Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

My next appointment is December 17th unless I have more spotting. I think the only thing I have to worry about with the separation is over doing it and making it worse, so I guess the more rest I get will just help it heal. My ob said that women who get pregnant from IVF are higher risk for a lot of things, so I guess it doesn't stop with having a hard time getting pregnant in the first place. Definitly keep me posted after your next appointment. When is the big move? Are you guys going before or after Christmas? I'm sure DH wont mind doing the work as long as you and baby are healthy. My Dh works all the time and I feel bad making him help me with my stuff when I am home, but what can we do?

You are right we have to look after ourself so that we can look after the bub as that is what is important... We are booking this week for the 2nd of March but there is so much to do before then and as the OH is self employed we will leave right at the end of his financial year and I will be about 26 weeks then so a good time to fly, its funny though as the OH has never been over seas before and his first trip is moving so that will be interesting for him...
Will keep you posted and let me know how you are going a well.x Well better run (walk lol) as got a couple of things to do the prob nana nap time lol have a good day

Jess - Sorry about the diabetes! I'm really worried I'm going to end up with gestational diabetes since I have PCOS and with that comes insulin resistance so I already have borderline high blood sugar before baby even came along.

Here are my ultrasound pics. They're not the best quality but the live show was great :) I don't get the official results for a week for the nuchal scan but the dr said that based off of everything they could see today, they don't see anything that would point to down syndrome. Baby was jumping and kicking all over the place today and putting on quite a show.

Attachments

• 12+1b-small.jpg
    12+1b-small.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 12+1c-small.jpg
    12+1c-small.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 4
Cute Rae!

I swear it just doesn't seem like there's much room in there for these little beans. Amazing that they jump around like they do!

Got my prescription for ferrous gluconate (iron pills) today! Hoping that brings my counts up, and also helps with any headaches, fatigue, and hearing my heartbeat in my ears when I'm trying to sleep.

Sorry about the diabetes jess :(

Omni-YAY for the same DD!!! Wonder if we will give birth on the exact same day or not!! hahaha wonderful scan!

rae-looks like pretty good quality to me! I enjoy seeing all your scans ladies since it gives me a nice idea of what my little bean may look like too!! (not to say all scans look the exact same-but developemental and size wise!)

I go in tomorrow to hear baby on the doppler and am so excited, but still wishing I could see baby on the screen too :/ January 9th just can't come soon enough!!!

I had a scan today at 12w3d. Not for NT or anything, just cause I wanted one and could get one done for $40. My LO made the u/s tech work hard to get the shots she wanted. He was facing out, so she had to maneuver him a bit to get a profile shot. And while doing so she asked me if I wanted to know the sex. I was surprised she was offering because I had told her ahead of time that I wasn't expecting to be able to tell since it was so early. But since she volunteered, I said yes. She also told me that she usually doesn't like to take a guess this early, but he made it kind of obvious :). She printed out A LOT of pics for me so I'll just post a couple.

She told me that since I don't have a lot of padding between LO and me, that I may start to feel him soon. Nothing more than a tickle, but if I feel something around where he is, then it's probably him saying hi!

Attachments

• 12w3d.jpg
    12w3d.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 12w3d it's a boy!.jpg
    12w3d it's a boy!.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
Jess, I hope that the test results come back and say you don’t have diabetes.

Raelynn and Christie they are great scan photos. Really nice and clear. My LO#2 would not stay on her/his back long enough to take the photo from that angle.

Christie2011, that is an early prediction. Did you want a boy or girl more or not mind?

Almosthere, My 20 week scan is on the 9th of January too! I have to see my consultant after the scan to talk about the plan of care with me being high-risk. We have asked my MIL and FIL to look after DS for the appointment though because yesterday was a bit much for him. As for my due date I know I am not allowed more the 1 week overdue rather than the normal 2 weeks and the worry is that if I get pre-eclampsia again then I might have premature labour or if I get it later they will probably just plan another C-section (there are also issues with induction for a VBAC) so that is normally planned a week before the due date, so 23rd of May. Pregnancy never seems to go to plan for me so I am papering for the unexpected.

I did announce the pregnancy on facebook last night. I had a few people waiting for the photo and it was easier to share it on there than send it to everyone who knew and wanted to see it. It seems strange that it is 'out there' now.

This is silly but...only 4 more days until my ticker moves up! :happydance:

Girls - fantastic scan photos!! It amazes me that ye all saw them dancing etc when we can't feel a thing yet! So excited for mine tomorrow! :dance:

Jess - crossing my fingers the diabetes results come back clear but hope they get your blood sugar levels sorted out soon. A friend of mine doesn't have diabetes but she gets hypos if she's not careful about eating regularly and not too much junk food etc. She was pretty miserable until they figured out what was wrong and how to manage it. Hope you feel better soon, keep sleeping if that's what your body needs!

Christie - wow that's an early prediction! Congrats! Will I change you to team blue on page one or do you want to wait til it's confirmed by a later scan?

On the same note, I'll add team yellow to those of us who aren't finding out... Who are we again? - roll call for team yellow please!!:haha:

Walker - is that the medication that you can't take til after 12 weeks? My best friend was on that (she has really low iron always) and it made such a huge difference for her. Hope it does the same for you!

Jess, MissA and Two - so sorry you are all on restriction :growlmad: I agree the whole ivf thing is wierd because you do somehow end up having no sex in order to make the baby!:haha: When I was stimming I felt too uncomfortable to want to bd and then after the procedure there was weeks of progesterone pessaries so no bd'ing then either! Strange life! :wacko:

Afm, plum today!! Love looking at all our tickers! Feels like just yesterday we were all just poppyseeds and 2nd Tri seemed like aaaaaages away! Can't believe how far we've come! :dance:

I hope that you have a good scan tomorrow GettingBroody.

I am staying on team yellow.

Staying on team yellow this time seems strange and I feel like I am going to have to put a lot of effort into not finding out.

The pregnancy so far has gone really quick but there is something about having the 12 week scan that has made it feel more 'real' and now it feels like time is going slowly already. :wacko:

Christie, yey! I hope she was right and you'll have a little boy! :D

Lovely scan pictures, I'm jealous! :haha: It is strange that they're jumping around and we can't even feel the slightest thing!!

Walker, I hope you feel better soon with the iron supplement!

My results came back inconclusive :dohh: So repeat test tomorrow morning :wacko: there seems to definitely be a problem with my blood sugars, that the doctor said is a 100% but what's exactly happening, they don't know yet. I really hope it's not diabetes! :( I don't think I could handle that on top of everything else that's going on.

As for the gender.. we're finding out in less than a month now! :happydance: 11th of December can't come soon enough!

Yay for the scan Christie and that you already know the sex...wow!

Yay for being a plum broody!

I have my testing on Monday which will include a scan. Can't wait to see my little jumping bean. I hope she stays still long enough to get some good shots, but I also want to see her moving around in there. I know she is an active little thing already. That's me cause the hubbs is such a couch potato, lol. At least I'll have a get out and go partner in so many years, lol.

I'm good with being on team blue. Can always change it later if the next scan disagrees. I didn't have any preference as to boy or girl. Just healthy was all I wanted.

omgsh omni that is soo awesome-we can both announceo n bnb the same day if you change your mind to not being team yellow anymore LOL it seems like eons away doesnt it? next year? haha

well ladies you are strong for being team yellow, good for you!!!

I am off for my 12 week apt and get to meet the doctor who will be delevering my baby, so a bit nervous-just hope all goes well and I can click with her!! as well as dh! I get to listen to my little miracle baby, I am SO excited for that!!! It is not until 4:30 though, so leaving work 2 hours early to go home, change, shower, get dh and off to the doctors, yay!

I hope that the appointment goes well and you like your doctor almosthere.

I am really going to try to stay on team yellow. It will be harder with DH knowing but I want to try it both ways and see what all the fuss it about.

My gender scan is on January 3rd and I totally need to know! Part of me wants a boy and the other part wants a girl, so I will be happy either way.

Good Luck Almost!

I've gone with a group of MW, so I don't know who will be there when I deliever. I'm not really someone who needs to bond with whoever will be delievering my baby, I just need to know they are competent. I researched the hospitals in my area and decided that I did not want to deliever at the hospital my current (or rather, now former) practice used, so I had to select a new one. There are 7 different MW at this practice (and doctors if needed). The hospital has a better than good/average rate of infant survival so that was more important to me. Especially after watching my sister go through hell in her delivery. The hospital she ended up using has a lower than average rating, but she didn't know that ahead of time.

Just a word of advice for you all. Make sure someone checks if your baby is breech or not BEFORE you are told you have to push. My sister was just about ready to start pushing when the doctor FINALLY took notice that her baby was breech, so she had an emergency c-sect and it didn't go well. Could have been because her baby was 10 lbs too though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->