Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

In the UK it is the NT or NT+ at 12 weeks. Mine is tomorrow and it will be my first scan. I was offered an earlier scan as well with my son due to a history if MC's but I declined it because I hate internal scans, it would not change anything (to check for MMC not already having bleeding or anything), and you often can't see much that early anyway. Then we get one at 20 weeks and if we are lucky it is just those two. I had a lot of extra ones in the end of the second trimester and the third with DS but that was because I was high-risk and I would much rather have not had them and not had to have so many overnight hospital stays and a planned c-section. I am hoping this time everything will be lower risk.

In Ireland everyone gets a routine dating scan at 12 weeks but unless you're high risk you're not guaranteed any more scans after that... They also don't do any screening tests in the hospital unless there's family history etc If you want anything like that done you've to pay extra and go to a private clinic.

Edit:
Been looking up nub predictions. These 2 sites are really good - loads of photos!

Girl
https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/26427.aspx

Boy
https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/26426.aspx

In-gender is a great site to explain the nub theory, I looked there when I had DS. I think I am getting better at guessing them so I am hoping not to get a nub shot in my scan photo since I want to stay on team yellow.

Yeah, we're staying team yellow too but I think I might still guess!!!

Don't know if any of you remember me starting crochet a few weeks back? Well, today I finally finished my first blanket!! Took a bit longer than expected cos for ages I was too exhausted to even think about doing it but the last week I've had more energy again so I'm got it done! It's not perfect but seeing as it was my first time ever picking up a crochet needle I'm very pleased with it! Found a cute cardie online thats made using the same stitch so going to try that next. Crossing my fingers I've enough wool left over! Only got this wool because it was on sale in my local shop, was supposed to be just for practising but figure I might as well use it up now... Can't wait to buy lovely baby colours!

Here's my masterpiece!!:haha:

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q571/derialc/C32F5A09-AC78-45D4-ABDD-6ED9430970C9-3408-000004B2FE9AF7EC_zpsdeccec29.jpg

Yay on the blanket broody. I think it looks great for a first one! If I did one it probably wouldn't look nearly as nice or be that big, lol.

AFM I got the bedding on Friday. Took pics and out them in my journal. It is so cute. I was worried ordering it off amazon I wouldn't like it possibly, but I have nothing the worry about...I love it! Now I just need the furniture delivered and I can put on!

My scan next Monday is in conjunction with the genetic testing, which I don't want...the testing, not the scan. I always want a scan, lol. I can't wait to see how much of change there is!

Just checked out your photos in your journal-the bedding is so cute! I love how you wrapped the sheet around you like a dress LOL

Lol...thanks. That was all I could really think of with the fitted sheet, lol. I kept looking down at it to make sure you could see the design and turning it thinking it was upside down. I finally realized they go in all different directions, lol. Blaming it on the pregnancy brain.

Hahaha hope all are well today! I am feeling pretty good must be thanks to second tri! :)

Thanks girls for all the love on my scan pics. My U/S was for part of the NT screening. Just noticed I am under 200 days!! Yeahhh!!

I totally saw that nub too on pic #1. I was wondering if I was seeing things so I just didn't say anything. Glad I'm not the only one!! I kept referring to baby as a "He" at the scan. I think my inner conscience thinks it a boy. Hubby thinks the nub is part of baby's leg...

Super cute bedding set No doubt!

Almost - I am too have been feeling a bit more less tired and boobs a little less sore this week. But the new thing is headaches and lightening boobs!

Broody - LOVE the blankie. Super cute. Looks great. I could never do that!

GettingBroody, I love the blanket! Yey for finally finishing it! :happydance:

NoDoubt, I absolutely LOVE that bedding!! I've seen it on Amazon too and was thinking of buying it myself!

About nub theory.. I'm really not keen on them, it was completely wrong for my sisters. I generally don't like the idea of all those wives tale things that you can do. The only one that was remotely accurate for all my friends was the baking soda one. I haven't tried any of them.

How are you all ladies feeling now that you're practically in second tri? Are your symptoms easing off much? I'm finding it worse than first trimester :wacko: Especially the sickness!

I can't wait for my scan on Friday :cloud9:. I can't wait to see LO!

Gosh jess. I wish this was a more enjoyable experience for you. Did the IV help any?

The sickness is gone for me. I seem to be hungry every couple of hours unless I'm doing absolutely after a huge meal which doesn't happen often for me cause I'm constantly moving and don't like that overly full feeling.

Its harder for me to keep track of Thumper. She's so active these days. I find her and then she moves, but she stays in the same vicinity at least so vicinity just have to move the probe a bit and there she is.

My sickness has gotten better over the past two weeks but now I feel really hungry. The other night I had to get up twice for a snack.

I am not a fan of old wives tales either but the nub theory comes from the foetus development and has quite a good accuracy rating when used by someone who knows what they are doing, as in the sonographer, of around 75% at 12 weeks and up to 95% at 13. I would not believe a nub theory or a 20 week gender scan for a 100% though, I know people who were told the gender at 20 weeks and it was wrong.

Oh Jess I am so sorry to hear that, I didn't didn't think it could get any worse for you you poor thing.... I hope you get some relief soon. x

My ms is getting heaps better I can wake up hungry and not feel like I want to puke everywhere but I do still get a little ms in the evenings and the tidiness just don't want to go anywhere..

That's one reason I'm not finding out the sex. They told my mom I was a boy and that my brother was a girl. Clearly 0 for 2 in that department, lol. Plus I think it's more exciting to not find out and be surprised in delivery.

I know someone who was told a girl and had a boy. I found out with DS although bought neutral things anyway because I hate the whole idea that everything has to be pink or blue. I just want to try it the other way around this time though.

I want to find out asap for sure with my first and prob second then go team yellow with number 3 if I can push dh to 3 hehehe. But I agree about not wanting to go the all pink and all blue. Dont get me wrong, I will dress boy in blue and girl in pink, but there is other colors-my nursery will be very gender neutral =)

I have my first scan today, I'm nervous. I hope it goes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->