Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Good luck, viet! I hope you caught the egg! And, yes, I am Rh-, and OH is +, so I have to worry about that, too. The docs all assured me that I caught it in plenty of time. (If you don't know what you are, don't worry--they'll test.) And Yay!!!! :thumbup: for good blood tests!

And, MMW, wometimes the "bfp: won't come until after the missed AF. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When_can_I_expect_a_positive_HPT_if_I_am_pregnant.html You're not out til you're out!

Good luck, viet! I hope you caught the egg! And, yes, I am Rh-, and OH is +, so I have to worry about that, too. The docs all assured me that I caught it in plenty of time. (If you don't know what you are, don't worry--they'll test.) And Yay!!!! :thumbup: for good blood tests!

And, MMW, wometimes the "bfp: won't come until after the missed AF. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When_can_I_expect_a_positive_HPT_if_I_am_pregnant.html You're not out til you're out!

Well, it was due yesterday, but I'm usually spot on. My DH in an effort to make me feel better keeps saying "It's ONLY 94% accurate!" That's irritating the shit out of me.

MMW: Husbands are no help. Unfortunately you just have to wait it out. I have read lots of stories about women not getting their BFP until 15+dpo. Hold in there. you'll have your answer soon enough!!!

plb: Yeah the whole Rh- thing was a real scare because I had a pregnancy years ago and never got a shot after it was over. When I found out my mom was Rh- i figured I must be too and everything could have been due to not getting that shot so many years ago. But good to know I'm A+, and that all my blood work was good. But also worried that it might be something bigger because there is still no clear reason why I have miscarried twice. I guess we just keep trying.

The doctors assured me that an early m/c is extremely unlikely to be a problem. However I can't find info about when the rh factor is produced in a developing fetus.

So, AF came this weekend. So irritated. I think this month we're going to just see what happens, and try not to think about it. I'm not going to count the calendar, what will be will be.

Also, I'm going to a fertility doctor on November 7th, just to see what she has to say. The website says all over it that they don't care about how long you've been trying...that once fertility becomes a problem for you, it becomes a problem for them.

MMW: :hugs: I'm glad you are making an appointment, it will make you feel better knowing that nothing is wrong and you just have to be patient, or if there is a problem you can start working on it early. May I ask how long you have been TTC for?

:hugs: MMW. Those are the worst months, when you really think it's your BFP month, and it's not. Great that you found a place that will see you right away! Most around here have to wait a year!

Viet, what the heck is up with your chart!? It's symmetrical!

pbl: I know, right? Crazy chart this month. I had a slight fever the other morning, exact the same as the one I had at the start of the cycle, plus after the MC, my temp stayed high for a few days and now I'm up since O. I am kind of freaked out by it too!!! Maybe a bazaar chart is a good sign?

MMW: :hugs: I'm glad you are making an appointment, it will make you feel better knowing that nothing is wrong and you just have to be patient, or if there is a problem you can start working on it early. May I ask how long you have been TTC for?

We've been trying for about 4 months. I know everyone probably thinks I'm cuckoo. But it'll make me feel better.

We've been trying for about 4 months. I know everyone probably thinks I'm cuckoo. But it'll make me feel better.

Not at all! I think almost everyone here would want to get tested quickly, if they could. Most simply don't have the option! Good luck on the test!

Viet, I'm not sure if a bizarre chart is good, but if so I'm in an excellent position. I have really confused FF!
My Ovulation Chart

MMW: it's never too early. And it will make you feel better. I don't understand why they make people wait a year.... it seems like such a long time!

plb: Oh no! What a chart! Why are you still getting positive blood tests? You miscarried so long ago, right? I can't believe you have been spotting for o long as well, I was really lucky and only had about 7 days of bleeding after my MC and no spotting since.

Viet, it was an incomplete miscarriage--I had an ectopic mass found about a month later. They gave me methotrexate, and my levels are soooooooooooooooooooo close to being zero now--fell from 2000 to 24.5 in 4 weeks. Now I'm just waiting for AF, or whatever AF-like process I'll get. Could still take up to a month, but the doc said it's usually about 2 weeks. :coffee:

The moral of the story is: After a m/c, make sure you monitor your levels and that they go down to 0.

Sigh.

Pbl_g and Vietmamsie, so so sorry for your losses.

Sbmack: Thanks. Sometimes it's ok and a whole day goes by without dwelling on it too much, but then sometimes it just hits me like like a ton of bricks and leaves me feeling like I'm never going to get this and everything is stacked against me. I had no idea a miscarriage would feel like this. I just didn't get it before it happened to me. I would have been 10 weeks along, we would have seen the heart beat, we would have told our families this week, we would have been so excited.

Enough rambles...

plb: Now you have me worried. All I had was some blood work done when I went to see my FS and from the ultra sound he seemed to think everything looked great. I did take the meds to push everything out after it happened, I take it you didn't? I wasn't as far along as you though...

This post was too long to read all of it, but a gave it a decent skimming!

I'm new to this forum, an atheist in Texas (contradiction at it's best). My husband and I are just atheists, I like to tell people we're so atheist that we don't even fake it for the (Christian) holidays. Yes, that means we don't do Christmas here! We do love some Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year's, Fourth of July, etc.

I feel like I started life Catholic and then tried on every major religion out there before deciding everyone else was just looking for a way to explain things science had yet to and stayed put. I love the old world pagan religions and even Native American belief systems, because I do believe in harmony in nature (and chaos theory). Mostly, I'm huge on being responsible for myself and my choices and actions in life.

My future children will be raised our way, though we are active thinkers and philosophers and if they are ever curious about Christianity or any other religion, I'm happy to hook them up with someone I consider an appropriate resource and let them go to church, temple or wherever to discover their own beliefs in life, as they grow old enough to understand what these things mean and can make their own rational choices.

So glad to know I'm not the only atheist running around BnB!

We've always celebrated Christmas in my family, but not as a Christian holiday centered around the birth of Christ, but as a secular holiday centered around a jolly fat man who gives out presents! My husband's religious family members don't know the difference and we still get to exchange gifts and make holiday cookies and stuff. After all, before it was a Christian holiday, it was the celebration of the longest night of the year, the winter solstice. Therefore, to me I'm just celebrating that!

Viet, if you took the meds, I'm sure you're fine. What's frustrating to me is that I think some of the blame for this prolonged experience goes to one of the docs on the team, who was very dismissive of me, and made it quite clear that she didn't believe me when I told her how far along I was supposed to be. The very low HCG levels were a symptom of an ectopic, so the whole thing might have been caught a month earlier!

:grr: Anyway....

Welcome, Clandestine! :hi: I hope your stay in the TTC forums is short and sweet!

hi ladies

So my family dr has sent me for an ultrasound (tomorrow!) and blood work on CD21 so Nov 5th. Here's hoping we get some answers. She's curious about my painful periods. Endometriosis did come up as something we're looking out for. Which isn't so big and scarry, but also Fibroids. But she's taking my concerns seriously, and is curious like me to find out why I'm almost at the year mark and nothing. 12 cycles and I'm 30.

She said we'll know more of where we stand once we get tests back. Then she'll make some referrals as she's not so comfortable treating special things herself... and if I need surgery for endo,. well then she's not my girl either... but will help me find someone who is.

YAY Science!

hi ladies

So my family dr has sent me for an ultrasound (tomorrow!) and blood work on CD21 so Nov 5th. Here's hoping we get some answers. She's curious about my painful periods. Endometriosis did come up as something we're looking out for. Which isn't so big and scarry, but also Fibroids. But she's taking my concerns seriously, and is curious like me to find out why I'm almost at the year mark and nothing. 12 cycles and I'm 30.

She said we'll know more of where we stand once we get tests back. Then she'll make some referrals as she's not so comfortable treating special things herself... and if I need surgery for endo,. well then she's not my girl either... but will help me find someone who is.

YAY Science!

Good luck with the tests!!

I was at the dr. This week and was hoping she'd schedule some boodwork bc my periods keep getting shorter and I am spotting for a week before my period. She won't order the bloodwork bc we have only been ttc for 6 months. I wouldn't be so anxious if something didn't feel off to me. She did schedule a hysterosonography for this Monday though. It will determine if I have polyps. I do have a fibroid, but it isn't a factor according to my dr.

I am going to try and listen to her and not worry so much. Just bd on cd 10, 12, 14 and 16.

Tsy, what happened with your testing? Hope everything is okay! You must be somewhat glad to get to the year point so that you can start getting answers! :hugs:

Hi, duckie, and welcome! :hi:

Sb, I'm right behind you with the HSG. You'll have to tell me how it goes! How do you know you have a fibroid? I can't believe she won't give you any blood tests, despite potential indicators of problems! :grr: I'm getting an HSG about a week after whenever AF shows up. God :)haha:) only knows when that will be. I'm really worried, as I've had an intermittent pain where I imagine my left ovary is since this whole thing started, BUT it's the wrong side for the ectopic, which was my right tube. The pain is now more or less constant, so I know something is up (it's not intense pain, but very noticeable). I've been trying to decide if I can wait for the HSG, but I think I just need to go in and be seen. :cry:

I hope all three of us get good answers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->