Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Tsy, what happened with your testing? Hope everything is okay! You must be somewhat glad to get to the year point so that you can start getting answers! :hugs:

Hi, duckie, and welcome! :hi:

Sb, I'm right behind you with the HSG. You'll have to tell me how it goes! How do you know you have a fibroid? I can't believe she won't give you any blood tests, despite potential indicators of problems! :grr: I'm getting an HSG about a week after whenever AF shows up. God :)haha:) only knows when that will be. I'm really worried, as I've had an intermittent pain where I imagine my left ovary is since this whole thing started, BUT it's the wrong side for the ectopic, which was my right tube. The pain is now more or less constant, so I know something is up (it's not intense pain, but very noticeable). I've been trying to decide if I can wait for the HSG, but I think I just need to go in and be seen. :cry:

I hope all three of us get good answers!

Sorry about all the pain! I always have cramping in my left ovary. The dr. says its just scar tissue from where I had a cyst removed. They found the fibroid when they removed the cyst this past March. Because they could take a look around then, they know I don't have endo.

I hope you get AF soon so they can do the scan! Do they think you have polyps? Good luck.

Thanks, Sb! Did you have symptoms from your cyst? Based on my reading, I'm pretty sure that's what I have. (Dr. Google!!!) It's good to know that it's fairly normal and usually not a big problem. They've done multiple ultrasounds on me (oh, the joys of the trans-vag!), and haven't noticed anything amiss, so I'm guessing no polyps, although we'll see with the HSG. Is there a reason you ask this? I don't know much about polyps. It's been a while since the last one, though, so I'm wondering if the suspected cyst has grown or something. I've had no prior symptoms of endometriosis, but who knows? :shrug:

Isn't all this fun?! :cry:

They caught the cyst because I told my dr. I was about to start ttc and I spotted a lot and bleed during sex. She ordered an ultrasound to make sure my lady parts were all good and they found the cyst. It was 7 cm. Most go away on their own, but I needed surgery. I asked about the polyps bc my dr. said they can cause an ectopic pregnancy. The egg might implant in one thinking it's the uterus lining.

pbl sorry that you're feeling poorly. I hope you, find out what's up with that soon.

And Sbmack... your Dr should send you for tests if things are changing on you. TTC or not, that's not cool. I mentioned my cycle changes to my dr and she's testing the hormones for me (my periods are short short)

So my ultrasound was pretty good, not nearly as uncomfortable as I expected the trans-vag... except I drank twice the recommended water because I was thirsty and then thought I was going to die getting to the appt because I had to take the subway one stop! So the tech said the radiologist has to look at the scans further but he said things look pretty clear from his perspective. Not a fibroid or cyst to be seen. My uterus was a little stiff but moved when he prodded it...apparently with Endometriosis your uterus can be very stiff (so I think that needs to be further checked by the radiologist as it didn't move as much as he liked) However, he said I had a 'beautiful uterus'... not a compliment you get every day:coffee:. He said it looked like I have plenty of eggs for my age and was able to see the one that I'm about to drop too, which was so neat. I'll be ovulating from the left side this month, and he said to 'get busy' this weekend as it was almost ready.:blush:

So, off for hormone testing on CD 21 (nov 5) and then to the doctor's for followup. I think I'll book my appt after AF is due that way I may get lucky and just need to confirm a bfp... or at least I'll have a next step if the :witch: gets me.

A funny note, I took an OPK today even though I know I'm about to ovulate, and I was over hydrated from all my tea so I told DH that I would take another test later because I wanted to be sure... and he said 'seriously, the DOCTOR told you that it's about to happen, do you REALLY need another test'... it just struck me funny that I'm so into this pattern now that I needed to keep testing.

Tsy - ot must have felt really good to have gotten our goods checked out and esp to have seen the egg ready to drop! I have always wanted to see that! Maybe next cycle I'll request closer monitoring from my doctor! I'm so happy you're getting checked out and have all your appts set up and ready to go. On the right track!

pbl - Pain in your ovary? That can't be good. Get it checked out. A cyst sounds possible.

Sbmack - a 7cm cyst! That sounds really big. So sorry about that, good thing they removed it. I have PCOS, so there are several small cysts on my ovaries, but the doctor didn't seem to be concerned about them. I guess they aren't big enough to need removed.

AFM, temp is up again. Hoping it's a good sign. I was planning on testing this morning, but when I went into my test stash I only had one empty box left. Whoops. Will head to the store last today to pick up a couple for this week. I'm either 13 or 8 dpo, so just need to hold in there for a few more days to see whats what. Luckily I have a super busy weekend with lots of work to do, so I should be able to keep my mind off ttc.

That's a nice rise you've got there Viet! I've heard you can be super fertile the cycle following a loss... so maybe you're lucky and this is a sticky bean nesting!!!

And yes I do feel better having that first test out of the way. My lady bits are where they should be and it was really neat to have that egg spotted. He measured and said it was 17mm and it needs to get to 20mm before it drops, how cool is that. I'm such a geek.

He did see a slightly smaller egg on my right ovary but said it was too small to be this month, I guess that's what they mean by a few follicles will start creating eggs but one will dominate.

Good luck holding off testing.

Tsy - I guess I'm a bit of a geek as well then! I really was hoping that my doctor would point out an egg to me, but maybe none were developed far enough to see? Personally I loved having the ultrasound and seeing everything in there. I've had two so far, and thought they were cool. I guess the whole 'wand up your vag' thing is a little uncomfortable, but I loved getting to see in there!

Last cycle my temps were up and down and all over the place and then I MC, so I'm hoping that if I am pg, the stable rise in temp is a good thing!

I hope anyone who's in Sandy's path is safe and dry! Let us know when you make it through ok???

Viet, that's a promising possible-implantation dip you have! And Tsy, looks like you just o'ed! Did you get in good :sex: to catch the eggy? FX and :dust: to you both!

I went to the Dr's this AM. $50 and one transvag to tell me they couldn't see anything. :grr: So, there's no cyst, which is good, and she gave me two possibilities. The first is that it's just some small adhesion, which very well might go away on its own and/or be detected and/or resolved when I have the HSG. The second is that it's referred pain from my right side. I'm actually guessing that might be it, because this whole time I've been having pain on my left side when the ectopic was on the right. This would explain that. :wacko:

She also said that I'm about to ovulate. Veeeeerrrrrrrry tempted to try to catch that, but since it's on the same side as before, and I still don't know if there's a real reason for the ectopic, it seems like a really bad idea.

In the meantime, I'm not in the real path of Sandy, but close enough to get heavy rain and strong winds and generally icky weather. Does not help a Monday morning!!!

:hugs: and :dust:....

Hey girls!

Saw this pic today and thought of this thread!

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/F578D03F-B6B0-41F5-B116-B4F3D26DBC91-8592-00000A900B298D41.jpg

Hope you are all well xx

Viet, that's a promising possible-implantation dip you have! And Tsy, looks like you just o'ed! Did you get in good :sex: to catch the eggy? FX and :dust: to you both!

I went to the Dr's this AM. $50 and one transvag to tell me they couldn't see anything. :grr: So, there's no cyst, which is good, and she gave me two possibilities. The first is that it's just some small adhesion, which very well might go away on its own and/or be detected and/or resolved when I have the HSG. The second is that it's referred pain from my right side. I'm actually guessing that might be it, because this whole time I've been having pain on my left side when the ectopic was on the right. This would explain that. :wacko:

She also said that I'm about to ovulate. Veeeeerrrrrrrry tempted to try to catch that, but since it's on the same side as before, and I still don't know if there's a real reason for the ectopic, it seems like a really bad idea.

In the meantime, I'm not in the real path of Sandy, but close enough to get heavy rain and strong winds and generally icky weather. Does not help a Monday morning!!!

:hugs: and :dust:....

Glad you don't have any cysts! Also, it's exciting that you're about to ovulate, but you're probably right to wait. My dr. told me I have to wait out this cycle because of the infection. I will be done with the medication so it's tempting to try, but I'm going to listen to her and try and relax more and not think too much about it next month.

It's getting pretty gnarly here in NH (I'm pretty close to the coast) and we aren't even close to the epicenter. The governor issued a state of emergency and we were told to be off the streets after 3:00. I am in outside sales so I just came home. A huge pine tree came down at my neighbors house and landed on three cars! No damage at my house and we still have power!

ps, I don't have any polyps. The inside of my uterus looks great according the the doctor. Yay! Now that I know nothing is wrong I think I'll be able to relax more.

ps, I don't have any polyps. The inside of my uterus looks great according the the doctor. Yay! Now that I know nothing is wrong I think I'll be able to relax more.

Yay another beautiful uterus!

Winds are getting bad and I caught a headline that a lady was killed by a blown down sign.
They have cut back our forecast rainfall but wind warnings are still in effect. Off to sleep for me. OH is snoring away...

Hi! AF arrived full force last night. Boo! But I figure it was probably a good thing since I just MC. On to the next cycle. I was pretty impressed that even despite the MC, I had the shortest cycle I've had yet, only 37 days! I Oed on CD24 and had a 13 day LP. All good signs that my body is getting back to normal after stopping BC 18 months ago. Yah!

I have a MASSIVE stash of tests for next cycle, and am planning to continue with acu this cycle as well as my new prescription for baby aspirin, keep up with my prenatals and add an extra calcium tablet to my daily meds. I might also be taking the remainder of my Chinese herds to use them up this cycle (got to check in with my acu to see if their still good!). We'll BD every other day and start everyday at CD12. Big Plans!

Hope you and yours are staying safe and dry in NH, Sb! We're only getting the far reaches here, as we're 400 miles from NYC. Last night had some serious rain and wind. We had a tiny amount of water in the basement and discovered a tiny roof leak. And the dog tried to eat the cat (OH showed some momentary poor judgment by bringing them in the same room on a stormy night), and the cat ran into the storm, but we got him back inside. Soggy and freaked out, but intact. Aside from the near-misses I think we're okay.

Glad your ute looked squeaky clean! :haha: :thumbup:

Tsy, where are you? I see celsius and I assume not US.

Sorry for AF, viet! :hugs: As you say, it's probably a good thing to wait out a cycle. And hopefully your body will reset a bit and give you shorter cycles!

I'm a bit annoyed that the docs see no reason for the pain, which means I just have to put up with it. Otherwise just waiting waiting waiting waiting.....

Hey Pbl, the waiting game is the worst! Still waiting over here for O after my stupid body tricking me with fertile signs at the usual time, then deciding not to bother going through with it, so still waiting to see if and when it will decide to happen this cycle, and if it will end up being another crazy long one! Also still waiting on an appointment coming through for he scan my GP referred me for to hopefully rule out PCOS.

I'm in Toronto actually. So we had lots of wind and rain. My friend just a few blocks away (less than a mile) has no power as a big tree came down on the lines.
I just have the edge of a migraine due to the weather though nothing like Friday night's thankfully.

Pbl, glad your dog didn't eat your cat and that your cat didn't disappear into the storm! I hope the pain starts to fade soon.

Viet, sorry about your AF!

Tsy, glad you didn't loose power. We were lucky and didn't either. Last year's Halloween storm left us without power for over a week.

Bubbles, good to hear that your body seems to be recovering nicely from the MC.

Pbl, glad your dog didn't eat your cat and that your cat didn't disappear into the storm! I hope the pain starts to fade soon.

Tsy, glad you didn't loose power. We were lucky and didn't either. Last year's Halloween storm left us without power for over a week.

Thanks but I've not had MC, still not managed to conceive yet! Was this meant for someone else?

Thanks but I've not had MC, still not managed to conceive yet! Was this meant for someone else?

Sorry. I was confusing you with someone from another thread. I only really post in two, but it can get confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->