Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

I have felt flutters and kicks are starting, but I usually only feel kicks once a week if I am lucky!

I feel him move a few times every day, but nothing very strong or consistent yet. That's normal, right?

I think so walker. They are definitely getting harder, but still not the full blown kicks and I'm feeling a lot more than I used to. I think a pattern is good further along. I normally feel them the most when I wake and when I'm going to bed, probably cause I'm most relaxed then, but I feel them throughout the day as well.

Walker - I have days where he's super active and other days that he just must sleep all day. Or is positioned where I can't feel him. Today must be a sleepy day for both of our boys. I haven't felt him kick at all today... just got a small amount of the tickles and that's about it. I think it's normal for this stage.

Yay for everyone been pretty much half way it's so exciting.

Scan went well today, though Leo wouldn't give us a good shot of his spine, everything looked good. I've got a VERY tall and wee endowed boy! His leg length was off the charts, well over the 95th percentile. He currently weighs about 12oz.

Attachments

• 19w6d 3D.jpg
    19w6d 3D.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 19w6d ITS A BOY.jpg
    19w6d ITS A BOY.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 19w6d profile.jpg
    19w6d profile.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7
Omg Christie, that first one is just amazing! You are gonna have tall man towering over you when he's all grown up. Glad that everything went well!

I rear an article earlier about taking tour placenta in capsule form after you deliver. Had anyone hear of this or read anything about it. They say it helps with post partum depression and the baby blues. I'd never heard such a thing. The link I saw showed the entire process from cooking to grinding to putting it in capsules. Apparently some women do this. I don't know that I could.

Love love love the pic christie. Very cute.

No doubt I have not heard that and I would so not be able to do that at all, the placenta freaks my OH out lol

I have heard of eating the placenta afterwards. I guess it's also supposed to help slow/stop the bleeding afterwards too. I could never do that though. Even if it was in a pill form.

wow christie the scan shots are wonderful! glad he is healthy!! I have a nice wee wee shot too-will have to post once I get it on my computer!! lol my boy is 11 ounces so close in size to yours!

Dont know about there but the Maori's will take the placenta home and plant a tree and bury it there, its some very ancient tradition

Great photos of your little man Christie! Love the 3d one of his face!

I have heard about eating the placenta too. My acupuncturist had a leaflet about it and I was intrigued so looked up more when I got home. https://placentabenefits.info/articles.asp You can eat it fresh in things like smoothies(!) or have it dried, ground down and made into capsules (which is the only way i could even imagine taking it!) but I don't think that's supposed to be as beneficial. The benefits are supposed to be great (quicker recovery time, more energy, helps breastfeeding, combats post-partum depression etc) but I'm still not sure I could do it! Plus, I will be giving birth in a big university hospital and I'm sure the drs would look at me as if I had two heads if I told them that I wanted the placenta back to eat it! Maybe in a smaller more natural type of birthing centre it would be less unusual!:shrug:

It was interesting to read about it. But then I saw it being prepared and everything and just was like shocked, mouth hanging open. Just didn't know what to think. Plus that thing is huge! I never would have thought it was as big as it was full term but holy crap!

Sorry but my stomach cant handle this conversation although I respect all decisions as to what to do with the placenta-I have read about one culture who burries it.

I hope all are doing well-I am so excited we are about 1/2 way there give or take. You ladies are great and I can't wait to share the other half of my first pregnancy with you all!!

I'm so excited too! My preg tracker said the weight is about to start coming on quick cause the baby is gonna start gaining fat. So excited about getting a little chubbums, but not about me getting chubbums, lol. I can't wait for third tri now!

Gender scan on the 21st!

No doubt - Haha Chubbums! 10 days for you! I have only heard of placenta being made into a smoothie after. A girl on blog was talking about it and had a recipe. I will kindly pass.

Christie - There is no doubt that you are having a not so little man!! Ha! Great pics!! Soooo clear!!

Ugh. My back is achy today. I don't want to be at work. I just want to be home on the couch resting. So tired. Haven't been sleeping well the past few weeks.

I put his weight into in this fetal percentile calculator and it told me he was in the 101-102 percentile! I wonder if my due date will be changed. I'll have to ask my MW on the 22nd. I'll also have to ask her if and what she thinks about inducing early. Not looking forward to birthing a 10lb baby!

https://www.baby2see.com/medical/charts.html

I'm sort of glad he is big since I'm about 2lbs ahead of schedule for the top weight gain estimate for me. I'll just blame the extra pounds on my big Leo :winkwink:.

I was wondering how our baby boy was measuring up. That website is awesome. He was 7oz at 17 weeks. Seems like he's measuring a bit ahead as well for weight. She said based off all the other measurements he was between 17w and 17w5d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->