Support for Plus Size Women TTC #1

Hello! I'm Mira and I have been married to my OH since May 2012 and we've been TTC since July. It's been pretty hard because not only am I overweight (280lbs) but so is he at 350lbs+. Since I'm overweight I don't get my period regularly, I think in the last half of 2012 I only had my period twice, in July, Mid-November and two weeks later in early December.

I have an appointment for both my OH and I to go have a physical and we're trying to get started at the gym to jump start weight loss in hopes that it'll revive my regular period. Until then, I'm taking one final pack of BC to get my period going and hoping the weight loss will trigger it to continuously come.

Nice to meet you all, by the way.

Got the feeling AF is on her way, feeling bloated and horrible :(
I feel like that too! Im about a week from testing, maybe 8 days if Im feeling like waiting and Im crampy and wanting chocolate...so probably AF is getting ready. Just have to wait and see

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well today:)

I recently had a crying fit thinking about what if DS never gets a sibling to grow up with?! I've also been crying over the littlest things, I think its the Provera. Today is my last day taking it so hopefully my emotions will go back to normal. Anyone thinking once you get PG and have a healthy baby, immediately (3 months later or so) trying to conceive your next child? I've had som m/c's along the way since DS and I was so devasted after the one I had in 2005 that I put off actively ttc#2 for 5+years and now I really wish I hadn't done that. Having PCOS makes it so hard as it is. I'm not old, but I'm not getting any younger either. I just thought I would be done making babies by now,lol.
I thought Id HAVE babies by now! Guess sometimes there are bigger plans in play. I dont have PCOS, but Ive heard its difficult to deal with...my FX for you and a quick conception!

It is only tuesday and i am having one of them weeks. 2 friends just had there babies... plus this af is taking forever.... :(i and while i am happy for my friends i am also slighty jealous
UGH! I totally get the friend/baby thing! Sometimes I get so mad at myself for feeling jealous....especially when my YOUNGER sister had her baby boy (whom of course I love very much) but still hard. Hang in there....hopefully:witch: will leave soon

It is only tuesday and i am having one of them weeks. 2 friends just had there babies... plus this af is taking forever.... :(i and while i am happy for my friends i am also slighty jealous

I totally understand ashntony...totally over this week. Just got the news that my dad has stage 4 cancer. I want to scream, punch somebody, cry....eat a piece of cake...anything but BD and I should be ovulating this weekend so I'm about to give up on this month. But at the same time I want to be pregnant NOW so my future little one can meet his or her amazing grandfather. Time to kick cancer in the butt.

I need some good news....anybody around testing time???? Could use a BFP for one of you!!!!!!!!! Lots of baby dust!!!

Let us know if theres anything we can help you with. Im so sorry hon :hugs:

Cd44? Really losing count. Md wants to give me a med to induce a period..guessing provera? Thoughts, insight?

Hi - Please can I join this thread?

I am currently TTC#1, I stopped the pill in July last year and have been TTC since. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 238lb. Im have just started the paleo/caveman diet in a mission to lose weight and to be generally healthier. I have also started doing pilates twice a week and yoga once. Fingers crossed that this will work and will help us to conceive.

xx

Hello! I'm Mira and I have been married to my OH since May 2012 and we've been TTC since July. It's been pretty hard because not only am I overweight (280lbs) but so is he at 350lbs+. Since I'm overweight I don't get my period regularly, I think in the last half of 2012 I only had my period twice, in July, Mid-November and two weeks later in early December.

I have an appointment for both my OH and I to go have a physical and we're trying to get started at the gym to jump start weight loss in hopes that it'll revive my regular period. Until then, I'm taking one final pack of BC to get my period going and hoping the weight loss will trigger it to continuously come.

Nice to meet you all, by the way.

Charizard welcome! So nice to have you here! My OH and I are in a similar place as you. Im 185 and hes at about 300, so we both need to lose weight, this is only our first month TTC, but I know exercise and healthier eating will help. Thats why I started the thread....for selfish reasons, lol. I need people to talk to about it and keep me on track! GL on your TTC journey

Cd44? Really losing count. Md wants to give me a med to induce a period..guessing provera? Thoughts, insight?

Hopefully some of the other ladies here can help you, I dont have any experience with this...CD44 is long, but...are you normally irregular?

Hi - Please can I join this thread?

I am currently TTC#1, I stopped the pill in July last year and have been TTC since. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 238lb. Im have just started the paleo/caveman diet in a mission to lose weight and to be generally healthier. I have also started doing pilates twice a week and yoga once. Fingers crossed that this will work and will help us to conceive.

xx

Welcome MrsO1987! Nice to have you here. Ive never hear of that diet...what's it all about? Hows the yoga going? I can do a lot at the gym, but yoga and I for some reason, do not get along :haha: This is my first month off BC, how have your cycles been?

Hopefully some of the other ladies here can help you, I dont have any experience with this...CD44 is long, but...are you normally irregular?

no rockin...always regular before BCP..got a little weird on BCP (was on it for 3 years..broken for about 2 of them ~lol~ bled essentially for 2 years) normal for the first 2 cycles coming off, then 34 days, now on 44 with no period in sight...was calling it the changes from coming off BCP..

It's all natural food....basically if you can't pick it or kill it you Don't eat it! Ha ha. Based on the diet cavemen did.
Tomorrow will only be my 2nd yoga class....I found the last one really hard, but I'm Hoping I will get used to it!
My cycles have been fairly regular (see my signature) but I have been quite relaxed about ttc so far! No temping or charting!

Good luck everyone xx

Hi everyone - mitsy that's awful, I'm so sorry it must be a horrendous time for u. If u need a break or people to listen we're all here for u.

I'm almost done with af but have 16 days before I o so I'm just relaxing. I've had a fairly baby filled week - held our friends week old number 2 daughter yesterday - very cute but made me and dh ache for a baby of our own. My friends also just text to say she gave birth to her son this afternoon and I bet he's gorgeous too. Good times but sad times selfishly too. Gl and :dust:

Try2findbaby I don't think it's selfish times at all to be reminded of what you what so much (hope I understand what you meant in your post) and to want it so much that it hurts :hugs:

Slowly but surely chopping away at the weight loss, I've lost 2lbs since my official weigh in on monday. I know I shouldn't be hopping on the scales several times a week, but it's really helping me to focus at the moment. I think my goal for next week is going to have to be to avoid the scales and not weigh in until the following monday :blush:

Michaelap- that's the worst, sounds like maybe the BC messed with your cycle. GL and hopefully you get everything worked out soon!

MrsO1987- Let me know how you feel on the diet; Im very interested. OH and I are vegetarians, me for about 8 months now and him for quite a few years. We do mostly organic foods and it seems to be working pretty well for us. We're not temping or charting either, Im kind of lazy like that, lol. But this is only our first month, so maybe if nothing happens in a few more cycles, I might get antsy, we'll see. Have fun with yoga!

Try2Findbaby- I know what you mean, my sister had a baby not that long ago. OH and I love him to death, but...it makes me a little sad too. Our time will come!

EmmyReece-Congrats on your weight loss, thats great! Dont feel bad about weighing yourself often....I have to, it keeps me focused most of the time. The weeks it doesnt keep me focused, I only weigh myself when I feel like it. But usually its a good boost for continued success for me. My advice....just do whatever makes you comfortable :)

thanks rockin! just annoyed with that lady from the phone...shall see what happens..kind of dreading it :/

Hi everyone. I posted a new thread, but I think the title is putting people off from reading it.

I'm 5'5" and around 238 lbs. I got told I should diet and exercise to lose weight from a nurse at my local GP, which was irritating to hear from someone who was bigger than me AND I went in for a completely separate matter. Also, I was already taking steps towards getting healthier (quitting smoking, not eating in the evening and going to take up swimming soon hopefully) but she didn't bother to ask this.

Anyways, me and my husband are TTC and this is our first cycle. I'm trying to be realistic about not expecting to be successful first time, but have noticed my boobs feel heavier/sore and I'm sleeping more than usual. Doing a HPT tomorrow.

Has anyone ever known anyone plus-sized who has conceived first time?

Thanks girls - yeh hopefully our time will come soon :hugs: I have made a decision to consciously cut down on food and take the dog for a big walk everyday (I do most days, dh does a couple) and attempt to be healthier. I think this will help my health and ttc. Lets hope anyway :thumbup: how's everyone else doing? I am cd 5 ATM and won't o for approx 15days... Lots of time to kill! :coffee:

Thanks for all the support ladies! I am on a crazy roller coaster with this cancer thing but we're staying positive and getting my dad ready to fight for his life!! I appreciate the kind words and it's nice have a place to vent and express my feelings.

Michaelap - I don't have any info or insight for you either...sorry I can't be more help. Keep us posted on what you find out/decide. Limbo is never fun.

I'm CD 11 and should O CD 14-15 (hopefully...with the stress who knows!). In the weight loss department I'm down 4 pounds in two weeks so steady progress.

Welcome to all the newbies and fingers crossed for those of you in the TWW!!

Yeah..just dedided to take it..started yesterday with the first pill..will use condoms the next time we have sex and probably for a total of 2 weeks after I finish on Monday to be safe..glad all is well (as can be) for you ladiies...love this site as a means of support!

.............so if she's coming it should be tomorrow , bfn yesterday, feeling like she will be here, can't get enough bd which usually means she's on her way

Fx to everyone else

Hi everyone. I posted a new thread, but I think the title is putting people off from reading it.

I'm 5'5" and around 238 lbs. I got told I should diet and exercise to lose weight from a nurse at my local GP, which was irritating to hear from someone who was bigger than me AND I went in for a completely separate matter. Also, I was already taking steps towards getting healthier (quitting smoking, not eating in the evening and going to take up swimming soon hopefully) but she didn't bother to ask this.

Anyways, me and my husband are TTC and this is our first cycle. I'm trying to be realistic about not expecting to be successful first time, but have noticed my boobs feel heavier/sore and I'm sleeping more than usual. Doing a HPT tomorrow.

Has anyone ever known anyone plus-sized who has conceived first time?

I dont personally know any plus size ladies who conceived their first cycle, but Im hoping for me too, lol. Dont let the dr discourage you. If you know youre being healthier, stick to it! Doctors can be so frustrating.

Thanks girls - yeh hopefully our time will come soon :hugs: I have made a decision to consciously cut down on food and take the dog for a big walk everyday (I do most days, dh does a couple) and attempt to be healthier. I think this will help my health and ttc. Lets hope anyway :thumbup: how's everyone else doing? I am cd 5 ATM and won't o for approx 15days... Lots of time to kill! :coffee:
Good for you with the exercise! Thats what kills me most of the time, although Ive been at the gym pretty often the past few weeks, seems to be working. GL with this cycle!

Thanks for all the support ladies! I am on a crazy roller coaster with this cancer thing but we're staying positive and getting my dad ready to fight for his life!! I appreciate the kind words and it's nice have a place to vent and express my feelings.

Michaelap - I don't have any info or insight for you either...sorry I can't be more help. Keep us posted on what you find out/decide. Limbo is never fun.

I'm CD 11 and should O CD 14-15 (hopefully...with the stress who knows!). In the weight loss department I'm down 4 pounds in two weeks so steady progress.

Welcome to all the newbies and fingers crossed for those of you in the TWW!!

So glad to hear youre doing well all things considered :hugs: get to DTD lady :)

.............so if she's coming it should be tomorrow , bfn yesterday, feeling like she will be here, can't get enough bd which usually means she's on her way

Fx to everyone else
GL & FX for you! Im due *hopefully* Sunday or Monday...we'll see. Keep us posted!!!

ALRIGHT- so, heres my new thing. Im at the gym 6 or 7 days a week...yay me, lol. I go between 30-45 min on the elliptical and can work up a pretty good sweat. Ive been exercising like this for about a year. What have you ladies heard about exercise and early pregnancy. Im nearing the end of my first TWW and while I know the chances are slim, I do worry I might unknowingly be harming my bean! Im just being a little crazy ATM. Thoughts?

Thanks, Rockinmomtobe.

Did a HPT today and it was BFN. Going to test again in two weeks (week of my birthday - eek!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->