Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

I agree with pbl . It could have been a fluke cycle esp if you are super regular. I think you should temp too. That let my Dr know all sorts of things so she could send me for the right tests. I also don't know anything about the drug other than what Dr Google told me.
I always take issues with drs who throw meds at something before they fully investigate. That happened with my neurologist and my migraines. I finally asked for another Dr. The new one did a work up before we started playing with trial and error meds. Also the new one was more interested in preventing than just giving me pain meds....sorry. done with my Dr rant.

I'm likely going to have the tube test too at some point. I'll be interested in your experiences. I'm a believer of getting to the bottom of things and making my decision with as many facts as possible.

Good luck MMW. Do what you feel is right. As frustrating as that may be at least they are looming into things.

:hugs:

I think because of my other issues, and not being able to be on my medication because of my want for a baby played a part in it. I need to get pregnant sooner rather than later because of that. She did say that it's technically controversial to prescribe medicine unless you've been trying for a year, but given my other situation, and having had an issue two weeks ago, if there was an issue with the blood work, she wanted to proceed. I think that's probably the reason for not fully investigating, but I agree with you and see what you're saying. The medication she prescribed she felt it was the safest for me. Its newer, and not fda approved for fertility, but it has few side effects and women have had success. I hope I'm one of them!

Next cycle I'm definitely starting temping. My DH is get a sperm analysis as we speak. Hoping for good news with that at least!

Thanks for all the advice ladies! I feel much better about things!

for the ladies with HSG coming up: i know a lot of people say this test is bad but it wasn't bad at all for me. it was uncomfortable when they inserted the tube for the dye to go in, and i had a small period like cramp when the dye went through...that was it. i would say at least half as bad as what you would normally feel for a period cramp. i never had any crazy discharge after the first pad was changed. I didn't have a blockage at all or anything abnormal shown so that could have contributed to the ease. My doctor also prescribed 10mg of zanex (or something close to zanex) to calm my nerves before hand and i really think it helped a lot. I know people tell a lot of horror stories...i always wonder if they exaggerate or if i am just immune to pain because I would glady do the procedure again if i needed it no questions asked.

MMW then that makes sense. I had forgotten you mentioned other factors (I won't pry and ask what). Its nice that the Dr took that kind of holistic approach then. You are lucky for that.

Good luck. FX

for the ladies with HSG coming up: i know a lot of people say this test is bad but it wasn't bad at all for me. it was uncomfortable when they inserted the tube for the dye to go in, and i had a small period like cramp when the dye went through...that was it. i would say at least half as bad as what you would normally feel for a period cramp. i never had any crazy discharge after the first pad was changed. I didn't have a blockage at all or anything abnormal shown so that could have contributed to the ease. My doctor also prescribed 10mg of zanex (or something close to zanex) to calm my nerves before hand and i really think it helped a lot. I know people tell a lot of horror stories...i always wonder if they exaggerate or if i am just immune to pain because I would glady do the procedure again if i needed it no questions asked.

Yay to no blocked tubes!!

I also had the procedure done, but I was out bc they were removing a cyst from my ovary at the same time. I have a little blockage in my right tube. The left is clear.

they did miss the fact that i have a hidden left ovary :shrug: the doctor here couldnt find it where it is supposed to be and finally found it hiding behind my uterus. the only explanation we could think of was that when i am laying flat (like in the test) it is in the correct place. when im sitting in "the position" :haha: or standing it is hidden.

My temp started the dip today. I know the witch will be with me on schedule as usual. Knowing I have my appt lined up with the Dr. to follow up the tests makes me feel a little better. Doesn't mean I won't have my end of cycle breakdown but here's hoping I don't.

We're going to organize the apartment and move some things around tomorrow. I'm quite excited. We'll be finally fixing up the spaces we've left empty since we moved in because we couldn't decide on what to do.

What's everyone else up to?

Tsy, don't worry--itty bitty fluctuations are just noise! Once you're established O, there's not a ton else that your chart can tell you, and some people recommend that you NOT chart anymore during the LP. Some people in the 1st trim (during my brief stay there) were FREAKING out over minor temp changes. It meant nothing. There's a bit of a chance of a triphasic, but it's a minority of BFP charts and a nontrivial number of BFN charts that show it. My BFP chart didn't look triphasic or particularly good at all.

Anyway, that's my soap box/pep talk. You're not out until you're out!!! :dust: And organizing the apt sounds great!

Nothing new here. I THINK I'm 10 dpo, which would indicate 4 short days until my first real post-mc AF. I'm very excited for it.

And Mrs. Mabery, I have never heard of a hidden ovary! :saywhat: Our bodies are wild, aren't they?

Thanks pbl I love a good soap box talk. I know you are right but I'm also really tired of getting my hopes up. This is the year mark. ID rather think like this and be surprised than be hopeful and let down. I think I'm only going to temp until the drs are done then just go back to ntnp.
I just want to relax again and I'm not so relaxed the longer this has taken.

I guess I should have really listened to you pbl. I tested this morning as my temp went up again instead of down and I wanted to prove to myself that it was nothing but my body called my bluff... bfp instead. I'm still in shock but happy to bring another heathen baby to the group.

I guess I should have really listened to you pbl. I tested this morning as my temp went up again instead of down and I wanted to prove to myself that it was nothing but my body called my bluff... bfp instead. I'm still in shock but happy to bring another heathen baby to the group.

Aaahh. So exciting. Congratulations!!!!

Whoohoo! I KNEW it! Hoping (not praying) for a sticky one!!! Congrats!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

I vote we start our own group- Heathen babies (atheist, agnostic, non-religious and secular humanist graduates!) :wohoo: so excited for you :)

I vote we start our own group- Heathen babies (atheist, agnostic, non-religious and secular humanist graduates!) :wohoo: so excited for you :)

During my brief stay in the pregnancy forums, I started an analogous thread. I think it was in the Pregnancy Groups forum.

I'm a 27 yr old anti-theist, TTC for probly 5+ yrs so far, 1 MC about 2 yrs ago, self proclaimed "Girl with the Longest Cycles on Earth"

I was on Metformin, which shortened my cycles to under 40 days, but it made me feel so bad that I quit. Started taking Bona Dea Raspberry Leaf extract instead to tone my uterine lining, and I love it, but this month, i'm already at day 55!!! Boobs are suuuuper sore.....owie owie.....and they look and feel heavier....i've taken 3 preg tests in the last week and a half and all are negative. Usually once I take the PT and it's neg, Aunt Flo comes to visit right away lol

I'm also on a high quality Cod Liver Oil and Liquid Prenatal by Source of Life.

Maybe I'm pregnant, maybe I'm not.... if i see one more negative test, i might cry! I need some sister support!!!

:wacko:

Tsy: Wahoooooo! I am so excited for you! right at the one year mark too! I haven't been keeping up with this thread... how many days past O are you?

triceratops: welcome! I also have long cycles, but I found that acupuncture has really helped shorten them from 60+ days to 30-something day cycles.

AFM: Waiting to O. I've been driving myself a bit nuts with the temping and chart analyzing. I think my husband is just about ready to throw the thermometer out the window along with FF. I know O is coming.. we just need to keep up the BDing... lucky that we both have easy work week this week and weekend, so we'll get plenty in!

Congrats Tsy! :happydance: That's awesome! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

And welcome triceratops. My hat goes off to you for trying for so long. My husband and I just started and even after a month it is trying my patience! Know that I am sending you positive vibes and hoping for the best for you.

You're all in my thoughts this week- let's make it a great one!

I'm a 27 yr old anti-theist, TTC for probly 5+ yrs so far, 1 MC about 2 yrs ago, self proclaimed "Girl with the Longest Cycles on Earth"

I was on Metformin, which shortened my cycles to under 40 days, but it made me feel so bad that I quit. Started taking Bona Dea Raspberry Leaf extract instead to tone my uterine lining, and I love it, but this month, i'm already at day 55!!! Boobs are suuuuper sore.....owie owie.....and they look and feel heavier....i've taken 3 preg tests in the last week and a half and all are negative. Usually once I take the PT and it's neg, Aunt Flo comes to visit right away lol

I'm also on a high quality Cod Liver Oil and Liquid Prenatal by Source of Life.

Maybe I'm pregnant, maybe I'm not.... if i see one more negative test, i might cry! I need some sister support!!!

:wacko:

maybe give angus castus a try if you haven't already? I had 70-100 day cycles in year 3 of ttc and it shortened me down to under 40 within about 3 months. :thumbup:

Thanks for this Mrs Mabrey, I started Agnus Castus just over 6 weeks ago, wasn't sure if I should keep up with it but think I will now, as my cycles are still crazy since BCP but my scan yesterday showed its not PCOS or anything like that, so hopefully it might do the trick eventually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->