Super confused about HPT

Spotting in the first trimester is extremely common (25-30% of pregnancies). My sister had it with all three of her successful pregnancies. :) If it turns red, or you begin to see tissue in there, that's when it becomes truly worrisome. You should let your doctor know, though, so they can keep an eye on you.

Thank you. I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's a bit scary. I emailed my dr, the nurse wrote me back saying how sorry she was but would pass my message along to my dr. I sent a picture of the tests progressing, but I think the nurse automatically assumes miscarriage with my history? She said she had no idea about what the brown spotting could mean, which i found strange. Was your sister's spotting accompanied by light AF cramping and dull back ache? I'm still spotting. sometimes very very faint and sometimes like a very light tan with some brown tiny pin head sized crumbles which I'm assuming is just cm? This is so frustrating!

Here's my test progression. Bottom is from this morning. I feel like I'm losing it :dohh:

Attachments

• IMG_8794.jpg
    IMG_8794.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
They look great to me! I don't know what her other symptoms were -- just that she spotted during the first tri with all three, but also was put on progesterone for the latter two, just in case (she had a MAJOR history of MC and lost seven before she had her three stickies).

I spotted with my most recent chemical, but the lines were super faint to begin with, and only got darker for a day or two before almost disappearing completely.

I'm so sorry for both of your losses. :(

That is the pattern for my chemicals, as well. faint faiiiint bfp that never truly gets darker and then disappears after 2-3 days then AF starts right on time, a little heavier and longer but "normal" otherwise. My 13 week loss, i had slowly darkening hpts, good betas, but she measured a week behind from the start, then two weeks behind and was 6w by the time i was actually 8w. I had no symptoms with her other than a lot of weight gain early on. Pregnancy is so scary.

I had a thought, while I'm waiting for my OB to get back to me. She has had me on baby aspirin 81mg. I have a history of preeclampsia with my 3 live births and then the multiple chemicals, she said that after my amh and fsh showed normal, i may have some undectable clotting disorder, try aspirin etc etc. Could THAT be causing my spotting? I know it thins the blood, but I had a thought that maybe something that would have been a tiny bleed that might have gone unnoticed turned into a bigger uglier thing because of the aspirin?

HI PJS1982! I just wanted to drop by to offer a bit of reassurance. I found out I was pregnant at 4 1/2 weeks right around the time my period was due. I started spotting a pinkish brown two days later that lasted about 30 hours. Spotting around the time your normal period would have started is actually very common, and not something you should be overly stressed about, unless it turns bright red and gets heavier. Good luck! I do hope everything turns out well for you. :)

HI PJS1982! I just wanted to drop by to offer a bit of reassurance. I found out I was pregnant at 4 1/2 weeks right around the time my period was due. I started spotting a pinkish brown two days later that lasted about 30 hours. Spotting around the time your normal period would have started is actually very common, and not something you should be overly stressed about, unless it turns bright red and gets heavier. Good luck! I do hope everything turns out well for you. :)

Thank you so much!! :hugs: Mauve pink is considered normal, as well?

I've heard that it's just the bright red bleed that is really problematic, or tissue, or a lot of pain. I might put a pause on the aspirin, though, because it thins the blood, as you mentioned.

Yes, so long as you are not bleeding bright red (though some woman do experience some red bleeding) and It's not getting heaver then it's fairly common. With me It was there whenever I would wipe, but it was never enough to stain my underwear.

Yes, so long as you are not bleeding bright red (though some woman do experience some red bleeding) and It's not getting heaver then it's fairly common. With me It was there whenever I would wipe, but it was never enough to stain my underwear.

That is all I have. When I wipe and it's very faint. More like tinged tan.

I've heard that it's just the bright red bleed that is really problematic, or tissue, or a lot of pain. I might put a pause on the aspirin, though, because it thins the blood, as you mentioned.

I'm going to ask my OB if the aspirin every other day is ok instead or if there is something else I can take because the stress of this can't be good.

You ladies are so wonderful! I appreciate your responses so so much

Well, when it happened to me, I was sure I was loosing my baby too so I know how you feel. Just try to stay calm, and congrats! You should go introduce yourself in the first trimester forums. :)

I just wanted to say I also spotted with my DD at around 7 weeks. And had lots of early pregnancy cramping, but my pregnancy was totally fine. It is hard not to worry though!

Morning girls :) My spotting has been almost non-existent for about 12 hours now and nothing whatsoever since 4:30 this morning! FX all is well! Thanks so much for listening <3

Glad to hear it let up, PJS!

hi just dropping by and wanted to say re your bleeding it could have maybe been some implantation bleeding?

Congrats on your bfp! x

Glad to hear the spotting has spotted. I definitely see progression in your lines :)

I spotted/had light flow for nearly the full first tri when I was pregnant with my son. I had a few early scans because of it and they showed that the bleeding was due to a blood clot in my uterus (it wasn't dangerous but they just kept an eye to make sure it was breaking down). With my chemical I actually passed grey matter first, which my doc said would have been the embryo, and then started bleeding a few days later.

I'm still having random brown spotting. My OB wants me to come in for betas wed and fri. My test line is now significantly darker than the control so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I'm still really worried as I've read quite a few stories where the brown discharge lead up to a full on bleed and miscarriage. My OB sadly isn't very helpful and can't give me any suggestions as to why I'm having this. I'm having long periods of time with nothing but clear watery cm and then randomly I'll wipe and I'll have creamy brown with dark brown stringy bits in it. I have no cramping, just backache but more like I slept wrong feeling, not crampy backache. I also have been having a really heavy feeling in my uterus randomly, but no cramping or throbbing. Just like it's full and then it goes away. I don't have that "feeling of impending doom" that I've had with my previous losses, but still don't feel very optimistic.

I had the thought that since my uterus is retroverted, maybe my IB I had on 8dpo took all this time to come out. Usually after AF, I have this same exact brown discharge for 5-8 days and my OB explained it away as my retro-ute and being that it leans backwards, the blood pools and takes some time to completely finish out. I'm really hoping that is what's going on here. The anxiety is making me crazy.

That could very well be it. There are other possible causes that could have no effect on the viability of your pregnancy, too. I know it's hard, but just try to relax and stay optimistic. :)

Me? Just trying to hang in there. 3dpo, got a ways off before I can start POAS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->