Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

Haha yeah me too. I got into science and learned about evoloution. Actually even before that. Dinosaurs. If "god" created all living things and light and all that in seven days how did the dinosaurs exist thousands (millions?) of years before human life. It didn't ever mention dinosaurs in the bible because when the bible was written they hadn't discovered dinosaurs yet. I'm pretty sure I stopped believing in god around the same time as Santa, maybe a couple years later but I did think when I found out they weren't real that maybe he wasn't too.

Yeah, I think that was the biggest thing that kinda turned me off of creationism. Dinosaurs. I was totally obsessed with them as a kid, and was telling my parents all about their evolution even before I realized that my family would probably condemn me to hell as a four year old for knowing all of it. :haha:

:rofl: luckily for me once my sister and I brought it up and presented our reasoning my parents (dad and step-mom) agreed and decided they didn't believe these stories either so obviously weren't true believers since they could listen to logic. My brother still believed in him, but that was years ago, he might be on par with the rest of us heathens now

We got the results from the SA yesterday. Dh's swimmers are great. I'm relieved and feeling good about the IUI!

Also, on the recommendation of my dr., i'm starting accupunture tomorrow. Feeling a little nervous about that.

Glad to hear your DH's SA came back great! Good luck with the IUI!

My body responded really well to acu. I started right when we started ttc and continued for the first 7 cycles. It helped regulate my body and cycles post BC. I started with 60+ day cycles and ended with 31 day cycles. This last cycle, I didn't do any acu and winded up preggo with strong seed... maybe just a coincidence?

My body responded really well to acu. I started right when we started ttc and continued for the first 7 cycles. It helped regulate my body and cycles post BC. I started with 60+ day cycles and ended with 31 day cycles. This last cycle, I didn't do any acu and winded up preggo with strong seed... maybe just a coincidence?

The acu appt. went well today. He specializes in fertility treatments. It was kind of strange talking to him about my flow, spotting and cm.... He recommends chinese herbs too, but I'm going to wait and see what my dr. says tomorrow at my ultrasound. They don't want you to combine Chinese herbs with Western medicine like Clomid.

ok, had my scan and it showed just one gestational sac! Whew! We were worried there for a bit about he whole twins thing!

Everything looked great, I'm measuring 5 weeks 5 days, still a few days behind where I should be (6 weeks 3days) but catching up since the last scan! My doctor said they can't really date me until they see the fetus, which will happen at the next scan in 2 weeks. No heart beat yet, but this little bean is looking healthy and normal!

Congrats Viet. Glad things are looking good. Yay for follow up scans!!!!

Great news Viet!! When I was young I always said I wanted twins. The thought scares me now. Yay for one sac.

Great news Viet!! When I was young I always said I wanted twins. The thought scares me now. Yay for one sac.

It's funny when they first thought I had twins all I could think about was just how happy my 8 year old self would have been! Now the whole idea of twins is just so scary!

I just got back from my ultrasound. I have a 19.8 follicle, which they said is a good size. I misunderstood and won't be doing IUI tis cycle. They require an HSG first and I have to get my cd21 bloodwork done, which I'll do next week. They sent me home with instructions to bd today, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. My cd3 bloodwork all came back normal.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

ok, had my scan and it showed just one gestational sac! Whew! We were worried there for a bit about he whole twins thing!

Everything looked great, I'm measuring 5 weeks 5 days, still a few days behind where I should be (6 weeks 3days) but catching up since the last scan! My doctor said they can't really date me until they see the fetus, which will happen at the next scan in 2 weeks. No heart beat yet, but this little bean is looking healthy and normal!

Yay congratulations viet!! That's great news :happydance:

It's great that you're getting so many scans, I won't be getting my first until 12 weeks! I really can't wait that long! I'm 5 weeks 2 days at the moment, or at least that's what I've estimated, but if I go by the date of my last AF (which was actually the first day of an early MC), I am apparently 6 weeks (which is what my ticker says). It would be great to have a scan to know for sure!

Are you having any symptoms yet? I have been feeling absolutely shattered since getting my BFP, but the last couple of days I've had a bit more energy.

Hi to all the other girls!! :wave:

I just got back from my ultrasound. I have a 19.8 follicle, which they said is a good size. I misunderstood and won't be doing IUI tis cycle. They require an HSG first and I have to get my cd21 bloodwork done, which I'll do next week. They sent me home with instructions to bd today, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. My cd3 bloodwork all came back normal.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good luck with everything. Did they show you the egg? When I went for my diagnostic US they also saw a nearly mature egg and said I should get busy that weekend. And luckily that was it for us. It's really neat to know that I saw the egg that made this baby. My DH thinks that made him focus more knowing the egg was there..... not like all those temping and opks weren't enough or anything...and he wasn't there to see it but whatever...MEN!

Maybe you'll catch it this cycle. But at least you know where you are going if you don't. That helped me a lot. Just knowing what to expect next.

:hugs: and luck!

Ugh, come oooooon. I want a bfp so bad. I'm starting to really hate my body. :dohh:

Yay congratulations viet!! That's great news :happydance:

It's great that you're getting so many scans, I won't be getting my first until 12 weeks! I really can't wait that long! I'm 5 weeks 2 days at the moment, or at least that's what I've estimated, but if I go by the date of my last AF (which was actually the first day of an early MC), I am apparently 6 weeks (which is what my ticker says). It would be great to have a scan to know for sure!

Are you having any symptoms yet? I have been feeling absolutely shattered since getting my BFP, but the last couple of days I've had a bit more energy.

Hi to all the other girls!! :wave:

I don't think I could have waited 12 weeks! I've already been in for 3 ultrasounds and have a 4th one scheduled!

I'm a bit nervous because we haven't seen the heart beat yet, but that little bean sure did grow in the 6 days between the last ultrasounds! I'm hoping that growth is a good sign. My husband want to tell his parents, but I'm worried still. Maybe you notice that I still don't have a ticker up and I haven't changed my status to expecting. :shrug:

I had a few days of not feeling so hot. And still get tired easily, but over all I'm feeling pretty awesome. My mom told me she never had ms, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect me either...:thumbup:

I don't think I could have waited 12 weeks! I've already been in for 3 ultrasounds and have a 4th one scheduled!

I'm a bit nervous because we haven't seen the heart beat yet, but that little bean sure did grow in the 6 days between the last ultrasounds! I'm hoping that growth is a good sign. My husband want to tell his parents, but I'm worried still. Maybe you notice that I still don't have a ticker up and I haven't changed my status to expecting. :shrug:

I had a few days of not feeling so hot. And still get tired easily, but over all I'm feeling pretty awesome. My mom told me she never had ms, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect me either...:thumbup:

I didn't make a ticker until I heard the heartbeat at 12/13 weeks (and I saw it at 9/10). I did change my status after a little while but I was still really nervous.

Every pregnancy and every woman is different. I've spoken to women who have a few kids and they say no 2 were alike.

For me, I started getting nausea around 5 weeks... but 6 weeks MS kicked in. then went away at 10ish weeks and came back with a vengeance for a week 13 send off into my second tri. If you're exhausted that's a good thing, it means you're feeling something! I was so wiped out and I'm finally getting energy back, though I slept in yesterday and today with almost 10 hours sleep.

Maybe you're just a lucky one Viet. My good friend just 'felt like crap' and was nauseous a bit but never got sick. And my aunt... she said she had the easiest pregnancy ever, didn't feel a thing, could eat how she wanted and never really 'felt' anything other than her growing belly and she was a first time mom at 40.

Good luck!!!

tsy- I think I'm nervous about changing my ticker, because during my last pregnancy, the same night I changed my ticker, I started to spot, and miscarried the next morning. I know it was just random that it happened on the same day, but I can't help like I'm going to jinx it.

Yeah, my mom said she felt totally normal with my brother. It never really effected her until she started to get really big and uncomfortable during the last few weeks. She said with me, it was a bit harder, tired often and didn't feel so hot (she was 35 - much older than with my brother), but she never got sick.

I hope everyone's beans stay super sticky! :hugs:

So, I have either started another crappy AF a week early (which has never happened to me in my life), or I'm having some heavy duty IB. Saturday I had some light brown spotting, yesterday it was barely there, and today it's heavier than it was on Saturday! No red, though.

I don't know what's going on. I was never truly "regular" in my cycles, but my body has gone haywire since starting to TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->