Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Beautiful weddings, ladies! None of my pics are digital, so I'll have to see if I can remedy that. I had a church wedding, since at the time hubby and I were church folks (7 years ago from May). Love your plans, preg_pilot! Hopefully we all have BFP's by then, but I hope to hear all about it. :)

Ah I love all the wedding pics ladies! Beautiful! I don't have many decent ones on digital form but feel the need to add a few of mine so here you go!

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/e4a985d4.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/4e3f1a53.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/d2d15ac9.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/416fc2fb.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/c5f198ba.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/2d4cd513.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/066546ac.jpg

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/28e71b41.jpg

bubbles82!! I love all your colors, especially your flowers; those are amazing! Where do you even find flowers like that? Oh, and the shoes are perfect. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

YAY!
I have been lurking on this thread for a bit. I love love love wedding pictures. I love the ship wedding idea and all of these pictures are beautiful. Can I jump in and share too?

We got married in our historical society's museum and our reception was in one of my bridesdude's backyard. We had the "gayest straight wedding ever". We were married by a close friend, her girlfriend did our catering. Another gay friend read the best love poem ever that happens to be by lesbian (Andrea Gibson "She pole dances to gospel music" LOOK IT UP!) and recessed to "I'll cover you" from RENT. Even my very religious family couldn't get over how fun and silly the whole affair was.

Bonus: Big fancy-pants lovely white dress wedding, lovely buildings and grounds. zero deities :)

UGH! Cannot upload pictures and I don't think that I have any on sites that don't require passwords. Will keep trying!

bubbles82!! I love all your colors, especially your flowers; those are amazing! Where do you even find flowers like that? Oh, and the shoes are perfect. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Ah thank you!

I was so excited about those shoes, they were my something blue from my auntie, but I never really got to wear them as I broke my ankle two weeks before my wedding in a car crash, so I had that picture standing in them but the rest of the day I was in my air cast :(

I love rainbows so I had rainbow roses for my bouquet, I couldn't believe so many people have never even heard of them! They're called rainbow roses or happy roses, they're dyed in three places in the stems to get them like that, a lot of florists have them now.

Sorry, tried to post pics but they didn't work. Now I can't delete the post.

bubbles82- Aw, such a bummer about your ankle. :( Did it heal alright? I'm going to have to check out those flowers. DH is going to be getting some major hints about rainbow roses. :winkwink:

bubbles82- Aw, such a bummer about your ankle. :( Did it heal alright? I'm going to have to check out those flowers. DH is going to be getting some major hints about rainbow roses. :winkwink:

Everyone needs rainbow roses in their life! :)

I'm still struggling with the ankle over 3 months later, I think the hospital have lost interest now! It's probably not still broken but it's still very painful, I've not been able to wear heels or drive since, nightmare!

I know your pain. Ankle injuries are no fun at all. Keep pressuring them to do something about it. I injured my ankle in a parkour accident back in 2009, and didn't push the doctors to do the surgery immediately because I really thought I'd have time in the future to to it (and I was in the middle of several hugs projects at work and didn't want to take the time off). I ended up losing my health insurance when I was laid off the next month, and because of that I couldn't get the surgery at all. In the end I lost my ability to run, jump, pretty much anything besides walk. Fast forward 3 years later and I've gained 80lbs due to lack of exercise after quitting smoking in 2010. Loss of exercise and loss of nicotine meant a good 1000+ calories I wasn't burning a day. I finally was able to get insurance again in 2011, but I'd already gained the weight and was living in a new state. The docs here literally told me that because I'm heavy they won't do anything to fix my ankle. They pretty much said that judging by my weight I'm too lazy to really need the ankle anyway. It's horrible being treated like I don't care about my health, especially since before the accident I was super active (played varsity soccer in HS, was a competitiveness figure skater through college, and until the accident had always jogged at least 2 miles every night and done parkour 3x a week). Can't stand the way doctors treat me now.

Anyway, if you tore any tendon/ligaments when you broke your ankle, or if there is permanent damage to the area where the bones in the ankle meet, you'll almost definitely need surgery to have it corrected. The sooner you get it done the better. If at three months it's still not getting better, you should definitely get a second opinion. Don't let it affect your long term health if you're able. (Having to lose weight without the ability to do aerobics absolutely sucks and takes forever. I'm having to eat about 1000+ calories a day less than what I used to be able to eat when I was active. Talk about a lifestyle change!) :hugs:

Aw pinksprinkles this makes me sad, sounds like you've had a horrendous time!
I don't know what to do really, I don't trust the doctors at all at the moment. They x-rated it the day it happened and sent me home saying it was just a sprain, and said to walk on it to get it going even though I couldn't walk on it at all. Then I got a phone call 8 days later (by then the week of the wedding) saying they'd reviewed the X-rays and found a chip off my bone. I'd been to he doctor that morning saying it still wasn't right and again got told it was fine and sent away. So I went to the hospital and they scanned it and found it then had three fractures around me heel and ankle, and put it in plaster which was removed early for the wedding but never put back on. Now I have physio and tell them each week that it doesn't seem to be healing right but they just tell me it's normal and will take a long time. The consultant said they didn't want to see me for another 3 months which will be end of September, and they'll decide if surgery is needed then, which annoys me as I've wasted me time trying to get it better for nearly 5 months by then just to start all over again if they do surgery, which should've been done at the start if it was needed.
I'm on restricted duties at work but get so sick of being asked constantly if my foot is better or when it will be. I have no idea, and it hasn't felt any better for weeks so I'm not expecting it to anytime soon. I feel like people think I'm making it up now, as I get told so many stories of people who've broken bones and been back to normal 6 weeks later. I wish that was the case for me, I'm not enjoying feeling trapped in my home! I'm so worried now I'm TTC that I'll end up having surgery whilst pregnant.

Ahhhh beautiful Bubbles, they look amazing. Love the shoes!!

Hey Sojourn - Don't delete, just join in the thread yay. xxx

I don´t have any wedding pictures, as i´m getting married in December this year :p

We plan on going out to sea with my fosterdad, and our parents, to be married on international waters ... (he´s a captain, and can marry us at sea).
Afterwards, we´ll have a small party with roast lamb and some sort of dessert we haven´t decided on yet. About 25 ppl in total.

Cool! But I have so many questions. Do you have to get a marriage license? If so, where will you get it? And can anyone officiate a wedding in international waters, or just captains?

Fascinating!

Yes, we do get a marriage license. As I understand it, we get married at sea, with witnesses, and then go to the administrators office to sign the papers.
It´s only captains that can marry people at sea.

Aw pinksprinkles this makes me sad, sounds like you've had a horrendous time!
I don't know what to do really, I don't trust the doctors at all at the moment. They x-rated it the day it happened and sent me home saying it was just a sprain, and said to walk on it to get it going even though I couldn't walk on it at all. Then I got a phone call 8 days later (by then the week of the wedding) saying they'd reviewed the X-rays and found a chip off my bone. I'd been to he doctor that morning saying it still wasn't right and again got told it was fine and sent away. So I went to the hospital and they scanned it and found it then had three fractures around me heel and ankle, and put it in plaster which was removed early for the wedding but never put back on. Now I have physio and tell them each week that it doesn't seem to be healing right but they just tell me it's normal and will take a long time. The consultant said they didn't want to see me for another 3 months which will be end of September, and they'll decide if surgery is needed then, which annoys me as I've wasted me time trying to get it better for nearly 5 months by then just to start all over again if they do surgery, which should've been done at the start if it was needed.
I'm on restricted duties at work but get so sick of being asked constantly if my foot is better or when it will be. I have no idea, and it hasn't felt any better for weeks so I'm not expecting it to anytime soon. I feel like people think I'm making it up now, as I get told so many stories of people who've broken bones and been back to normal 6 weeks later. I wish that was the case for me, I'm not enjoying feeling trapped in my home! I'm so worried now I'm TTC that I'll end up having surgery whilst pregnant.

I'd see if I could get that date moved up if I were you since, from what I understand, surgery is an absolute no-go while pregnant. My doctor has told me to diet and even okay'd me to continue dieting through any pregnancy. Due to how obese I have become, it is apparently safe not to gain weight while PG. After I have a LO and as soon as I'm down to 170 lbs I am to go back in for possible surgery. (Doc is hoping I will be down to that weight within three months of delivering so that recovery will be easier on me.

The idea is that when the baby is small I won't be chasing him/her around yet, so the first six months post delivery will be a good time to heal and start physical therapy since baby won't be moving around too much, and once I'm up and moving again one of the best things I'll be able to do to aid recovery is go on walks (so pushing a stroller will be part of my rehab).

If I am not PG by the time I get down to 170 lbs (back to being overweight and not obese), then I'll go in for surgery then. That's still 50 lbs away though, so at least another year of dieting. (I have to go slowly with the weight loss- no more than a pound a week- as aerobics are not a possibility and losing weight through sedentary calorie reduction has to be gradual.) I'm really hoping I'm pregnant by then, but I wouldn't be too upset if it didn't happen as it seems much more logical to have surgery before having a baby.

Is there a way you can get a second opinion? Another doctor you can go to? I'd think they would try to get you better now, especially since you are TTC and surgery won't be an option during pregnancy.

Just checking in from the road. We got married on the 8th. Elvis walked me down the aisle and gave me away. I walked barefoot down the aisle while Elvis sang "can't help falling in love" and our minister did mention god and Jesus...I forgot to ask them not to. But it was very minor and his little sermon was just about treating each other right.
We'll tell the family when we get back in a week.
We have some fun photos with Elvis too.

I know humanist Officiants can marry you in Ontario...so had we not eloped that was my choice :)

Hey ladies! Mind if I join? I know it is late into the thread but I have read all your post and I love this thread! I am agnostic and my fiance is ... actually I do not know what he considers himself but he does not go to church but refuses to consider himself agnostic as he has the mind set we are devil worshipers! He is good ol' country boy so I guess he was raised that way! We are getting married in October and are having a non-religious ceremony! As most of you have stated earlier I do not hate on religion because I feel like everyone has a right to believe what they want just dont hate on me for not believing! I think being married to a Muslim a few years back and also being a "scientist" has led me down the path of being agnostic. Yes a very complicated story!

But anyway I am testing september 4th unless I O sooner than expected. I had some cramping last night in my left side but still not positive opk.

Good luck everyone for this month!

Hello wife2be!

Welcome to the thread, the more the merrier and all that! I'm due to test the same week as you, FF is predicting AF due around the 7th but depends when
I ovulate as it varies since I came off BCP in May. Good luck to you!

Hello wife2be!

Welcome to the thread, the more the merrier and all that! I'm due to test the same week as you, FF is predicting AF due around the 7th but depends when
I ovulate as it varies since I came off BCP in May. Good luck to you!

Same here. I came off of BC (Nuva Ring) in June and my first natural cycle was 38 days so I am basing this cycle on that. But I have never had regular cycles. I even went a few years off BCP a couple years ago and only had like 2 or 3 periods a year! So I am very nervous and scared to see if my cycles will be regular now. Fingers Crossed! I am so anxious to go home and POAS to see if I am about to ovulate! Good luck to you to! Glad we can wait this out together, because it seems like forever away until testing!

Yeah it does, I read posts on here from people moaning about the witch arriving, but then a lot of them ovulate, test and get their BFP or next AF while I'm still waiting to ovulate! I've had two natural cycles since BCP, 35 days then 37. I was hoping they'd start to settle down as I used to have regular 28 day cycles before. I hope they don't keep getting longer each time anyway!

I definitely feel your pain! But I am glad to find someone with a similar cycle as me! And I hope mine do not get longer either. That would make me miserable as I cannot take progesterone because it causes a bad reaction (vomitting and severe head pain). So I would literally have to just sit and wait for AF to come where as some people can take provera to induce AF so they can start again. Ugh wish my body would just work normally! And I am never ever going to take BC again! It seems like it does more harm then good! And now that I know a lot about trying to conceive I am sure I can use the same methods to prevent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->