'll probably end up having a shower since our family is super excited about spoiling baby. I figure we'll probably get most of the big stuff ahead of time though like the furniture. I didn't even think about Ikea but that is a great idea to look for some cheaper furniture options. I saw a really cute idea on pinterest where they transformed a bookshelf into a little closed to hang baby clothes by removing shelves and adding tension rods.

You ladies should look into cribs that have a curved front to help with getting baby in and out of the crib.

Snowflakes, don't worry about your breast-size and breastfeeding because that will not effect it. The best advice I can give is read up on it a LOT. Almost every reason I have heard people say that "can't" breastfeed I personally went though and some things I have never heard of too and what got me through it was reading that it I all about sticking with it. I BF'ed my son and had a lot of hard times but I managed it so will be BF'ing again.

I love Pintrest, I have so many baby boards now. I have four different nursery boards alone (although have settled on one now). https://pinterest.com/omi85/

I won't be having a baby shower, they are not very common in the UK still.

No doubt my crib is a bassinet, a cot, a bed and a chair all in one so that way I can get the Bubs use to been in a bed before we by a bigger one.

I want a baby shower but will see

Two I have never heard of one of those. You will have to post a pic.

Hello ladies, sorry I've been quiet, I've had the worst MS wave yet. It's been lasting a few days and not going so I've been in bed all day, sipping teas!

You're certainly not wasting your time :haha: The amount of new posts is crazy :thumbup:

Good luck with your scans everyone, hope all goes well and you get to see your LO again/for the first time! :cloud9: I'm dreadfully awaiting my scan. I can't believe I have to wait two weeks for it just because OH lost our bloody keys :dohh:

Yey for all the shopping too! I'm starting our shopping on Friday, 16th November! Payday :happydance:

We have found a new place too! A lovely 2 bedroom house, with a lovely garden, tonnes of space! I already have ideas for the nursery :winkwink:

We will be buying our crib/cot, changing table and a nice wardrobe for the room shortly after we move. Although as we will be moving first week of December (more than likely, might be a little earlier or a week later :dohh:) I don't know whether I'll want to buy anything before Christmas, I might wait for our January sales here in the UK as prices really dramatically drop then! Anyway, me and OH agreed that by the end of January, we want our nursery finished (furniture, paint & decoration wise) then we'll have all the little things to get. Nappies, wipes, clothes, breast pump and all the other little things! Of course, me being me, I'm gonna start getting all the small things already, haha, one or two extra boxes when we're gonna be moving aren't gonna make a difference! :happydance: I've seen a few teddies and toys I want to buy next week, some weaning bits and pieces, some teething bits. We're gonna be buying everything we'll need up until the baby is 3/4 months and then buy the rest when she finally arrives (OH decided it's a girl and her name is gonna be Lily!). I have a whole checklist of things to buy so we'll slowly be crossing things off there as of next week :happydance:

As for the baby shower.. we don't really have them here in the UK. I've been to one in my life and that was a friend from Canada! My family are just gonna buy things and post them to us.

Nappy wise.. we're not gonna try cloth nappies - tried them with my nephew and personally didn't like them. OH isn't keen on them either so disposables it is..

Hope everyone is well! :)

we will most likely start shopping more for things when we know what the sex is.

snowflakes- as you get further along your cup size will get bigger and as you start to breast feed the first day or two after baby is born your milk will come in. the first day its just clear colostrum i think its called that comes out and then it gets more heavier and creamier. and your breast will get more bigger then also. you will do great just dont get discouraged.

i have my first appointment on tuesday and i will find out how far exactly i actually am. i feel kinda in limbo with yall since everyone has had a doc appointment already. i would have tested way earlier but with PCOS i just figured it was gonna be a long cycle again. so who nows lol. i keep feeling movements all over though so it is weird. not sure if im loosing my mind at times.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/baby-gear/cots-bassinets/cots/auction-531937683.htm

This is sort of like the one that I have brought

cute crib no doubt I really enjoy the curvature in the back!

as for diapers/nappies lol i am doing disposable!

so jealous some of you get a 12 week scan...I only get doppler...still disappointed about that...hmmm

and as for a baby shower I am 99 percent sure I will as this is my first and my mom will be so excited she will probably want to throw it all! =)

Oh no I didn't get that crib. I got the bearing set...the tweety bumper, comforter, sheet, and dust ruffle. I got a different crib set.

ohh hehhe there is my pregnancy brain kicking in! The set is cute too!! =)

Wow, Omi you do have lots of boards!:thumbup:

Snowflakes - is your baby board still secret? Sorry if you've already said - don't have the energy to go reading back!

My address is https://pinterest.com/derialc1

I'm an obsessive list maker so Pintrest appeals to me. :haha: It can be really useful though, for example when family ask what DS might like for Christmas I can send them the board with toys he should like on it. Plus, when I go and buy the nursery I am just going to print the board off and tick it off as I go around Ikea.

12 weeks today!! So exciting. Woke up with a headache and kind of stuffy head, so I'm taking what I like to call a "Julie day" and staying home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->