Support thread for all the atheist,agnostic,non-religious and secular humanist TTCers

So, me and babyrogers were talking in my journal about how AF came almost two weeks early for me, and was weird brown... And joked that it might have been heavy IB. I didn't want to waste an hpt, so I took an opk. It is POSITIVE.

If it was AF, today would be CD6 and my first day not bleeding. Uh... I shouldn't have a positive opk, right?

Sheesh, Ginger, I don't know. Even putting your spotting and bleeding on a calendar might help. Fertilityfriend.com is free!

As for the OPK/HCG thing, here's some good reading:
https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

This is why we temp!!!! :winkwink:

Ginger, how long are your cycles usually? Maybe you O really early. So etimes you can see a positive for a couple days.

Babyrogers, have you considered acupuncture to regulate your cycles? My friend wasn't getting periods and she swears it made her regular again. I just started going to help with my spotting and to lengthen lp.

Pbl, where are you in your cycle?

I'm going in for bloodwork today to confirm I am O'ing. I'm assuming they'll schedule cd21 tests for next Tuesday.

Hope all the mommas-to-be are feeling well!!

My cycles are close to 30 days, give or take a day or two. This last one was only 15. Never in my LIFE... :shrug:

The OPK faded to negative after a while, which was strange. I still have positive ones from December from the same batch, and they're still dark. Not sure what's up with that. I took a $Tree hpt and got a BFN, which I expected. I just wanted to make sure.

Tempted to go buy a BBT thermometer today, and see if FF will play nice with me now. I would have to get the one from Walgreens.

15 days does sound like something else was going on. I wonder if this is relevant: It was really helpful for me when I started charting to be able to understand the difference between spotting (NOT AF) and real AF. When I was going through the ectopic and had weeks and weeks of light to heavy bleeding and frequent spotting (just scroll through my charts, from my siggie, for the fall), I also realized that the spotting was a good indicator that things weren't right. Mid-cycle spotting is VERY rare. A few women spot during ovulation, and some spot the latter half of the luteal phase, but if you're spotting past when AF happens I think it's pretty much guaranteed that you're not in the follicular phase and/or something is off (e.g., PCOS can cause a lot of spotting).

Sometimes spotting versus AF can be really difficult to determine, and it's based on both color and quantity. The guideline is if it fills up a pad or tampon at a certain rate with red or dark red (there are rules, but I think it's more important to consider it relative to normal flow for the person) then it's AF.

A true BBT will go the the hundredth degree (e.g., 97.41), but I think most of us just use the regular digital with tenths that are available at all drug stores.

Sb, another thing to know is that CD21 tests are only valid for those who O on or near CD14. Lots of women don't! So they get these tests back with bad results and panic, although everything might be just fine. I really hope your test results come back great!!!!

Lots of women swear by acupuncture for their cycles and fertility!

AFM, I'm CD13 and hoping to O soon--it's usually CD17, but has been a few days earlier or later. OH and I are in the midst of our first SMEP month, so keep your FX for us! This is also my first month using OPKs, so I'm eagerly awaiting darker lines. They've been consistently faint so far. :coffee: I've also upped the ante on supplements this month, so I'm really hopeful!

Any other news from anyone else????? How are those heathen babies doing?

I never spotted in my life until I started TTC. There were a couple of times I missed a cycle through my later teens to now, but never spotting. Now all of a sudden, I'm having this crazy brown spotting. It's so weird. I just don't know what to make of it. It was enough that I did fill up tampons. Towards the end it got a little red. It stopped full force after the fifth day, which is normal for AF for me. But I'm still getting brown-tinted CM, which is not normal.

In 2009 I went 3 months without AF. They did some hormone and thyroid tests, tested for early menopause, and also did a transvaginal ultrasound. They didn't find anything out of the ordinary at all, so I'm reasonably sure I don't have PCOS or anything like that. Eventually they just gave me provera to start AF, and everything was fine after that.

There were a few months when we were NTNP that AF would NOT COME unless I took an HPT. I was starving and tired all the time, getting a metallic taste in my mouth, having nausea... I think I was making psychosomatic pregnancies or something. I would be a week late, and finally take an HPT... It would be negative, and then AF would start within an hour.

Now I have the weird spotting thing going on. I just went to the OB/GYN last month, and everything seemed fine.

I hate my body. :dohh:

I might try acupuncture if it doesn't start soon. Temps went up today. Hoping that's a positive sign. I got woken up early by the phone call saying DF's grandfather had passed away. I rested for about 20 minutes and then temped at 8:30, usually temp at 9. Hope it didn't effect things too much. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I might try acupuncture if it doesn't start soon. Temps went up today. Hoping that's a positive sign. I got woken up early by the phone call saying DF's grandfather had passed away. I rested for about 20 minutes and then temped at 8:30, usually temp at 9. Hope it didn't effect things too much. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Sorry for the family loss. :hugs:

Thanks Ginger. They are all catholic and saying he's in a better place, he's in heaven with his dad now. Made me sad because I know he's just gone but he isn't suffering anymore at least.

Thanks Ginger. They are all catholic and saying he's in a better place, he's in heaven with his dad now. Made me sad because I know he's just gone but he isn't suffering anymore at least.

And him not suffering is important. Yesterday was actually the 4 year anniversary of DH's grandfather passing. At the funeral, they played lots of famous religious songs for people to sing along to, and they had a projector playing the lyrics. I was like "How do I know all these songs by heart as an agnostic, and you guys need a jumbotron?" :shrug:

Ha, that's terrible. I know a lot of irreligious people know more about religion than the religious people. I'm fully expecting this funeral to be highly religious.

Found this:

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/godismycopilot_zps8b255bf5.png

Yay for more sane intelligent people. Lol. Welcome. :hi:

Babyrogers, I hope DF is doing ok!

Pbl, I usually O on CD 14. I meant to call the nurse yesterday, but forgot. I'll check in Monday am to ask about cd 21 tests. I think they thought I was going to O earlier bc they saw a large follicle last Friday at my us. Good luck with SMEP. It's a commitment!

Welcome Coral!

Welcome, Coral!

https://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q655/GingerPanda89/donottouchdinosaurs_zpsccbb44e9.jpg

Oh man, ya'll. You've got to watch this. It's hilarious!

Best Sex-Ed Video EVER

Thanks sbmack. He seems to be doing okay, his grandpa' death wasn't unexpected and his grandma was taking care of him 24/7, poor stubborn woman. But he wanted to die at home not in a hospital. Anyway, I'm getting so tired of this cycle. 55 days, that makes me 27 days longer so far than the average woman and a little over 3 weeks late for me based on pre-pill afs. I wish I would just ovulate already, so I could finally actually be in the tww. Rant over. How are the rest of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->