Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Tsy, I'm just over the border from you, near Buffalo! Lots of Toronto folks here on BnB. Hope the migraine is better. Your chart is looking great!

And Bubbles, I'm sooooooooooooo sorry to see that chart! :grr: :grr: :grr: It looks like you're trying to O, so FX it will happen soon!!!

How is everyone else?

Nothing new for me, I'm afraid. Just waiting for AF so we can get the HSG and try again. :coffee:

Oh wow you ate close then.

Yes my temps are pretty good compared to that first month I was temping.

Tsy, I'm just over the border from you, near Buffalo! Lots of Toronto folks here on BnB. Hope the migraine is better. Your chart is looking great!

And Bubbles, I'm sooooooooooooo sorry to see that chart! :grr: :grr: :grr: It looks like you're trying to O, so FX it will happen soon!!!

How is everyone else?

Nothing new for me, I'm afraid. Just waiting for AF so we can get the HSG and try again. :coffee:

Hey Pbl, hope AF comes soon so you can really start to get things moving on.

I really thought I'd be back to a more normal chart this time but looks like I'm heading for another long one! Really hope it's less than the 66 days last cycle though. No idea what's going on, it's so frustrating not really having many proper chances to TTC! We had a couple of friends over last night who are expecting in the next few weeks. Made me sad to see her big bump and hear her say she wished she'd gone for surrogacy to just get the baby and not have to do the pregnancy, I would love to experience that and feel like it will never happen for us at the moment.

I have a scan appointment through for the 12th to hopefully rule out PCOS...

Hi Ladies, I've been mia for a bit. Trying not to obsess about ttc. Also, because of my bv infection this month, my dr. said I should wait this cycle out. I was doing fine with that, but yesterday (cd14) was the day I usually Ovulate. I could feel that I was ovulationg in my left Ovary (which is more open than my right- I had a dye test done back in March when I had a cyst removed) and I had Ewcm like I've never had before. Because everything seemed on point we bd'd yesterday. That will be the only time during my fertile window though bc I'm supposed to wait another week to make sure the infection doesn't come back. The dr. also advised I use boric acid suppositories for the next week. Sorry if this is all TMI, but she says it's most likely the cause of all my spotting.

FX for you all. I am officially in the TWW now. I'm not going to stress though bc we only had one shot this month.

Bubbles, I hope you figure everything out soon and your cycles get back to normal!

Ppl, I hope the witch comes soon.

I've been away for awhile. I've been trying not to obsess. I'm due on the 15th, maybe this will be my month. I was in Florida last week, and I think I timed things right. Time will tell. In the meantime, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow just to make sure everything is okay, and to attempt to expedite things.

so i know that im a preggo and not a ttcer anymore but i could use some advice. Do any of you have a super religious family to deal with? what are your plans for your LO's when they come? we want to raise this baby as a free thinker and allow them to make their own choices...but it is important to us that our child not be exposed to religions before they are old enough to make informed decisions about what they are seeing/hearing/participating in. Our families are going to flip :nope: I'm thinking our best bet will be to let them know up front that if they expose our child to their poison that they will never see it again?? I know that is kind of harsh...but little kids are so impressionable and I do not want my children raised in that insanity. so back to the original question: what is your plan? :flower:

I was glad to find this thread ! Hubby and I are athiest and aside from my father (who is somewhat of a minister) both of our families are pretty much non religious.... My hubby's sister's kids are in catholic school though. They think its a better school system and my hubby seems to think the same too. I had always planned for public school so not sure what i really think about that.... He thinks its good for young children to be exposed to those values and that they dont necessarily take them religiously (note he is total athiest but he was trying to think it out...) . I dont know what I think! We are nowhere near that point (only TTC) but still!

I am happy to find this thread as well. My husband and I are both atheist- I come from a religious family and he does not. We are NTNP for #1. We haven't been at it for very long and the [very few] people that I've told have all said they are praying for me and that it'll happen in God's time. I know they mean well but it gets tiring.

We're currently in TWW- can't wait to test and if it's :bfn: get on to the next cycle. Wishing the best for all of you too!

We are in the same boat. Usually approach it like this..."we are raising our children independent of any organized religion or related ideas, and we will leave it up to them to make their own informed decisions when they are older. We don't encourage them to believe or not to believe, but we simply encourage them to learn and discover on their own when they are older." Hope that helps some, but I'm sure you could put your own thoughts out there like that. Just ask them to respect your parental boundaries too.

I'm annoyed...another person told me today to pray about concieving.

Wow, so many new folks! :hi: Welcome to you all!

:hi: MMW! How did the doctor's appt go?

Tsy--chart still looking great! When are you planning to test? :test:!!!

Bubbles -- hope your appt goes well. Sorry about your friend. :grr: That's not a terribly sensitive thing to say, even if she has no idea you're TTC.

SB, the month of my BFP the first symptom I had was loads of CM--VERY noticeable. :blush: Apparently it doesn't always indicate a BFP, but it's a great sign! Keep up posted!

Glad to see everything's still going well, Mrs. Mabery! :thumbup:

And welcome to Candi, Petzi, and Mon_ami! :hi:

I'll throw my 2 cents in here on these issues. First, the "god's will" thing gets more and more irritating. A lot of folks told me that it was "god's will" or "god's plan" when I had a miscarriage. I have no idea how that could be of any comfort to anyone, no matter how religious, but I'm probably just obtuse. :shrug: I felt free to be pretty blunt in response ("I'm an atheist, and I don't believe in any god"), which I'm sure won me no friends, but I just wasn't in the mood for diplomacy.

As for raising kids, I think our likely approach will be exposure to many religions, including the "Church of the Nauset Beach," which is how my MIL says my OH was raised. It seems futile to try to shield them from exposure to all religion, and I personally appreciate being fairly well versed in the Christian Bible, even if it's rarely relevant to my personal life. Both of us are also public school kids, and I'm a big fan of that route. Partly because I don't think I could stomach spending that much money on private school, partly because I don't want them to grow up insulated from the riffraff (if you will), but mainly because I believe in the principle. Both OH and I turned out quite fine after our experiences, thank you very much!

Glad to see so many new folks here! Hope this thread just gets more and more active!

AFM, still just waiting.......:coffee:

Welcome ladies!

Kudos to you plb for being upfront and telling those who comment on 'god's will' that your an atheist. The look on their faces must've been priceless. I also agree with your sediments regarding raising kids in public schools. I want my kids to grow up with children from a wide array of backgrounds (which may be tough in NH) Also, a lot of women I know that went to Catholic school still carry around a lot of Catholic guilt...

I'm happy to expose our kids to lots of religion....and science and cultural stuff and fun food etc.

DH has it in him to convince our kids that whatever his mom will tell them religion wise are just fairytales. We'll get flack for not baptising but whatever....we got heat for eloping too.

Also won't be testing until I'm late. I've seen enough bfn to be patient.

Tsy, totally agree about the fairytales. That's really what I consider the Bible to be...fables and life lessons (although some things in it aren't so inclusive).

Plb, I tried to read you journal, but the link in your signature didn't take me there...'page not found'

So really unhappy. Went to the fertility doctor yesterday, who did take me seriously despite not trying for a year. They did blood work. Called me today to tell me I'm didn't ovulate this month even though stupid CMFM said I did. I'm supposed to start taking some pills (I can't remember what they said. I'm going to call back when I'm on lunch. I'm at work, or else I'd call right now....) on day 3 of my next cycle. I'm also supposed to also get more blood work on Day 3 prior to taking the pills. I'm throughly depressed. My DH is supposed to get a sperm analysis tomorrow. But still. He's probably fine, and I feel like this is completely my fault. I can't focus on my job or anything. I'm so depressed.

Oh MMW, so sorry the appt. didn't go well. At least they are looking into everything for you. Do not feel like this is all your fault!! I totally understand on not being able to focus on anything else when you get bad news like this. How do they know if you didn't ovulate. ALso, do you still get periods if you don't?? Good luck!!

My periods are regular....28 day cycle. So, yes, I do get a period. I've never missed ever. They can tell based on the blood test that I didn't, I guess.

Since I've posted a couple of times and I really dig the vibe of this thread I thought I should make a proper intro. I'm recently married to a man that has 3 children, he has sole custody and we raise them together. My stepkids are superb!! I am 34 years old and trying to get pregnant for the first time. I have been trying for about 9 months now, and I am recently on clomid. AF is due today so I hope the hag is a no show! At any rate, we are atheist and raise our kids free of any religious influence and encourage independent research so that they may decide on their own.

Okay, the medicine is "Letrozole" and I'm supposed to have a test to see if my tubes are opened. Not looking forward to that. :nope:

MMW, first of all it's totally normal to have an anovulatory cycle every now and then. Apparently about 1 a year is the average. One thing to know is that if you temp if you can know for sure that you o'ed, as you see temps stay high. Just a thought. So don't worry that one cycle was no O, as you are in all probability just having a fluke cycle!

I know absolutely nothing about Letrozole, so I'll leave that question for someone else and/or Dr. Google.

The tubes test is called an HSG (no one ever uses its full name--google it and you'll see why!) , and it's also a typical part of a work-up, so lots of ladies have them. I'll be getting one soon, whenever AF decides to show up. They can be painful, but apparently is generally along the lines of period cramps. Some people feel very little discomfort at all. You may well get yours before me, but I'll pass my experiences on if not.

And thanks for the intro, Candi! Good to meet you. (shakes hands) I just recently turned 35, so we're similarly aged. I think most of us on this thread (if not all) are trying to achieve our first pregnancy, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->