Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

We haven't had a roomate in almost ten years so it has been an adjustment with them here. We felt strange at first, but hey they are in our house and we need to make a baby! Luckily we have a tempurpedic bed so it doesn't make any noise....sorry tmi.

As a grown adult, the room mate shouldn't be all that traumatized even if he or she does here you guys going at it. If he hasn't learned about the birds and the bees by now, this is his time to learn about it :haha:

They are definitely adults....it's still kind of weird when it's your mother and stepfather. Awkward

Oh I missed that they were family. Ya, that is kind of awkward!!

Oh, yes. I'm new to these forums, but please add me in! Haha.

I was raised in a southern Baptist family with extended family of backwoods religious people who dance with snakes. Sooooo I decided pretty early in my life that religion was not for me. Couple that with my bisexuality, and my family's religion didn't want any part of me.

I am very open-minded about religion though, and if it makes someone feel better to believe that "god" has blessed them in his own time, then I will agree with them. Whatever floats your boat. :thumbup:

I am agnostic. I'm a bit of a ghost hunter, so I do believe in spirits. Nice to know I'm not the only "faithless" person here!

Hey ladies,

Think I finally got me a BFP yesterday...

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/551927A4-7AF6-43BA-8FBA-EBD8FA2FF73C-4899-0000064131E87065.jpg

Completely shocked and keep expecting it to show negative when I test again!

Hope some more of you ladies will be following very shortly! :)

congrats bubbles! that is exactly what my first BFP looked like!! :happydance:

Thanks, bit deflated today though, 17dpo but can't get a line on anything other than a FRER, the digital said 'Not pregnant' very depressing!

Sorry to hear that. But the digitals are not as sensitive as other tests, and I think FRER is the most sensitive you can get in the store. So don't give up hope! Fx'd for you!

Hey ladies,

Think I finally got me a BFP yesterday...

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/551927A4-7AF6-43BA-8FBA-EBD8FA2FF73C-4899-0000064131E87065.jpg

Completely shocked and keep expecting it to show negative when I test again!

Hope some more of you ladies will be following very shortly! :)

:baby:

WOOO HOOOO!

Bubbles. you giveth and you taketh away!!!! I'm hoping the one test was just more sensitive. I'll save my congrats just in case. Keep us posted!!!!!!!

:hugs: :dust:

my digital didn't turn positive for about 6 days after my FRER looked like that. if you assume you got a :BFP: at the absolute lowest it can detect and the numbers are doubling every day you would need a minimum of 4-5 days after the earliest detection on it for the digi to show. digi's are usually labeled at 150 or even 200 mui so no worries if it isn't positive just yet :thumbup:

Bubbles. you giveth and you taketh away!!!! I'm hoping the one test was just more sensitive. I'll save my congrats just in case. Keep us posted!!!!!!!

:hugs: :dust:

I know, it's so confusing! Been feeling really bad wishing I hadn't broke the news to DH so soon now I'm not sure what's occurring! I know that FRERs are supposed to be more sensitive, but it seems weird that no other tests are showing anything at 17dpo. I'm not sure if it actually makes a difference or not that I have a longish LP so AF is literally only just missed. Seems very odd the other tests show nothing at all, so if I hadn't had any FRERs I'd still just be wondering what happened to AF. Well I'm still not convinced she's not on her way actually, grr this roller coaster seriously never ends!

my digital didn't turn positive for about 6 days after my FRER looked like that. if you assume you got a :BFP: at the absolute lowest it can detect and the numbers are doubling every day you would need a minimum of 4-5 days after the earliest detection on it for the digi to show. digi's are usually labeled at 150 or even 200 mui so no worries if it isn't positive just yet :thumbup:

Thanks chick, I know this makes sense, but in my head I just can't believe that I'm pregnant at all, and seeing 'not pregnant' on a digi really threw me, and a negative on other tests that are supposed to be quite sensitive. I read posts before from people saying they'd got positives on one test then the feat negative, and I remember thinking how could that really happen, and they must've read the positive test wrong. A few people made me think I'd definitely see a positive on a digi with the result I got on the FRER, so really wasn't expecting it to show negative, especially at 17dpo, I would've thought a bean would be well snuggled in now?!

Bubbles: WHOOT WHOOT! SO exciting! That's a BFP for sure! But I totally know how you feel about not even believing it. As for the tests, maybe you're not really 17dpo? Could you have O'ed late this cycle? Do you chart?

This cycle I didn't really post much in this thread, but I got three BFP's on little chap tests and then got AF right on time 14dpo. Devastated is an understatement. I think they were all faulty tests as the positives were all with a different test brand then I normally use.

Drinking my way through AF this weekend....

Sorry Viet!

Bubbles, congrats!!

Not feeling good about this cycle. I usually see a dark line indicating O on the opk's. This month I've had three days of faint lines next to the control line which isn't dark either and I'm on CD 15- usually get a positive opk on cd 13. Oh well. Just booked a two week vacation in March. At least I'll have something to look forward to and a silver lining (rum drinks on the beach) if I don't get a BFP by then.

Is it too late to join this one? 56 pages. I think it's a great idea. My story:
I was technically raised Christian but not strictly. My twin sister and I went to Sunday school as while as my little brother until we were 12/5 and them we moved to a smaller town and never went to a church here. My dad and step-mom never went to church, they said they could pray from home. Eventually we grew up, started learning things in science class and my twin, dad and I all decided we didn't believe in Christian stories or any religions. We think they were put in place to put he fear of god into people to make them behave. I personally understand evolution, I think they have enough evidence to back it up to have my support: :) my fiancé is a Catholic though. Fortunately for me he's not a practicing Catholic or we wouldn't be living together or ttc before we get married and he doesn't go to church. Anyway, my ttc story. I have wanted a child since I was a child myself lol and my fiancé got on board about a month ago to start planning ttc. The original plan was to wtt until January but then th other nigh I said I'm on my last week of my pill I could have my breakthrough bleeding and hopefully be ovulating right around Christmas time? And he agreed, full heartedly

We are going to let them go to Sunday school but if they decide they don't want to then they don't have to. I am not going to pretend to believe in god but I'm also not going to convince them he's not real

So sorry Viet. Hugs. You don't need this after what you've gone through.

Congrats bubbles. Temps are good and 18 days up with a pos test ID say believe it. Some women take longer to show up on tests. The temps are your backup. I only took the Frer and took them a few days apart. Go to a doctor if you are worried. But I'd say trust it. And see you on the other thread when you are ready :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->