Support/chat for ladies who wait to poas until af is due or late!

Hi Ladies how are you all today? I'm trying to "forget" about the wait and "not count". I actually want to take things really easy on myself so my emotions don't have to go on a roller coaster ride. I feel like I just want to focus on what I am doing and what is in my power to do, that is be gentle with myself regarding my thoughts and be as healthy as possible with diet etc. My one vice is coffee which I am trying to cut down on as I'm ttc but I am still dependent on one cup to get me going in the morning. Don't know if anyone has any good ideas for replacements or if it's fine to continue. To be honest I drank coffee, 1 cup, throughout my entire pregnancy with my son.

Anyway I am thinking about not testing at all, as in not spending any money on tests but booking for the doctor if I'm one week late and I guess if pregnant I assume my boobs will be sore if not then then very soon after so I'll be pretty sure. Also my af is pretty reliable so If I'm more than a week late there's a pretty good chance. So that's where I'm at at the moment.

Hope you are all well

Hi!

We've been TTC for 3 years and 7 months. I've never had a :bfp: and no idea if I've ever had a CP. The earliest I've ever tested was 12dpo (last year sometime), I usually wait until AF is late.

Last month I was tempted to test the day before AF but my temps had already started to drop so I held out and the :witch: showed the next day.

This month AF is due today or tomorrow (not sure because I skipped a few bbt's, so O date is uncertain). My cycles are usually 30 to 32 days and today is CD30. I will be testing on Thursday if AF hasn't shown...

guillaine, I'm the same, coffee is my downfall and will probably stay that way even if I'm pregnant. Luckily here in South Africa the coffee I buy is mixed with chicory so does not have as much caffeine as pure coffee.

Good luck everyone and lots of :dust: to you all!

Hi EElse, welcome to our little chat. I read your symptoms over in the AF/BFP thread and I'm super excited for you, it all sounds so promising.

Guillaine I also struggle with caffeine. I'm supposed to be 100% caffeine free but probably actually have a cuppa every third day, even every other. If there's coffee around it is so hard for me to say no! I've been drinking green tea or decaf instead sometimes, but trying not to let either of them become a daily habit either.

I know a lady who is 3 yrs TTC and gets very defensive about "200mg of caffeine a day is safe", like she was offended when i said I am avoiding all caffeine and tried to convince me not to. Actually 200mg is the upper limit before mc becomes more likely, and she's having 200mg a day no matter what plus extra when she wants to. I tried to explain to her that every drug affects everyone differently, if you look at psych meds one person may do great on just 10mg of Ritalin while another needs 60mg. Her body might be the 10mg sensitive type, for caffeine.... all those years TTC and even interventions and she hasn't even tried quitting caffeine?

Yes, it's hard, it's an old habit from living like a student and I'm kind of in "café central" here in an inner city area where it's so common and good quality. I might try to go to decaf, that way I don't have to change the habit, just yet. Some days if my son doesn't sleep well it really feels necessary, we'll see.

Oh yeah. Right now I'm in side-by-side apartment with my mum and she makes coffee every morning and can't remember not to offer me some. It's tough saying no! And I'm about to start working a morning shift in a locally sourced gourmet deli/café... so much amazing espresso to smell.. :coffee:

That sounds so delicious, I guess you'll have to resist some of the meats and cheeses too if you fall.

I ate sandwiches all through my last pregnancy, just went to the grocer 3x a week instead of once so the ingredients were always as fresh as I could manage. I'll be eating more of the soups I make than anything I think, I love soup.

I love soups too, though I need to teach my son to like them as he's not so keen. Good luck with your job, will test your willpower having all that lovely coffee to smell but maybe it will make the waiting quicker.

Well, the only two cycles I EVER got a BFP were the ones where I waited until I was late...so I shall join!

I should know by April 15

Good luck to everyone in here!

Welcome chocolate chip the more the merrier, I need all the encouragement I can get. Well, if I get to af without testing I will have a glass of red.

Hi Choco Chip! Welcome!!!

I love having you ladies here... be ready to help me out Thursday morning I'm going to be so tempted

I definitely want to join ladies. When TTC my daughter I was in a similar thread and it was a welcome refuge from all the urging to test.

According to fertility friend my cycle is on average 26 days. Last month it was 30 but that has never happened to me before and it was my first proper cycle after a miscarriage, so I'm going with 28 days which is the longest cycle prior to this which takes me to the 16th

HI Annio welcome, glad to have someone else who is keen to wait with us. By the 16th I will be over a week late so I should know by then too.

Wrapunzel, that will be my thursday afternoon I guess. Maybe a plan of "distraction"...

That's the problem, I'm starting a new job, I'm going to be up and out the door by 6:30am to start at 7am. I want so badly to have a positive test warming my heart while I'm there but I know it's a bad idea. I'm not properly late yet by LMP, just by my OPK. Af is due Friday according to LMP, will try to hold out to test Sunday. I feel utterly normal apart from extra hungry, bouts of nausea. No cramps I usually have 2-3 days before af

Wrapunzel, Well, that could be a good distraction, though tricky to hold off. I'm not paying to much heed to symptoms anymore. I seem to fluctuate a lot (cp goes up and down in a matter of hours like a yoyo I've noticed) and I think awareness seems to increase them.

Good luck with the new job.

You know this may be weird but I actually like Rapunzel as a name.

Awareness increases them for you? That's great. I've noticed it as well, as well as my cp/cm fluctuating. I really need to look into a more in depth method like Creightons

Haha no I'm into super weird old names, Rapunzel is gorgeous! with the nickname Nellie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->