Summer Sensations! (due May/June 2013)

Just back from my check up and the doc thinks that I have more of an abdominal muscle pull than round ligament pain. I like this guy. He actually did some pushing and pressing and whatnot to find out exactly where the pain was coming from. Once he found it he said that wasn't my uterus, it was more my side. He also said that the fibroid I have is a pretty decent size and it's on my right side as my pregnancy develops it may grow and cause for pressure to be exerted on some nerves. I never really thought this was round ligament pain but just believed what the docs said. I always thought it was more from the hip and he said he was wondering if it was more hip as well. So I'm glad that I talked to him this go round and he was a bit more thorough. Plus he delivers so I think I will stick with him. Only almost 20 weeks in and I found my doctor! LOL.

Happy 20 weeks Snow and Christie!

So.. our pink bump turned.. VERY blue today! :haha: What a surprise!

Haha, I was so shocked!!

We haven't bought anything pink/blue but MIL and my parents have! Thankfully, they can return it all! Everything I have is gender neutral, thankfully!!

It was a surprise but a nice one really, we're both happy as long as our little boy is healthy! :)

Oh, the bowels are sorted now! Things are progressing well though I'm expecting labor from 30 weeks onwards as the stitch isn't gonna last too long, the latest he will be here will be 35 weeks due to pelvis problems and severe SPD (hence I've been quiet on here really) Pre-eclampsia seems to be making an appearance now too so I'm getting very closely monitored. I still haven't technically put on any weight. I lost 26lb all together and I've gained 2lb back in the last week or so.. All in all, we're both doing well and I'm so excited to meet him now!

Yay! Glad everything is working out hun. And you already have a name. Well the grandparents should have fun shopping again, lol. How is the sickness...any better?

My Midwife appointment went well today! My blood pressure was a little low, but otherwise fine. She also went over my ultrasound results with me more and let me know my placenta is anterior, so no wonder I'm only feeling things a few times a day! Good to know (surprised the ultrasound technician didn't tell me).

Wow Jess, I can't believe you've turned into another :blue:!!!! Surely that must mean the rest of us are having girls?! Otherwise this has to be the most gender-imbalanced thread ever!!

Delighted all is looking well with your lo Jess. I bet the time between now and meeting him will fly by!

NoDoubt - thats great that the dr was thorough and was able to give you some answers. :thumbup: Did he give you some ideas for relieving the pain?

Walker - that's good to know about the anterior placenta, it'll prevent you from worrying if you're not feeling kicks too often. Glad the apt went well!

Snowflakes - I'm not sleeping too well these nights either. :sleep: I'm spending the night tossing from one side to the other and every time I turn over I wake up. Bump feels very heavy at night and legs are really achy and crampy too... And I'm sure it's only going to get worse from now on!! All absolutely worth it though!:thumbup:

Nothing really to relieve the pain. He said maybe physical therapy or to just wait it out. I think I'll just wait it out as it seems to be getting better.

Cute bump christie!

walker-glad all went well-we both have anterior-here's to hoping they move back where they belong truly! LOL. I want to feel baby move more-and I want DH to be able to feel baby soon!!!

Christie-what a cute wee bump-I posted mine in my journal-i feel huge already!!

How funny jess-congrats on being with us on team blue!!

Hope everyone else is well! I am very achey and feeling the pelvic pressure very low down-and I am pretter sure it is baby kicking when I get bad pain like a foot is kicking my vagina! OUCH! Like it is trying to push through,,,I wonder if it is possible that baby is hitting my cervix?! No idea. If this feeling of achey pelvic pressure continues my dr. said it could be a uti or something similar and to go back to get checked...

Glad everyone is doing well! :) Ah, we are probably the most imbalanced group on BnB! We seriously need some girls in here! :haha:

No Doubt, my sickness hasn't gone yet and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere. I'm on IV fluids a few times a week and still on a bunch of different meds. I have been pre diagnosed with Pre eclampsia as my blood pressure is high and they say that at any moment in the next few weeks it is likely to turn into it. My left kidney is still failing and I'm battling SPD, I've been on crutches the last few weeks and it's only getting worse - at my next consultant appointment (for SPD and pelvis problems) if this doesn't ease or stay the same, I'm gonna be put in a wheelchair - not happy!

Almost - I keep getting kicked in the cervix and I get the same pains you're describing, it was even confirmed at the scan today! UTIs are common in pregnancy so it could be an option.

Christie, you look lovely! What a pretty bump!

Walker, anterior placenta sucks, my friend had it and she barely felt any movements until 28/29 weeks! It does often move around though at this time so chances are you'll feel more - so I've been told!

Getting, sleeping while pregnant sucks! It is so damn uncomfortable even with pregnancy pillows and all sorts of other things. I toss and turn every night!

Oh, yeah, about Jaspers bowels - it's all looking like it should now! They've gone back in and it looks good! There is a chance they still might pop out until his stomach fully closes up (he has a hole in his left side) but doctors said that it's rare and usually by the time they're born you can't even tell they've had that problem!

All in all - he's a very healthy, BIG baby! He's weighing more than he should on every appointment - today, they estimated him at 530 grams!! But they did say that now it's the time when they start to gather up and put on fat so I guess that could be it!

Wow Jess sorry you have been and still are having such a ruff time and hope that the bowl thing with your little man works out well. It's good that he is healthy all in all. Hope you can catch a break soon hun you are such a strong person.x

^^wss Jess!^^ It's fantastic how positive you sound every time you post. I think if I had to deal with all that you've had to I'd be curled up in a ball of self-pity!!!!

Christie - fab bump! All our bumps are really going to start growing from now on!!

Thanks ladies. I'm surprised myself I sound positive, lol. For the past few weeks all I've been doing is crying. It's been a fair few weeks since I started counseling and I think it has really helped me loads. I actually feel so attached to our little one now. I think I only manage to stay positive as he's doing really well and well.. I'll recover after the birth - I know it, just a few more weeks to go and it'll all be over!

Two, how are you doing? How's everything?

Almost I've recently started getting the same kind of kicks and the low down pressure. I think it's normal too. And I know they just tested me for pretty my much everything and all is fine.

Jess wow. You really are very positive. I had no idea some of that was going on. I definitely think the connection you have with your little man helps. I'm so glad that you at least feel better about that and that therapy seems to be helping.

See-I dont get why they didnt test me then and there for a uti nodoubt! but I have found articles online saying it is normal-so I am not worrying about it.

Sorry to hear others are getting the same pain in the vag as me! LOL

So today it seems I'm sick :-( Ugh! Sore throat, cough and hot eyes (if ye know what I mean!) Trying not to take any meds so I've been guzzling honey all day. Just gave in and took a paracetemol but not sure that one is going to make any difference... Curled up in front of the fire now watching some random chick flick :D Bed early tonight I think!:sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->