Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Almost, I think you will be fine. You may feel some cramping and pulling now anyway because this is when things are lifting up from behind your pelvic bone. I feel some pulling it seems at the beginning of every week and today I felt some as well. If there is no bleeding I don't think you should worry. Does it feel like you just may have strained something or like af cramps? If it's like what you normally feel after heavy lifting, just in the vaginal area, I wouldn't worry. You have muscles there too and they can become strained like any other.

Christie...beans are a good source of protein. What about soy? You could always ask about maybe 2 eggwhites or something like that. I'm not a vegetarian so these are the few things I know of.

Almost, don't worry - I got the same at about 10 weeks after lifting.. my desk. Called MW and she told me to take it easy!

Christie, I'm a vegetarian and my MW just told me to eat healthy. (i'm also lactose intolerant, allergic to seafood & mildly coeliac (yes, im lucky!) Lots of fruit (esp apples and citric fruits), vegetables that are fresh. Protein wise she told me to eat.. Almonds. There are no peanut allergies in my immediate family (parents, brothers, sisters) as well as beans, spinach and broccoli. We use quite a lot of.. everything on that list and everything is just fine. I have been told about the tearing too but she a weekly swimming session or aquanatal class should solve the problem :)

I'm also a vegetarian and just doing my best to eat lots of beans, whole grains, and eggs. My midwife wasn't concerned.

Almost - I'm sure you will be fine, but no more lifting!

Christie - How about spirulina? That is safe for pregnancy and an amino packed protien. Nuts are good too.

I had some more spotting tonight. This was the first time in a long time and it was more than the first time. It just really bummed me out because I thought it had stopped. I have been having trouble breathing and my doctor said it is because I have been on rest and need to start walking to keep my heart and lungs healthy, but I am on rest from OB because of the spotting. I just have this bad feeling now. I have an appointment with OB on Monday and NT scan on Tuesday, so I hope everything is still okay...

the doctor called me today and said he wants me to come in to get another ultrasound in two weeks so he can see how the baby is progressing, and not to worry about anything. he apologized again for yesterday. so i thought that was nice and i get to see the baby even sooner.

MissA-I hope the spotting stops soon!

Ladies-thanks for the reassurance-I really needed it! I am a worrier in general, so now that i am pregnant after IVF I just get even more nervous and worried about things....still crampy, still slightly nervous, but feeling a tad better!

Jess glad the lifting did not harm baby for you...I just felt like an idiot immediately after doing it-my common sense was a bit clouded I suppose! I did think it was light enough, but the cramps are telling me otherwise!!

Well, on a pos. note-2nd tri tomorrow...12 weeks =) I will ask my doctor Tuesday what she considers 2nd tri out of curiosity...wish my "12 week apt" was tomorrow, not tuesday when I am almost 13 weeks, but oh well, it is what it is!!!

I am a vegetarian and midwives and my GP's have always said that vegetarian tend to understand what they are eating better and thus they have less worries about caring for them in pregnancy. :thumbup: I definitely do not eat eggs anywhere near everyday and never have and now have a perfectly healthy (more so than a lot of kids) two and a half year old vegetarian son...so I am not worried. :shrug:

My headaches and migraines are really annoying me now. I have deadlines this weekend and DH has promised he will help out more so I can get work done. I am hoping that less stress will improved the migraines at the very least. The main problem is that a full on migraine makes it hard to actually get the work done.

Sw33tp3a, I am glad your doctor is being good about it all.

Bah, I'm struggling to sleep since I got back from hospital. It's 6.30am and I can't even lie down without feeling sick, nevermind falling asleep.

Hey girls,

Jess - sounds miserable, hope you managed to nod off...:sleep:

MissA - so sorry the spotting is back and about the shortness of breathe. You're stuck in a bit of a vicious circle it seems... Did your OB say anything about what to do if the spotting started again? I'm sure all is fine but I know it's worrying :hugs:

Almost - it's funny you should ask that because yesterday I helped the kids move a trolley full of laptops and immediately afterwards I knew I shouldn't have... My abdomen felt quite tight for a few hours and I was worried too but it's stopped now. I'm sure all is absolutely fine but looks like we both have to start thinking more before we do things!!! :dohh:

Sweetpea - yay for getting an earlier scan!!

Snowflakes & Almost - congrats on 12 weeks!!! I agree, knowing when to start the second trimester is confusing!! :wacko:

Sorry everyone is feeling so blah. Hope you all are doing better.

I believe once you hit 12 weeks that is considered 2nd tri. It also starts your 13th week of pregnancy. Week one is days 1-6. Week 2 is days 1-1+6...and so on. I think that's why people get confused. Yes you've hit the 12 week mark, but it also begins your 13th week of pregnancy.

Glad I am not the only one with silly pregnancy brain getting! That must have been it right? LOL

I am a plum, so excited!!!! 1 week until announcement, and less than a week until I hear baby on doppler!!!!

I just called my OB's office to let them know and the nurse was either really busy or just tired of me calling. She said she will talk to the Dr. and call me later. Oh well, I go in Monday, so they will probably just see me then. I will just rest until then I guess. I just wish I could stop worrying about it - like maybe fall asleep now and wake up on Monday? lol

Happy plum week almost! :)

We aren't going to tell anyone for another 3 weeks or so. So far our Mom's know and my best friend. That's it. Prolly when I am 16 weeks and my boss gets back from Mat leave I will let the cat out of the bag. I will tell the family then too. I plan to do an announcement picture for FB. I want to def make sure everything turns out OK when I stop my Progesterone soon before I say anything.

2nd tri depends on how you break the trimesters up. I am going to go by Gestation which is at 13weeks 3days for 2nd tri. Here is a great website that explains it quite nicely and better than I can!! https://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

Hope the spotting goes away soon Miss A!

Almost - I think everything is ok in there. I lift my 16 pd dog everyday! And I know my cousin lifted her toddler all the time who was prolly like 25pds.

Great news Sweetpea!

Can't help with the veggie thing! I am a full on meat lover! Sorry gals!

AFM, getting super nervous about NT scan/bloods tomorrow. Got a busy day today so I think it will help to keep my mind off things. I am finding it harder and harder to find baby these days on the doppler. Baby moves around alot - little squirmy thing! I find HB than bam baby moves! Must not like it! But mama needs her reassurance!!

Second Midwife Center appointment today! Hope to hear The Professor's heartbeat again.

We've had little code names since we found out: Poppy (Poppyseed), Johnny (Appleseed), Sweetpea (uh, Sweet Pea haha), Lil' Blue (Blueberry), Razzmatazz (Raspberry), Ollie (Olive), Pru (Prune), Limey (Lime), and now The Professor (Professor Plum). Next week is The Princess (Princess Peach!).

After my appointment, I'm sending this announcement around the office email . . .

https://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8965/announcementj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We'll also use it for Facebook, after the holiday!

My husband insisted that the cats were in our announcement. :p He's such a goof!

Well the nurse must have just been busy I am going to the hospital for a scan at 1:30 and if everything is fine and they can do it this early my NT screening too. Say a prayer for me ladies - boy I can't wait to be out of this first trimester

Super cute Walker!! Once I get my announcement all done - I'll have to post it too!!

Miss A - So happy for the US today. You'll have to come on here and let me know what to expect for tomorrow!! Maybe I won't be so nervous!!

Walker, cool way to announce it! How is everyone else going to announce it? Decided on anything yet? I can't believe we're all almost in second trimester already. Time flies!

MissA, Some spotting in pregnancy can be normal. I had a freak out moment when I bled at 7 weeks and after so many miscarriages I thought it was it.. especially since it was more like a period! I've been spotting on and off the whole time but having the doppler and listening to LO's heart beat everyday reassures me that she's OK. I hope the doctor calls you back though and if it's anything to worry about, you can sort it out!

In regards to the trimester mix up.. 12 weeks is really 2nd trimester. It is the start of the 13th week of pregnancy if that's how you want to think about it but even when I was at the hospital, the doctor said 'Well done on the 2nd tri, you've finally made it here!' (She knows me as I seen her every time I went in for my mc's and she was there this time when I was getting hydrated :)) So 12 weeks it is.

AFM, I managed to fall asleep around 9am and woke up around 3pm. The cyclizine injections I'm getting are easing off the sickness a little - well, the vomiting part of it really. Instead of throwing up 20+ times a day I managed to go only about 3-4 times yesterday, but boy, my arm hurts from them. It's an injection to the muscle and I feel like someone has been constantly punching my arm, it's dead! But it is better than the vomiting. I still feel sick 24/7 but I manage to eat a little more without throwing it back up so for that, thank god for the injections! I do have to stay well hydrated and will have to have more drips to keep me at it.

I have to say, the hospital helped me so much. Staying hydrated definitely helps sickness.

Hope all are well! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->