Super Stressful Job

rebeccamc

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a super stressful job?

I am about 8 or 9 weeks and worried about the amount of stress that I face on an almost daily basis. I work as a civil engineer and most of my projects are in construction right now so we get super important questions from the contractor that all are time sensitive. So I end up working like 12 hour days and go in some weekends for a few hours.

I am just worried since everyone says that stress affects the baby and obviously I just want a healthy baby. Also I haven't told my bosses yet because I am waiting until I reach that 12 week mark.

12 hours a day? I don't know how you do it! I am currently on summer vacay (I'm a highschool teacher) and just thinking about school and early mornings makes my head spin. I am absolutely exhausted 24/7.

I got lucky in the fact that my 1st tri will be done by the time I begin teaching in sept. My advice to you would be to take your vitamins, keep hydrated, not sure if you have morning sickness or not but do keep well fed and perhaps cut back on the work during weekends. Your body is going through major changes right now and if you feel tired then you have to listen to your body. Sorry can't be of much help!

I'm with you rebecca, I am a critical care nurse and I work 12-13 hour shifts, usually only 3 days a week, well now that I'm pregnant I'm not working extra until at least the second trimester but I am on my feet pretty much the entire day(walked 14,000 steps today and it was a mild day), and my job is so stressful not only because of the nature of my job (people dying almost daily and the patients are very very sick) but because we are having issues where I work with management changes and staffing issues and everyone is miserable, morale is terrible and I just know it's affecting me. Tonight before I left I noticed a very small spot of pink on my pantyliner, first spotting I've had and it's freaking me out, because right before I helped with a very very large patient and I think that I overdid it.

I wish I could just take the next 6-7 weeks off!

I would like to hear some of the advise people give you!!

Im with you on this topic. I am managing a care home (complex needs mostly challenging behaviour) and I feel the extra pressure. I am on call half of the month, which means I have to go in if somebody calls in sick or if there is an incident etc.(luckily i have a good team) but the potential is still there. My oh wants me to go off sick and I was thinking about it but then it would make such a massive difference in our budget as oh is self employed and you never know what money he brings. I stayed at home 1 day after i found out that i was pg and i loved it - had a nice walk with dogs, did a bit of shopping, some house work, etc, but then i realized i would be worried about our finances and stress about it. so i made a choice and returned to work. the doctor told me the stress will not cause you to miscarry and that's all i wanted to hear. I try to rest a lot after work, doing lots of meditation and nice things and not to worry too much about things dont get done at home plus I put pressure on my oh that he has to help me in the house. I am worried about my pg though as i have no symptoms, I always had symptoms with previous pg, especially breast soreness and this time nothing, if i did not have the BFP I would not tell that i am pg.

My wife is a military drill sergeant lol. She had to tell them when we found out because they require it. She's currently 6w+2d. I think I worry more about the stress of her job then she does :rolleyes:

I agree with doodlegirl, I think resting well after work and taking it easy and doing things for yourself is very helpful. If I didn't work we'd barely make it, that's way more stressful than going to work!

Could you maybe do pregnancy yoga or Pilates? That's what I did when I was pregnant with my first as it really helped with the stress when I worked full time back then.

angel I was really thinking of trying the yoga, and maybe even acupuncture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->