Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Hey ladies. I have quite a bit of catching up to do. I am normally in the Miscarriage and TTC after a Loss forums, but have decided to venture out a little bit. I am so glad I found this thread!! I currently socialize with a great group of ladies in other forums, but most of them are Christian. They come off as wonderful people, don't get me wrong. It is just nice to be among like minded people and share in the journey. Look forward to knowing you all.

I am TTC again after getting pregnant in late September of this year only to lose my baby at around 4 or 5 weeks (I never got a definite answer on when. I had a horrible health care experience during and immediately after the pregnancy). I haven't carried a baby to term so I feel I fit better in the TTC #1 camp. I promise I am not a total Debbie Downer. I am looking forward to brighter days ahead, especially in 2013 :)

The first time around I was trying to conceive I was not on prenatal vitamins. I was taking multivitamins though and trying to eat better. This second time around I am on prenatal vitamins, on pregnancy friendly blood pressure medication, am eating better, exercising, and using some aids I did not use before, like Preseed. I am on CD16. I don't chart or temp just yet. I have only had one AF since my miscarriage and I still feel kind of wonky. I bought a small canister of white grape fruit juice to aid in producing more fertile, sperm friendly CM and also bought an expectorant with Guaifenesin to also aid in more sperm friendly CM. I have read the grape fruit juice can help. I am hoping it does.

Hi MamaTex, and welcome! I know what you mean--I don't go to the regular TTC boards. Part of it is TTCAL, but part of it is being older. I have no patience for a 25 year old telling me it's taken her 6 months to TTC her fourth child. I'm sure it's frustrating for her, but I'd rather just not hear it. And good for you for losing weight and taking such good care of yourself!I hope you get your sticky BFP soon!

Still no AF. Now, I'm a week late. I have to keep telling myself that the bloodwork done on day 20, said I didn't ovulate, so I can't be pregnant....but then this irritating little voice in my head says "What if it was wrong?" It's just not making sense to me. I'm always on time, antibiotics or not....or if it was late due to antibiotics, it was maybe 2 days at the most. I really think this is the first time in my life I've been THIS late. I've had off and on cramps for about a week, so I've been in a constant state of mind of "Okay, it's going to come tomorrow, because you have cramps"....because that's usually how it works. Cramps for a day, AF the next day.

I'm driving myself crazy, and I know everyone says that stress could delay it.....but I'm an extremely high strung person all the time, so my life is always in a state of stress.

I definitely think that stress can interfere with conception. I too tend to be high strung, but I find I'm a much happier person if I can relax. For me, it helps to get good exercise. I did yoga for years, but we "broke up." I find running is more therapeutic. I don't run very far or very fast, mind you, but I feel loads better after I do.

Why not start temping now? Unless you have a thyroid problem, you'll get a pretty good idea if you're pre- or -post O just based on your temps. And if you STILL haven't O'ed, you might see it happen in the next few days. :thumbup:

Sorry you're crampy, viet. As you say, I hope it means something!

And, Tsy, you don't need to go anywhere!

Happy buy nothing day, everyone!

Okay, I talked to the doctor. They want me to take a HPT tomorrow, because there's a change I ovulated late, even though I think ovulating after day 20 when I've always been super regular, is unlikely but whatever. If it's positive, fantastic. If it's negative, I'm supposed to wait until next Friday (that will be 2 weeks late) and hope it comes. If it doesn't come, I'm supposed to call them, so they can give me Provera to make AF come.

Apparently, skipping a month ovulation can cause AF not to come.

Now, I need to go buy more tests. I don't even know what kind to buy. If it was a BFP, I'd be thrilled. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, because I think that might be unlikely.

Welcome MamaTex.

Good luck MMW. Hopefully your cycle will get back to normal. Or, even better, a BFP!

I'm on cd 7 today. Looking forward to bd'ing next week.

Plb, I try to run a couple times a week. I hate it, but I do feel great after. I also go to yoga once a week. It really helps me relax.

I need to do whatever I can to help reduce stress. My mother and her husband have been living with us since September. I'm afraid it's affecting ttc. Hopefully they will sell their house soon and get another one. They moved up here bc her husband requested a transfer. I want her closer when we have children. I just didn't think it would be in my house.

Good luck to those still waiting to test!

I need to do whatever I can to help reduce stress. My mother and her husband have been living with us since September. I'm afraid it's affecting ttc. Hopefully they will sell their house soon and get another one. They moved up here bc her husband requested a transfer. I want her closer when we have children. I just didn't think it would be in my house.

I know having my sister live with us for 6 months did a lot for my stress. And the joke with DH and my BFF is that as soon as I knew she was leaving we got our BFP.... :dohh:

Guess we should have kicked her out sooner :haha:

But you can't kick your mom out...exactly. Good luck. :hugs:

AF finally came....8 days late. So, I'm happy. Monday I get bloodwork and ideally Tuesday I get to start the medicine to hopefully induce ovulation.

MMW: glad to hear you got AF! Even better news that you are starting meds and talking with your dr about what's happening. I have a feeling a bfp will be coming soon!

AFM, tested today at 9dpo, BFN. Will try to hold out until Wednesday to test again, but have a feeling I'll find myself poas tomorrow morning ;)

Sorry about BFN, viet, but it's still early!

MMW, I assume you won't be inducing O now, right?

Tsy, why on earth are you still charting? :haha: Put the thermometer down, young lady! :gun:

Sb, Sorry about the houseguest. :dohh: Do you think she'd be invested enough to leave if she thought it would help you generate a grandkid for her? Mine would do just about anything to help!

AFM, I'm still waiting for my first TTC O. HSG tomorrow morning. Wish me luck, as I'm REALLY nervous about it.

I'm temping until I hear a heartbeat.... it keeps me sane!

Good luck Pbl, hope it's not too uncomfortable.

Tsy - I don't think I could give up on the temping either, too much of a habit for me! I panic when I have to stay over with friends or family who might be disturbed by my 5am alarm in case I have to miss a day, even if its during AF or when I know it really won't matter to miss a day!

I love temping as well. I never was able to stop when I got pg. I don't think I have missed a day in months.

went to bed last night with a mild fever, woke up fine but with a low temp? Not under cover line, but still low. Maybe due to the fever last night? Anyways, tested BFN this morning. But man do I have a case of line eye!

Sorry about BFN, viet, but it's still early!

MMW, I assume you won't be inducing O now, right?

Tsy, why on earth are you still charting? :haha: Put the thermometer down, young lady! :gun:

Sb, Sorry about the houseguest. :dohh: Do you think she'd be invested enough to leave if she thought it would help you generate a grandkid for her? Mine would do just about anything to help!

AFM, I'm still waiting for my first TTC O. HSG tomorrow morning. Wish me luck, as I'm REALLY nervous about it.

My mother is really supportive about ttc. The main reason she and her husband moved here (she was 2.5 hours away) is to be close to me and my future kids. She knew we were starting to try in June when we did. Unfortunately it's taking longer to sell their house than they thought and they can't really move forward until they do. My mother is also still looking for a job. I have to think of the good things in this situation to stay positive. She does all my laundry and keeps the kitchen clean. I still make the food...she never was much of a cook and I love to.
My husband feels strange having his moher in law do his laundry, but she says she wants to earn her keep.

I hope the HSG goes well Plb!

Viet, your not out till the witch shows.

Tsy, we are going into our third month. I really hope it doesn't last longer than six. I can't exactly kick them out, but I don't know how long I'll last before it really starts to get to me.

Good luck with the bloodwork MMW.

Hey any least she's doing something to share the load. My sister barely did dishes let alone anything else. So it may not be so bad if she helps out while she's there with you. FXd all the same!!

I don't know how you guys do it with live-ins. We had a room mate for a few months like 3 years ago and we rarely dtd unless he was out, my husband was super paranoid about it. When my mom was here to visit he couldn't get excited even though she was three rooms away. It's the only time he has ever not been able to get it up! I know for sure ttc would be put on hold if my in-laws where living with us.

if my mom had moved in with us my body would probably seal it's self shut! :haha: she is such a prude and gets so appalled if she thinks we do anything. she even pulled my husband to the side when we visited last year and asked if he could refrain from kissing me in front of her...and made sure to let him know that it was completely inappropriate for us to do any more than that even behind closed doors in her house. :haha: if she knew all the things that had gone on under her roof when we were dating :blush:

We haven't had a roomate in almost ten years so it has been an adjustment with them here. We felt strange at first, but hey they are in our house and we need to make a baby! Luckily we have a tempurpedic bed so it doesn't make any noise....sorry tmi.

I am going nuts waiting for the doctors office to call and tell me if it's okay to start taking the medicine. Of course I'm at work and probably won't be able to answer. I really, really, really, hope this solves all the problems and makes me ovulate!

I am going nuts waiting for the doctors office to call and tell me if it's okay to start taking the medicine. Of course I'm at work and probably won't be able to answer. I really, really, really, hope this solves all the problems and makes me ovulate!

I hope it works for you! I may have missed it, but how did you know you didn't ovulate?

I hope it works for you! I may have missed it, but how did you know you didn't ovulate?

It's okay! I was able to get a doctor to see me even though we haven't been trying a year. The Clinic feels that if ttc is becoming a problem for you, it's a problem regardless of how long you've been trying. I went, got bloodwork, one of the tests being progesterone, and it showed I was still in the follicular phase. It was day 20, so I should have ovulated by that point. This might have been the first time that happened since TTC, it might not have. I just recently started using a CBFM, and the first month I used it, it said I did.
By the second month, I didn't feel like using it, because I thought maybe if I wasn't thinking about it all the time, I would relax, and BFP would happen, but it didn't, so I made the appointment, and got the bloodwork. AF was REALLY late of course, and it was driving me crazy. It started Saturday, I got bloodwork Monday, got the results yesterday. They were fine, just like I thought they'd be. So, now I'm on Letrozole. I do have a somewhat extentuating circumstances (just health things I'd rather not get into) making it kind of important I get a BFP sooner rather than later, and I think it was those circumstances that made them more willing to put me on medication, because I'm 24, and I think in most cases they would have been having me wait it out. I'm using the monitor again, and hopefully I'll get my BFP this month!

We haven't had a roomate in almost ten years so it has been an adjustment with them here. We felt strange at first, but hey they are in our house and we need to make a baby! Luckily we have a tempurpedic bed so it doesn't make any noise....sorry tmi.

As a grown adult, the room mate shouldn't be all that traumatized even if he or she does here you guys going at it. If he hasn't learned about the birds and the bees by now, this is his time to learn about it :haha:

As a grown adult, the room mate shouldn't be all that traumatized even if he or she does here you guys going at it. If he hasn't learned about the birds and the bees by now, this is his time to learn about it :haha:

They are definitely adults....it's still kind of weird when it's your mother and stepfather. Awkward

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->