Super confused about HPT

PJS1982

Reaction score
Ok ya'll!

I have been feeling off. Nothing screaming PREGNANT at me, but definitely different. So, this morning, I decided to try an opk just to see what the fuss was about. It wasn't pos, but it was definitely darker than my opk's have been pre ovulation. So, I thought What the heck! and took my last remaining wondfo hpt. I was stupid and let the hpt dry next to the opk because I thought I saw a line forming, but wasn't sure so set it next to the opk to see if they were in the same spot. Big no no, I know. Well, my hpt came out positive. The most positive wondo I've ever had (quite a few chemical pregnancies under my belt). So I'm wondering, what exactly do false bfps from being too close to opks look like? Below, a pic of my hpt about 4 hours after I took it. I threw it out thinking BAH! It was a false bfp, but then my friend said she *thinks* false bfps look funky and just wrong. So please, any insight! DH is runnign to get me a few frer right now. I'm about 9DPO today and AF isn't due till next Monday (the 15)

Attachments

• IMG_8668.jpg
    IMG_8668.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 65
I see the line hun. Sorry no experience with that brand or HPTs being too close to OPKs but I would agree with your friend - I would imagine you might see some kind of dye run or not enough colour to it? Hope hubby gets home quickly!

At least I know I'm not crazy! haha This pic was taken at the 3 minute mark for both tests.

Attachments

• IMG_8674.jpg
    IMG_8674.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 46
Looks so positive to me! Fingers crossed

I've had a nurse caution me about the same (placing a still-wet test next to an OPK or another hpt for line placement reference due to runs), but that looks legitimately positive to me!

Results are in! This is so crazy to me because I haven't gotten a bfp this dark this early ever. I'm still really cautious because, as I've said I'm no stranger to chemical pregnancies and we lost our little girl to T18 at 13 weeks last June. But, I feel hopeful!

Attachments

• IMG_8683.jpg
    IMG_8683.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 31
Holy cow! That looks like a nice strong one. :D I bet this one sticks!!!

Wow congratulations! I can't even imagine how it feels to get a BFP. I have all the hope in the world that this one sticks for you! :) YAY YAY YAY!!!

Holy cow! That looks like a nice strong one. :D I bet this one sticks!!!

Oh, me too!! I am praying this is my rainbow! I hope I can graduate to the First Tri board and I hope to see you there with me, asap!

Wow congratulations! I can't even imagine how it feels to get a BFP. I have all the hope in the world that this one sticks for you! :) YAY YAY YAY!!!

Thank you! I hope so much that you get your bfp! <3

Yaaaay! Congratulations! That looks lovely and strong for 9dpo!

Do ya'll think I might be able to pull of a bfp on a digi with a line like that? My chemicals, I never got positive Digitals, so that's my goal.

UPDATE :) Took my second FRER just now and it's definitely getting darker. Something I have not seen in quite a while!

Attachments

• IMG_8704.jpg
    IMG_8704.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
I'd say YES, a digi should be fully capable of picking it up. Lines like those look like good, strong hcg levels! No squinters there! :D

Last night I had a purple/pinkish mauve spotting that turned brown with mild AF cramping and I figured it was all over. But my tests today are even darker than before. I'm confused. If it was another cp, wouldn 't my tests be faint and fading before I started bleeding? I know it can't be a clinical miscarriage before 6 weeks, so this isn't making much sense to me. Anyone have any experience with this? I asked in the Pregnant after a Loss board but they don't seem very active? Or at least no one answers my posts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->