Super hungry at 4 weeks pregnant?

Rachel89

Reaction score
:wacko:I'm only 4+4 days pregnant and I am hungry all the time. I am hoping it is a temporary thing. I've already gained 4 pounds . I also find myself drinking a lot of water. I do eat healthy, no junk food.

Is this normal this early? This is baby number 2, didn't have it with ds1.

It was normal for me when pregnant with dd and it has just started yesterday for me , almost like my blood sugar is low.. I definitely remember it with dd, uncomfortable feeling and the thirst was excessive with dd, not so bad yet this time!!!!

I've had it with my DD and I have it right now, for the time being. I thought I was going to have it with DS as I was outrageously hungry then all of a sudden morning sickness hit at 7 weeks and after that I couldn't even look at or smell food!

Think I was super hungry from 7 dpo, now 5 weeks and still starving all the time. Which is not good as I've spent the last year and a half losing weight and do not want to put it all back on again. I'm at work and armed with alot of fruit in hope that it will keep the hunger pangs at bay.

x

I was like that for a few days but it's died down. If you're hungry let yourself eat, just choose healthy foods and don't forget to exercise! Fruit is healthy but I find the sugar can actually make my blood sugar swing around and make me more hungry unless I balance it with some fat and protein. Complex carbs may be better.

The fruit definitely didn't help me, and now I've run out, am starving and not leaving work for another 45 minutes. I pick my boy up from my Dads today after work so I'll see if he has any food I can steal. Definitely need to find something to snack on that is healthy and will fill me up abit more. I had a jacket potato for lunch, although it did fill me up it didn't last long.

Potatoes are actually really low calorie depending on what you put on it! Good luck filling up, enjoy the excuse to eat ;)

Think it's normal. I don't remember feeling it with DS but I have been starving this pregnancy so far. It's one of the symptoms that alerted me to begin with.

I was hungry all the time starting from about 4 weeks. It was one of my first symptoms. It's died down now, back to a normal appetite.

I am starving too!!! Not like normal hungry... Like I am ravenous!!!! And I'm only 4w2d! lol

I had this with my son, and then I got awful morning sickness and couldn't really eat for a long time, I figured it was my body's way of stocking up before the drought!

im starving too. and really thirsty and only water really will do. ive been eating more fruit and crunchy salad stuff carrots celery cucumber to slow the cab monster that i am till eat carbs of course just at normal levels.

I used to walk around with a bag of almonds on me for the last two pregnancies - will do that again this time as hunger is kicking in, and all I want is salty crisps :(

I stayed absolutely starving from weeks 4-8 and then at 8+1 it just randomly went away and now it only takes a little to fill me up and I don't really get hungry that often. It's so weird.

I am exactly the same lol I'm 4+3 and cannot stop eating lol x

Anyone else have a dull ache on there left hand side?
It's not painful just sometimes uncomfortable x

I have a little occasional ovary pain, probably from the corpus luteum. .. do you think that's what you're feeling? If so it's totally normal!!!

I was eating non stop from like 4 weeks to 7 weeks. The last 2 weeks my appetite has dropped substantially and have actually found myself eating a lot less. It's almost to the point that I have to force myself to eat because I know baby needs nutrients. I gained nearly 4lbs during the first few weeks but have actually dropped 3 in the last week. :nope:
I'm not saying you'll experience the same but the hunger feeling is totally normal! :thumbup:

Yes! Though mine is quite painful and lasts for about 20 mins. Had it happen twice so far. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->