Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Congratulations, Tsyhanochka!!!!!!! We need pictures!

And welcome to wife2be!

Just checking in from the road. We got married on the 8th. Elvis walked me down the aisle and gave me away. I walked barefoot down the aisle while Elvis sang "can't help falling in love" and our minister did mention god and Jesus...I forgot to ask them not to. But it was very minor and his little sermon was just about treating each other right.
We'll tell the family when we get back in a week.
We have some fun photos with Elvis too.

I know humanist Officiants can marry you in Ontario...so had we not eloped that was my choice :)

Sorry I completely missed this post when I read back earlier!

Congratulations!! xx

Hi everyone! This is a great idea for a thread. I am atheisty agnostic (I can quite see why some people derive a lot of comfort from religion, but I just can't bring myself to believe in anything). My husband is VERY atheist. He grew up with a disabled sister in a very religious area, and I think being told that his sister's problems were a punishment from God pretty much put him off any form of religion.
We just started ttc so I'm very excited but also preparing for a long road ahead.
Congrats to everyone who's been posting beautiful wedding pictures. I got married on 4th August but when I tried to include pictures to this my post was deleted!

Hi Hanfranan :hi:

i think you have to have had a certain number of posts before you can post pictures, i'm not 100% sure tho.

Thanks ladies. I'll try and post something when we get home and order our photos from the chapel.

Welcome Hanfranan. Once you get more posts it would be awesome to see the pics! If thats the case as mentioned by StefanieC.

Are you tracking your cycles yet?
Good Luck!

Hi everyone! This is a great idea for a thread. I am atheisty agnostic (I can quite see why some people derive a lot of comfort from religion, but I just can't bring myself to believe in anything). My husband is VERY atheist. He grew up with a disabled sister in a very religious area, and I think being told that his sister's problems were a punishment from God pretty much put him off any form of religion.
We just started ttc so I'm very excited but also preparing for a long road ahead.
Congrats to everyone who's been posting beautiful wedding pictures. I got married on 4th August but when I tried to include pictures to this my post was deleted!

Hello and welcome to the thread!

I think you can post pics once you've had over 10 posts in the forum, so join the chat and we'll look forward to seeing them!

Hey ladies! Mind if I join? I know it is late into the thread but I have read all your post and I love this thread! I am agnostic and my fiance is ... actually I do not know what he considers himself but he does not go to church but refuses to consider himself agnostic as he has the mind set we are devil worshipers! He is good ol' country boy so I guess he was raised that way! We are getting married in October and are having a non-religious ceremony! As most of you have stated earlier I do not hate on religion because I feel like everyone has a right to believe what they want just dont hate on me for not believing! I think being married to a Muslim a few years back and also being a "scientist" has led me down the path of being agnostic. Yes a very complicated story!

But anyway I am testing september 4th unless I O sooner than expected. I had some cramping last night in my left side but still not positive opk.

Good luck everyone for this month!

Welcome to the thread, Wife2Be! I too used to equate atheism with evil. I love the "coming out" videos on youtube showing a variety of peolple coming out. I haven't been so bold, but it was really a hard transition for me and knowing I was not alone was very comforting. Maybe your fiance would find them comforting as well. I have only a few friends who aren't religious, so this thread is so refreshing.

Also, it was interesting to me the influence your ex-husband had on you. I met my dad (long story) when I was 20 and he is Muslim. His never-ending attempts to convert me to Islam definitely punched wholes in the "truths" I held from Christianity. The best thing about this was that he made me think critically about my beliefs, which I had barely done before (with shame when I did so). Pretty sure my later classes in Biology and Geology would have had a similar outcome. Anyway, hope testing goes your way this time. :) Long cycles stink, I hope yours gets regular soon.

Welcome, Hanfranan! Congrats on getting married. How exciting!

I'm loving all the wedding photos! Bubbles, those flowers are amazing!!! Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it gets better soon.

Congrats Tsyhanochka!!

Welcome to all the new ladies :)

I'm loving all the wedding photos! Bubbles, those flowers are amazing!!! Sorry to hear about your ankle, I hope it gets better soon.

Congrats Tsyhanochka!!

Ah thanks Mrs B! It feels weird calling you that as that's what everyone calls my mum!! I've given up hope of the ankle getting better soon, the accident was on the 6th of May so I've kind of got used to the pain now, and hope I just wake up one day and find its magically gone!

Welcome to Hanfran, too! The one photo you have there is gorgeous, so I look forward to more!

This thread has had a lot of turnover (look back and you'll find we get pregnant more frequently than Christians :winkwink: ), so new folks are welcome! For those who have been here a while, did you notice that readerwriter got her BFP and quietly went away? :dance:

And bubbles, I'm so sorry you have chronic pain! I hope you find a solution soon.

Welcome to Hanfran, too! The one photo you have there is gorgeous, so I look forward to more!

This thread has had a lot of turnover (look back and you'll find we get pregnant more frequently than Christians :winkwink: ), so new folks are welcome! For those who have been here a while, did you notice that readerwriter got her BFP and quietly went away? :dance:

Oooh no I didn't notice that, well spotted! I get kind of sad on here when people I've been chatting to for a while get their BFP and disappear, it's happened a few times now. I like the threads I've seen where they agree to stay together and keep the thread til everyone's got their BFP, and some where they've kept it going right through til after the births. But I guess that's no fun when you're in a thread full of BFPs and you're one of the only ones without.

The ankle's not as bad as it was, so I suppose it is getting better just very slowly. I finally got booked in for intensive physio on Friday at a treatment centre I've been paying into for the last 7 years at work so I should make use of it, I could've maybe been better by now if I'd gone there in the first place rather than the 5 minute session once every two or three weeks I've been getting on the NHS! Some days it doesn't feel as bad, but I still can't drive or wear pretty shoes, it's been a long 3 months!

Congrats Tsyhanochka!!

Ah thanks Mrs B! It feels weird calling you that as that's what everyone calls my mum!! I've given up hope of the ankle getting better soon, the accident was on the 6th of May so I've kind of got used to the pain now, and hope I just wake up one day and find its magically gone!

I hope your ankle gets better.
I know this only too well, I´ve had knee troubles for 11 years now (going on 12). I have some pain every day, so I´ve kinda gotten used to it by now. I hope in your case, they can do something about it.

Hello, I think it's great having a non-religious thread, I always felt awkward whenever I was in a religious one.

I was raised Baptist by my family, and around the time I was in my freshman year, about 14-15 I started to question things, mostly because I had gay friends and didn't like what most religious people said about them. To add to the free thinking pot, my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia at the end of my freshman year and we eventually lost her to her battle at the beginning of my senior year at 17. So I always hated the, "God took your mother for a reason, and he works in mysterious ways," speech I was always given whenever I vented out of frustration.

I like to think that things are a bit more scientific and there is a more of a reason as to why things happen. And now I step off my mighty rant horse and bid you all Hello!

Just want to say I'm jealous of you American ladies. I just popped into Walgreens and picked up more preseed (we use it just as a lube) and some opk strips so I don't have to order them online....I can't get just strips in Toronto (I don't think). Everything is so cheap! Preseed is over 10 dollars more at home. I may pick up another tube just to save the money!

A Canadian is jealous of us? Wow! :blush: Usually it's the other way around. My father even has a bumpersticker that says "Aspiring Canadian." Btw, what does your line "TTC and a little half-HANIB" mean? And how did you customize it like that?

Welcome, Jaericho! I'm so sorry about your mother. I think the "God has a plan" and 'Everything happens for a reason" have a lot to answer for in this world. But I guess it gives them something to say without having to think, which is clearly their goal. I'm sorry you had to hear that from people. I'm not sure I would have been able to refrain from violence.

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/wedding/3AB14ABA-BF52-4603-A6A5-F73513372D78-5232-000007D37AB7168D.jpg

That is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->