Support/chat for ladies who wait to poas until af is due or late!

Hi everyone,

How's your ttw? I am 8dpo, and this cycle has been less stressful than last.

Pennies it sounds difficult all those unknowns. I concur, I made a similar choice this time around, not noticing as many symptoms and just focusing on living. I am suspending my attachment to either hope or despair, to the result, and I think it's healthy for me. That way I can enjoy this process and respect myself by not deluding myself into believing things that are not real. I hope you don't have to wait long.

:hugs: Pennies, I hear you. It is so difficult to get your hopes up and have them come crashing down. And you're a hero for TTC through those long cycles. Try to focus on a state of zen acceptance if you can. See your period (if she comes, which I hope she won't!) not as a sign that you failed this month, but a new chance to try next month, you know?

I was waiting to test a couple of days, but AF showed up today. on to cycle 6

Sorry hopefulone, hope af :witch: is gentle with you and :dust: for a lucky cycle 6!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to give an update. AF still hasn't shown (was due Thursday 30 March) but I'm still assuming that I was wrong on which day I ovulated so I'll go with the last day I had fertile CM, which was CD29 (Monday 27 March) which puts me now at 7dpo. This cycle is really weird as I never have 40+ day cycles.

I'm going to my sisters for Easter so I'll wait until Wednesday 12 April to test (16dpo). If it's positive, I'll have something extra to celebrate that weekend, if not, I will still be able to look forward to the weekend because I haven't seen my sisters in months.

Good luck everyone and congrats wrapunzel, I see in your siggy you're 4w3d pregnant. H&H 9 months to you!!

Hi EElse, I was wondering when you would pop back in. Thanks for the well wishes, it has barely sunk in yet!

Sorry to hear you've got a weird cycle going on. Sounds like you will have a wonderful distraction with seeing your sisters, I hope you have fun and that the :witch: doesn't get you!

Sorry hopeful.

Good luck to you eeslse.

I couldn't help it, I caved and tested on a frer today, second pee. 10 dpo according to my symptoms. Pure white. I'm sad. It's probably a good idea to use opks I guess to be thorough about ov dates. What else can you do? ( I say rhetorically).

Hey ladies,

I am 6dpov right now, not feeling especially impatient but I don't feel all that good today, feel like I have a funny tummy, not nausea but the other type....ergh...I am not going to be up to much today. :(

Sorry about the bfn Guillaine, you still have today and tomorrow for implantation though! Not out yet

Ohhhh Natty that sucks! Feel better soon dear :hugs:

Hi I'm 7dpo and determined to wait. Mainly cause I'm sick of wasting money. Being disappointed. Convincing myself it could still be add then crying when af arrives. Its too hard :-(. So I'm due next Wed and I will not buy a test till af is late. Good luck ladies x

All the best kitkez and good luck withholding testing

I tested and I got a bfn 10dpo. Today 11dpo period like cramps but no bleeding happening, cramps come and go, cp high and soft. Super tired, I should probably write this in the symptoms thread. I guess I'm pretty much resigned to getting af early its cd25 for me usually 28 day cycle, but my tiny little hope is that there is some kind of implantation pain similar to af. Have read of others having that. Time will tell I suppose.

Hello kitkez, welcome! Woahhhh you're not even going to buy a test until you're late? That is impressive!

Guillaine, I hope those cramps are implantation and you get a nice line by the time af is due :dust:

HI thanks wrapunzel still cramping, cp very high soft and closed. Feels like af but it usually comes quicker. Will keep you posted.

I had pretty terrible cramps before my bfp, although they were not exactly like af, but they were a few days before af was due just like you!

Fingers crossed for you!

I had pretty terrible cramps before my bfp, although they were not exactly like af, but they were a few days before af was due just like you!

Fingers crossed for you!

Did you? Ok that's positive. Still no sign of af except these cramps. dpo12 tested and got bfn but was 3rd pee of the day. Just trying to remember if I had a kind of fake period before being pregnant with my son. Feels like it's starting and stalling and subsides.

Also boobs are less sore but definitely bigger as of when this pains started, which I read can be a good sign

Yeah, I was in so much pain I called my midwives and asked for an annual to discuss it :haha:

Do you have a backache at all?

Yes! I just went over to the symptoms page, very similar to your cd 24. I usually have lower backache when af arrives but it's not coming. It's aching all over middle and back, but not like something is coming down so to speak or like I'm emptying, yet anyway. I saw you had a bfn at that stage too, so I'm hopeful. A lot of women seem to have this I've read. can you explain it for yourself, late implantation would you say?

You got it exactly right with "doesn't feel like something is coming down, or like I'm emptying". The cramps were clearly in the same spot as af cramps and they hurt but not in the same way? Af is an abrasive, hot pain and this felt somehow cold and smooth. Also my usual period cramps start super mild, build in intensity for two days, then blood in the morning. These cramps came on moderate to strong and faded into a moderate to strong backache instead and of course no blood!

I didn't get my BFP until CD29 (5 days later) and it was the squintiest of squinters.

Now I'm curious about what causes implantation backache haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->