Support of family/friends

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Hiya

I wasn't sure where the best place to put this so I hope it is ok to post here.

Was wondering those of you who do not have any family nearby to help how you cope, I am sure that it is one of those things that "you just do" as you don't have any choice but we really don't have anyone to be able to help - I have some friends with kids but they are difficult to get hold of so would be no good unless pre-planned arrangements due to their own children.

I am lucky in the sense that H gets home around lunchtime to be able to help but was wondering how you get sleep/ 5 mins away from the baby for you or to do other things like the shopping or housework ect

its just a worry I have

I DO have family around me but I have never felt the need to leave Poppy with any of them. Have only left her with my husband once or twice for about an hour. I don't think it is something that you should worry about but I know that is easy for me to say, as I have family around me should I ever need them. I am sure your friends would help you out if you ever needed it though :hugs:

Like you say "you just do it". We´ve no family nearby and friends helping out is difficult because they have kids of their own and jobs etc.

Tbh, I think we´ve done all right up to now. When Sam was born my mum flew over and stayed for 3 weeks, which was brilliant until I found my feet, especially as my hubby could only take a week off work and most of that week I was in hospital still.

We work it between us pretty much. As soon as DH gets home he´ll take over with Sam so I can get odd jobs done, cooking, washing etc. As Sam is bottle fed, we´re able to share nighttime feeding - if DH was at work early the next day I would do the night shift, and if he was on lates then he would do the night shift and let me sleep. At weekends, we split the shifts as well, one morning I´ll get up early with Sam and take him downstairs to play so hubby can sleep in and vice versa.

With basic things like showering, getting shopping done etc. Sometimes I´ve dashed under the shower whilst DH is still here, othertimes I sit Sam in his rocker and take him into the bathroom with me. I sometimes do the ironing and put him in his rocker and rock him at the same time, likewise I´ve cooked with one hand and him over my shoulder too!!! All things you can never imagine doing, but you get very adept at doping things with one hand and a child balanced on your hip. We tend to do a big shop on a saturday and take Sam with us, he just sleeps usually in his car seat - there have been times when I go and do the shopping alone and leave him at home with DH. Clothes shopping on your own is less practical (but possible!), however I do tend to order a lot of things for me online, try them on in the comfort of my own home and send em back if not suitable - less stressful

Somehow you just get on with it. That said I´m not quite sure how we will wing it when I go back to work - but I´m sure we´ll work something out. It is possible.

although i have family-there is only one person i trust (sister) but havent left elliot with anyone yet as i find it difficult to relax if hes not with us. its just because hes so little still. ive had to cope, it is hard at times. xx

You do your stuff when your baby sleeps. The house will never be spotless again,so forget about that one.It is tiring.I wont lie.My husband and I make turn over weekends. One watches whilst the other one cleans. Sometimes we both just want to relax but that comes with parenthood.

In the beginning nap when baby naps

Shopping - take baby with you ...frsh air around them :D

Family not much help no but then again you have to learn to fit the new family in tp your lifestyle however OHs parents have my Caitlin over night now and then they are about an hour away which gives us a recharge :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->