Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

Hello ladies.....Good news and bad news. Bad news first: AF got me this morning. Good news: Im so grateful I actually got her and Im not one of the women I keep reading about that go months without AF after BC. So, FX this is my cycle and now...I wait. I've decided that TTC is just a giant waiting game and Im impatient lol. BUUUUT, still grateful. Weight wise, bloat is getting me, so no loss since sunday, but Im slow and steady so I wont worry too much until AF is over. How are you guys?

My next (and first official BDing for 8 days straight) cycle is supposed to start on the 1st of February. And I'm also starting Clomid this cycle, since we did NTNP for a year and nothing happened. And I am also getting a tube dye test done on CD12

Hello all!

I had my appointment yesterday for my physical and I had also been having nausea and headaches but I was too afraid to take a test. Unfortunately I took a urine test and was told that I wasn't pregnant, so I was happy but a little bit sad. I think I'm going to continue to ttc but I want to lose weight to so that I can have a higher chance of an extremely healthy baby.

That's a great idea charizard - I've just found myself cutting back these last few days after a good day at the scales. I also read some really scary stuff on the Internet about being overweight interfering with ttc. To be honest I think it might be with us as I don't o til later, indicating more estrogen in my system due to extra weight and my lp is short, again more estrogen then progesterone. Also having more weight can mean more testosterone in ur body which doesn't help ttc. So I figure a little weight loss could go a long way, especially as doc will probably say this to me in April!

How's everyone else doing? :hugs:

My next (and first official BDing for 8 days straight) cycle is supposed to start on the 1st of February. And I'm also starting Clomid this cycle, since we did NTNP for a year and nothing happened. And I am also getting a tube dye test done on CD12
What will a tube dye test tell you?

Hello all!

I had my appointment yesterday for my physical and I had also been having nausea and headaches but I was too afraid to take a test. Unfortunately I took a urine test and was told that I wasn't pregnant, so I was happy but a little bit sad. I think I'm going to continue to ttc but I want to lose weight to so that I can have a higher chance of an extremely healthy baby.
GL with your continued weight loss journey, hopefully youre feeling better :hugs: keep us posted!

That's a great idea charizard - I've just found myself cutting back these last few days after a good day at the scales. I also read some really scary stuff on the Internet about being overweight interfering with ttc. To be honest I think it might be with us as I don't o til later, indicating more estrogen in my system due to extra weight and my lp is short, again more estrogen then progesterone. Also having more weight can mean more testosterone in ur body which doesn't help ttc. So I figure a little weight loss could go a long way, especially as doc will probably say this to me in April!

How's everyone else doing? :hugs:

Im glad you had a good day on the scale! I feel stuck, AF is making me crabby I think lol. Has anyone tried weight training instead of straight cardio for weight loss? The trainer at the gym suggested I switch up my routine as my body might be too used to it.

rockinmom, so sorry af got you :hugs:
Thanks Emmy! I dont feel too bad about not being pregnant, just trying to get used to my body being off BC, which has been interesting. Im just glad she showed up at all. Ive read some horror stories on here. Im grateful for the little things.

Rockin I've heard that switching ur activity keeps ur body guessing and burns more calories and tones more. I'm getting dh involved as it improves his health too! :happydance: af makes me crabby and my boobs go up at least 1/2 a cup size!

Rockin - Weight training is awesome for helping to lose weight and should definitely be included in your workout routine. It builds lean muscle which burns more calories at rest than fat does. So the more you build the more calories your body will burn while doing nothing...even sleeping. Woot woot! Can't go wrong with that. :happydance:

What will a tube dye test tell you?

My OB/GYN is wanting to see if my tubes might be blocked at all, because of us not being able to get pregnant since my miscarriage in March of last year. She's putting us through as many things as she can, since Tricare covers some of the items we are doing (like my husband's swimmers getting checked) and it also covers the tube dye test, and the Clomid. I told my DH he should go with me to the tube dye test because it'll be pretty awesome to see that.

DSemcho- hopefully everything turns out ok for you! Thanks for explaining it all to me :)

Laides-Thanks for your response regarding my possible weight training....it will definitely be added to my workout. I need a good day at the gym. This first AF after BC is kicking my butt. Im so crabby still, Im tired, Im hungry and just generally BLAH! Thank goodness I have you guys and someplace to vent. I think OH has had enough for awhile :dohh:

Enough about me! How are you guys doing.....weight loss? Where are you all in your cycles?

Going to try and check weight tomorrow! I am cd11 waiting to o on cd20. So chilling ATM. Af is a b***h after bc! I had really heavy bleeds and agonising cramps which sort of settled but if i get bad pmt I know af will be a bad one.....

I haven't stepped on my scale in a few days, but I had a brownie last night =/

So... Yeah... Thankfully it's a gym day, and I have a feeling my dinner will be a protein shake. Haven't been super hungry lately cause of a no-carb diet.

I am battling a serious sweet tooth. Like...I want to eat a whole bag of oreos. Its terrible! And the weather here has been sub zero so all I want to do it lie in bed, thankfully Ive been at the gym, but still not a great week for me weight loss wise, just half a pound. Im hoping that just has to do with my AF...which is almost done, which means OH and I get to start DTD and tryin to make a baby!!!! yay :)

No idea what I am in my cycle, so just concentrating on the weight loss in the hope that it will help to sort my cycles out.

11lb lost so far though in 2.5 weeks and official weigh in is on monday :D

AF was due on the 1st.... Today is the 2nd.... >_< I was hoping she'd show so we can start our first round of Clomid... But of course.... Makes me kind of angry because for YEARS I was irregular, then for the past 2 year I was like clock work... Now it's all fajangeled up again.

AF was due on the 1st.... Today is the 2nd.... >_< I was hoping she'd show so we can start our first round of Clomid... But of course.... Makes me kind of angry because for YEARS I was irregular, then for the past 2 year I was like clock work... Now it's all fajangeled up again.

Sorry youre having trouble! :hugs: Sometimes I think our bodies do it just to mess with us! GL and FX youll get a BFP!!!

My weekend was crappy. I feel like crying :cry: Coming off BC has been rough. Emotionally I feel like Ive been on a roller coaster for the last week. I have the acne of my 15 yr old self which is making me super self conscious AND my weight is just not doing ANYTHING! I dont want to DTD with OH because I feel so crappy about myself but if I dont Ill never get a bean in my belly! Im frustrated and I feel like I need a hug. BAAAAHHH.
Hopefully you ladies are having a better start to your week :)

Sorry youre having trouble! :hugs: Sometimes I think our bodies do it just to mess with us! GL and FX youll get a BFP!!!

My weekend was crappy. I feel like crying :cry: Coming off BC has been rough. Emotionally I feel like Ive been on a roller coaster for the last week. I have the acne of my 15 yr old self which is making me super self conscious AND my weight is just not doing ANYTHING! I dont want to DTD with OH because I feel so crappy about myself but if I dont Ill never get a bean in my belly! Im frustrated and I feel like I need a hug. BAAAAHHH.
Hopefully you ladies are having a better start to your week :)

Lots of hugs Rockin! :hugs: BC makes you almost forget how emotional and crazy you can get during your cycle. I miss the days of little PMS and VERY light periods. I think I spend triple the amount on tampons and panty liners now.

I was feeling a big blah this weekend too and my hubby reminded me that he thinks I'm beautiful and if he didn't there's no way he would want to DTD. He's like "if I thought you were ugly then I wouldn't touch you!" LOL. I was like ummm thanks babe, I guess that's one way to put it.

Keep you head up and remember that you are beautiful and that you will be an amazing mother to the future little bean. Go do something to make yourself feel better....take a long walk, get a mani/pedi or a massage, or whatever else will help you feel special.

AFM - I'm 5dpo and just hoping that this might be our month. My chart looks okay so far but you never really know. I'm going to try and wait until February 15th to test. That will put me at 16dpo (FF has my test date as the 17th). I don't want to ruin Valentine's Day with a BFN!!

Awww Misty thanks soooo much! Your DH sounds like my OH lol. Yesterday when I was being weird and self conscious he said pretty much the same thing....Honey, I love you and I wouldnt want to sleep with you if I wasnt attracted to you. :) Sometimes its nice to hear those things. I love this site and you ladies keep me sane and feeling pretty good about myself. Thank you a million times over!

Im keeping my FX for you this month Misty!!! :dust: Keep us posted

No idea what I am in my cycle, so just concentrating on the weight loss in the hope that it will help to sort my cycles out.

11lb lost so far though in 2.5 weeks and official weigh in is on monday :D

How did your weigh in go EmmyReece?!?!?

ugh 20DPO, and AF was due on the 1st... still nothing!! Really sleepy, slightly crampy sometimes, fussy to my husband but still BFN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->